Pedalboard Pictures!

Very neat pedalboard. Nice work!. Whatever happened to the pedalboard with the same pattern as your avatar?.
I wish I had a pedalboard to keep it neat :(.

better not be the George Ls.. they are known to suck out your tone dead. Leaving you a muffled sounding output..

oh man,i wanted to get patch cables that i could customized for my pedal board.George L was one of my options but i read somewhere they are quite expensive and read about the tone sucking and also that the whole solder-less concept thingy isn't effective and could lead to a faulty effects chain.

any other choices for customizable patch cables?

i think it'll be great if you can get bill lawrence plugs (which they are the pioneer of the GLs, infact it's said that GLs copied them but used lower quality material) and use evidence audio's monorail (which is suitable for solderless too).

I'm using monorail but soldered with the Australian Amphenol plugs. The plug is slightly bigger then wad u see in gls or bl. Bt they work fine..

ah.. if only i've time to post my pedalboard pic :D

where could i get this bill Lawrence? I know Davis is George L's if I'm not wrong?

How much would they probably cost?

by the looks of it,i think i might just stick to tymc flats heads and canare.haha

where could i get this bill Lawrence? I know Davis is George L's if I'm not wrong?

How much would they probably cost?

by the looks of it,i think i might just stick to tymc flats heads and canare.haha

well if you are not so concern about the suction of tone(which most probably you cant hear it live and your audience wouldn't know a diff), i'll say go for the canare :)

better not be the George Ls.. they are known to suck out your tone dead. Leaving you a muffled sounding output..

this is actually the first time i'm hearing this. Perhaps you didn't install it correctly? George L's are known to retain clarity and provide a rather high-fi quality to your tone, rather than muffle it. I've compared canare to George L's and find them superior to the sound quality. However, the build quality of George L's can be suspect - in the sense that they are fragile. Hence if one is to use this, it would be wise to place them in a board with a hardcase.

There's a certain reason why Eric Johnson uses only George Ls....and he can hear the difference between them and other patch cables! :eek:

Besides that, George Ls tend to retain treble better as compared to your normal patch cable. Its a common misconception that most fall for when they switch over to george ls, thinking their rig becomes very trebly, just gotta tweak the settings la!

retain treble? i dont think so. lose low end.. yes imo.
try A-B canare gs-4 and george's L. then a-b canare gs-6 and gs-4 and lastly gs-6 and planet wave gold plugs. all i can say planetwave and gs-6 sounds full. U can hear the low end of these 2 cables. Based on what i've tested and hear, gs-6 got a little more low end than planet wave. I always feel that planet wave is neutral in the sound it produces. whats common with gs-4 and georges's L? lack of low end. U can say trebly coz it is.

i dont mean gs-4 and georges L cable are not good. Its a matter of preference guys. i personally like gs-6 cables. :p

Was using George Ls cables n patches. I switched to monorails with amphenol plugs and melody with neutrik. Not that the George Ls is not good, but I had one patch that failed me and it just makes me feel insecure. As for planetwave... I had 3 planetwave cables that died in a year, maybe I'm just unlucky.

this is actually the first time i'm hearing this. Perhaps you didn't install it correctly? George L's are known to retain clarity and provide a rather high-fi quality to your tone, rather than muffle it. I've compared canare to George L's and find them superior to the sound quality. However, the build quality of George L's can be suspect - in the sense that they are fragile. Hence if one is to use this, it would be wise to place them in a board with a hardcase.

haha.. sorry if any 1 don't believe in what i've said here.. but yes i've a/b them with evidence audio cables.. they are no match for any of the evidence.. it's still a personal preference here..

wow such a coincidence, you guys are discussing about this topic

i got to hear a really good player compare evidence audio cables against the planet waves cables today

the evidence audio cable retains the mids really nicely, much more then the planet waves one which results in the former sounding much clearer and the latter to sound "dead"
however it might sound trebly to some as they are too used to hearing "normal" cables

pity that i didnt get to hear the george Ls though. the player was complaining that they were overrated and swapped them out of his board for the evidence audio

personally im using the canare cables from tymc. works fine for me. cheap and reliable

Last edited:
Back