Pedalboard Pictures!

honestly, i don't really see much wrong with having a board with pedals that are all buffer bypassed. this is coming from a guy who's rig is filled with true bypass pedals. i do not believe having a rig with 5-6 buffer bypass pedals does not totally throw away a guitar's original tone, and induce tone suck as you guys say.

http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/articles/fetsw.htm

this site might have thrown bad ideas about FET (Boss-style) switching into the mix, but think about this. your guitar heroes steve vai and joe satriani have not given up on their FET-switching DS-1s, and i wonder what SRV would say with a TS808 modded for true bypass.

on the brighter/true-bypass side of things, here's my board! :p
Pedalboard2.JPG

:D

he gave up on the byoc as the one he got was poorly assembled and giving him alot of problems. so he couldnt rely on them anymore and he got the clone.

Nysk,
“deanluah, noticed that none of those pedals are TBP, isn’t it a pain? Really admire how u could do with so much tone suck and btw is deanluah ur actual name? i noe a person whose name only differs from the first letter of ur name haha”

Yeap… My name is really Dean Luah. I’m a real noob when it comes to pedals and stuff so can you please explain ‘TBP ’and ‘Tone Suck’ cos these terms are really foreign to me.

Gibbytones,
“By the looks of it. Most of his pedals will be on all the time. So I doubt it really matters. Besides, there are worst ones when it comes to all buffer line up in previous posts.”

Most of my pedals are indeed on most the time. I just switch between the Muff and Jackhammer and Stomp on the EQ when I require to stand out from the mix. The reverb is perpetually on all the time and set more dry then wet. The compressor is also set on all the time so I stay within my dynamic space of a mix.

I used to have an A/B selector to switch between 2 chains but found that unnecessary when I downgraded to these remaining 4-5 stomp boxes. Please advise on alternative ways to route my signal

Phil,
“interesting arrangement of them pedals.”

Erm… why is it interesting? I just line them in a row for the “firing squad”.

Ooh ooh... I just read the FET Switching article. Like they say, "You learn something new everyday"

Thanks for the link Geraldkoh.

Oh yah... btw... Nice pedalboard you have there.

Cheers!

heh, just imho, concentrate on making music with the pedals on board. As for the true bypass, tone suck issues with pedals, you can read up on it to know more, but never get too crazy over it..

coz after that, there will be even more things that internet forums will over emphasis on. Cables to plugs to amp to pickup to pooteek stuff :lol:

but then, wheres the music?

Hmm.

Yeah.. the whole tone thing has completely engulfed me at one point in time.. so much so that I invested quite a fair bit of cash to DIY my own patch cables, with some luther-made Canare cable + neutrik heads, and some of my own gotham cable + neutrik head cables of custom length.

I had upgraded all the cables, then go for jam the wall socket of the jam studio play foul with me and refused to power-up my set-up. Damn CCB man.

heh, just imho, its never wrong to indulge in high end gear, but when the emphasis is overly on gear aspect, then there cud be some problem i guess

before knowing how an effect in getting that special sound, are we too concern about true bypass/tone suckage?

before hearing what an effect is capable of, are we too caught up between analog or digital?

before using an effect to what it is possible from within, are we too quick to discard it coz it cant do what we have in mind or sound like someone else?

before talking about tone suckage, shud we look at it whether is it before or after the effect is activated?

yeah finally it has to be re said again. so many pple focus on all that true bypass thing and all that no tone suck stuff. but if u suck as a player, no amount of non-tone-suck pedals will unsuck ur playing. and like a producer once said, he saw evh playing the most amazing and toneful and woody sound from a synthetic bodied guitar.

not to say that it isnt impt to have a good rig but just look at the stuff u pple are typing and can u honestly say that the player is the one who operates all the equipment or has it become the other way round?

Chill fellas... Please read previous posts before you react. Perhaps you will be able to understand why I posted that previous sarcastic remark.

I thought this thread was about pictures of our pedal-boards. What happened?

Back