Pedalboard Pictures!

i went to the yamaha at plaza yesterday... their whole showcase is like stuffed with ehx pedals now. i didnt see any FABS. ill go check out the one at tampines.

planning to get that OD and doing something to it :twisted:

Hey all Small Clone owners- does it go well with OD? What does the depth switch do?
After listening to samples, I still can't put my finger on it..

Right now I've got a Bad Monkey and a RAT 2, so looking for a good mid-priced chorus..

Yo Life55.. I played mostly emo songs like The Used, 30 seconds to Mars, Funeral For a Friend and some rock bands like Creed, AudioSlave..

Any advice for a dist / metal pedal for these genres?

8) 8)

Reth, the depth switch on the small clone 'detunes' the sounds even furthur. i find that sound very unusable if the rate knob is above 2 o'clock and the depth is at the top switch, then again, it's imo. it can get pretty crazy and wierd, this chorus

hey ark are the fab effects TBP or TBP moddable?

might want to get a fab echo, provided the pedal doesnt alter my tone so much like the dam dd3

^if its gonna be on all the time then why bother true bypassing it?
purpose of true bypass is so your original tone is almost unchanged when the pedal is off, when its on it doesnt matter whether its TB or not. boss pedals really alter the tone when they're off though.

Hey Gibby, I've looked up on rehousing the fab and yeap its possible. True bypass too. Forgot the link to it though, was looking at the site at work LOL. They even rehoused all the fab in rack like mounts, very cool.

moogie the fab metal might sound like a good choice maybe cause of its price but I'd not recommend it. I play 30 seconds and I'm using Uber Metal with controlled distortions and it fits perfect.

I'd suggest you try the Boss Metalzone, though it does get some flak from ppl cause I have to say it lacks balls in jamming volume but with tweaking of eq's it'll be good to go. Its up to you.

I've used the MT2 before the UM and its a good pedal for those kinds of music you play IMO.

True bypass, yes. Easy, no.

Rehouse, yes. Cheap, no.

Unless you really love the tone of your FAB, rehousing it will bring it to a similar price as your average metal case, true bypass available pedal.

moogie, stay away from distortion pedals with the word 'metal' in them, most of them are terrible, eg mt-2. they're just a bunch of noise with lots of treble and no midrange. mt-2 lacks in bass too which gives you piercing highs. prob a distortion with a clean boost like the micro amp or LPB or overdrive like the bad monkey boosting it would be better.

he has a point.

but not all la actually.

the new line of boss 'metal' distortion called 'metal core' it sounds pretty decent for high gain pedal. much much better than its MT2 cousin.

moogie Id strongly suggest you go try out the nano metal muff. which is about 135 dollars. very decent pedal indeed.

See moog this is where you have to go and try the pedals and hear it to your liking. All we have is opinions but its your ears that'll be hearing the sound you play day in day out.

Go try out the pedals that blueark, sucka, myself and others that might be recommend.

yeah i heard the ML-2 is much better than the MT-2. but im still not a fan of scooped mids :)

try the metal muff. atm the best pedal with the word metal in it.

Back