Pedalboard Pictures!

bouncy: thanks, pm-ed you.

hahaz: I didn't change to using multiefx completely. Bought 1 for the sake of home recording. Found it hard to tweak multiefx on-the-fly for live situations especially when you don't gig with your own amp. I've always had this set up with me so I sold away the multiefx to get a tubezone after my guitarist got the same multiefx unit. However, he's also using analog pedals including the RAT2 I replaced with the Tubezone :lol: We use the multiefx for some modulations on recordings. Guess multi-efx isn't for everyone. And you're?

suckasucks: Yeah, tone suck :oops: Planning to get a dual looper w/ tuner out. But like what Goose's signature says, when the drummer kicks in, nothing else matter! I usually play at high gain and volume (very minimal clean) so I can't hear much of tone suck after pushing up the amp's treble. I might be wrong tho. For recording, it's always guitar to amp straight with the digidelay in between occasionally.

my "not yet complete" board ...

Pedals026.jpg

Pedals025.jpg

the flanger is not connected ... dunno how it got on there ...

My board. Oops - boards I mean :lol:

boss_collection_01.jpg
[/URL][/img]

All "MIJ" except the metallic blue one that all of you know...

Ripper Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My board. Oops - boards I mean

All "MIJ" except the metallic blue one that all of you know...

Like Boss Pedals huh....

Yup. But dont really care if they appreciate in value or not lah. I love Boss pedals the way they look and function. They might not be the best, but hey - they are good enuff for Bedroom Rockers like me!!

Some of the older pedals eg. DM-2, TW-1, OC-2.. appreciate in value (if you insist), the very moment I took over them - real cheap price from GOOD FRIENDS!

Anyway, some more vintage stuff to show all. Real "gu-za" Boss instrument here 8) :

Boss KM-04 4 Channel micro-mixer
boss_km-04.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Front and back close-ups
km-04_front.jpg
[/URL][/img]

km-04_back.jpg
[/URL][/img]

my pedalboard pales in comparison to all the great stuff you see on this thread, but i present you the humble rig nonetheless. it's sufficient for the time being till i generate more money for more intriguing toys. wink.

and if you do spot a rather short fella lugging around a westfield like the one you see below, please do say hello!

humblerig02.jpg

humblerig.jpg

Yo ebenex - Thanks there. A little hobby of mine la. Really like the colours, like lego blocks :lol: May visit your store this weekend to check out stuffs! Who do I look for? Dont tell me "Mr Ebenex"... :roll:

Yo guys.. Need some help here.. I am planning to buy some effect with the upcoming GST money.. But the thing is my previous effect (GFX 707) which in my opinion sucks big time.. I plans to go analog which I think is the best way..

First of all.. Wat effect should I buy first?
- Dist / OD
- Metal type effect
- or any other effect

I will buy at least 3 effects.. As it will be more fun than jus One..
The effects should cover mostly Rock / Emo genre..
So I need your sincere advice..

PS: Budget is arnd $400 inclusive of the OneSpot(Plus the daisy chains), Good patches wires and the carry case..

with a budget of 400 and that much of things to cover.. not enough at all.

you should go and try out the different distortion pedals out there.
see what you like.
settle on your distortion 1st i would say as its a good place to get started.
you dont really need a carry case nor the good patch cables yet.

get your arsenal done slowly. once you are settled for the time being.
then go and get your patches and cases.

May I suggest that you buy some cheaper, value for money pedals first, to get a feel of how analog effects respond, as well as the way they react in different placement orders.

For $400:
FAB Overdrive $25
FAB+Overdrive+Pedal.jpg

Not a TS clone, but has a little of the ts flavour, and an overall nice OD to play with. I've used it at a couple of gigs.

FAB Distortion $25
FAB-D-2T.jpg

Produces tone close to a BOSS DS-1. Haven't tried it out extensively, but that's the initial impression. And we all know the DS-1 is one basic pedal that many of us started out with.

FAB Metal $25
FAB+Metal+Pedal.jpg

Another option for a distortion. Have never heard this one, but I guess it's another huge step in gain from the overdrive and the distortion. May be worth a try if you're still figuring out what kind of distortion tones you want.

FAB Chorus $25
FAB+Chorus+Pedal.jpg

Quite a few forum members have been saying how fantastic value for money this chorus is. Myself am using this on my board for many of my tones.

FAB Flange $25
FAB+Flange+Pedal.jpg

There are many better flanges out there, but for $25, it's a cheap introduction to the world of flange. This one is a heavy, synthetic, metallic kind, not the highly sought after warm, pink floydish flange.

Ibanez DE7 $140
367828.jpg

There's a FAB Echo, but I don't recommend that as it is just a slapback, with a not much control on the delay length. The DE7 is an often recommended delay, being reasonably priced and having good functions, as well as being praised for sounding good.

Swee Lee lists the DE7 as $140 on their website, but there's probably still a further discount. 2nd hand they run for about $90. The FAB effects can be bought at Yamaha plaza singapura and Yamaha Tampines. Just remember to get the FREE, on the spot, membership before you buy them. Otherwise they are about $30 each.

There, these pedals are more or less the basic ones you'll want to play with, and they only total to $265.

Other basic ones you might want to get:
Nano small stone (phaser) $160 from mrmisse
1379-large.jpg

Little Big Muff (fuzz) $135 from mrmisse
littlebigmuff.jpg

Stereo Pulsar (tremolo) $165 from mrmisse
n_stereopulsar.jpg

Maybe a Wah too, but i'm not too experienced with wahs in the market, so I won't recommend any.

Yo BlueArk.. Thanks for your advice.. I seen a lot of pedals that you put up for me.. I will consider it then.. Does most of the people start their effects with Ds-1?

Anyway.. BlueArk..I plan to buy a dist / metal effect first.. Besides FAB Effect is there other else?

8) 8)

Back