NIRVANA!

I respect them for being the fathers of a great genre, but there are other much better bands after them I'd rather listen to.

So yea, I listen to some songs. Not a fanatic though.

I ah... I'm no fanatic, in fact, I can't stand the sloppy guitar playing that grunge music translates as "attitude". :!: Hehe... ;)

BUT, I'll give it to Nirvana, they had a nice simple song or 2... Everyone had to have tried to play Smells Like Teen Spirit in the early days of their guitar playing.

ShredCow said:
I ah... I'm no fanatic, in fact, I can't stand the sloppy guitar playing that grunge music translates as "attitude". :!: Hehe... ;)

BUT, I'll give it to Nirvana, they had a nice simple song or 2... Everyone had to have tried to play Smells Like Teen Spirit in the early days of their guitar playing.

Hi. Sloppy as they are, I think to a certain extent, imho skill is somewhat irrelevant to music. Their artistic statement just happened to 'click' with the generation of the time. Those shredder and corporate sounds of the 80s were VERY boring. Nirvana came and popular music felt fresh again. Until, of course, the rock star syndrome returns again.

nirvana rox man!
u guys know of anywhere i can get their ablums for not-so-expensive price?
Kurt's dead but at least there's still Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic and early Nirvana drummer Chad Channing haha 8O

depends
no nirvana is very unheard of
unless for those that 20 years or older
during their time nirvana flourished
but well i m only 15

Back