NIRVANA!

blahblah said:
you may not like hair bands but there are many of us here who do. :) so before you start throwing insulting comments like "saved us from the hair bands" think first. one man's food is another man's poison. :p
Yeah.. and ill appriciate those whose into those 'hair bands' and metal.. those fuccking diss punkrock.. 8)

Vaiyen said:
suicide is a sin in most religions.

Kurt is great. His vocals just rocks!
There is actually this site which have many reasons that Kurt Cobain was actually murdered and not suicide....After scanning the whole webbie....I too have to agree that Kurt WAS murdered....Something fishy abt his Suicide though...

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

Courtney love is the only person i know who actually looks worse than kurt cobain.... I hate him for starting that whole grunge nonsense, which in turn led to the stupid "rock" crap you see on mtv today.

grunge is not crap, they are honest, confessional music...what u see on MTV now is pop punk, its not even grunge. Grunge died when kurt shot himself.

Alice in Chains is so much better than the overrated N******. Yet the first thing you think of when somebody mentions 'grunge' is that crappy three man band. Cmon, what emotional music? cobain was just screaming or whispering on their albums. Layne Stanley had so much more emotions.

boone said:
Alice in Chains is so much better than the overrated N******. Yet the first thing you think of when somebody mentions 'grunge' is that crappy three man band. Cmon, what emotional music? cobain was just screaming or whispering on their albums. Layne Stanley had so much more emotions.

by the way,Nirvana was not overated....Kurt himself don want to be so famous.....it was the critic that made them famous coz during tat time the ppl wanted to see new movement......And nirvana was 1 who the step up and create the grunge scene......

17wil said:
yea man
too bad he himself is in 'pain'
and he got too 'high'

anw i don believe tat he kill himself.....if u read the book u pretty convince that Courtney love kill him coz of will since Cobain wanted to divorce her.Even Courtney's dad was aware of her daughter was link to the death of kurt

wangdexian said:
Black Eyed Peas too.
But the hip hop that sucks IMO is gangsta rap.

to be honest with u.....gangster rap is not exactly the same as hip hop music ....get ur fact rite anw......

hmmmmmm...

Kurt is one of the best singer/songwriter of the 90's. he is one of the best in his own right. great songs, great lyrics, great band... too bad the media started making him a "superstar" and in the end he gets "too famous" which i feel he would not want to be in the 1st place.

and yes Layne Staley is a great vocalist, too bad he died too. but thank god we still have the great Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder from the ashes of that great "Seattle Rules" period...

I miss the 90s grunge era, where there were a lot of good bands with a lot of great music and lyrics. The only band left from that era is Pearl Jam but too bad they are in a hiatus period.

yep, Pearl Jam... matt cameron (soundgarden) is with them now. Pearl Jam and Mudhoney (another great seattle band) performed in the Indoor Stadium in 1995.

and Nirvana was in Singapore too in the early 90's. they "cannot" perform. Big-O magazine did a face-to-face interview with Kurt.

i bought the greatest hits album some time ago for abt $18...quite value for money, considering the fact that some albums have only barely more than half an hour of music.
they're really great. cobain writes good lyrics and sings it well, although i think that some of their stuff is repetitive.

i like nirvana..Heart Shaped Box, Lithium..everything rocks la

i dun really know wat to say here,just that seeing "NIRVANA!" had an effect on me and i had to post sth..hahaa

headwan said:
to be honest with u.....gangster rap is not exactly the same as hip hop music ....get ur fact rite anw......
Gansta rap IS a sub genre of hip hop.
Anyway, I just realized I lost my Nirvana cds.
Hooray.

i love nirvana, my favourite band ever. they got me started in music. love em or hate em, they were the voice of a generation. and if it weren't for them, hell many of your favourite bands wouldn't exist today, or be so popular. they took grunge/punk/alternative out of the hole in the ground, so respect them for that. it's just too bad they were only short lived, i don't wanna say whether kurt killed himself or not and why to avoid some arguements. but for a band that's been in the scene for only bout 4 years and acheive legendary status, it's something. rock on nirvana fans.

nivarna is cool. im not a big fan or anything though. i can only remember 2 of their song names =) smells like teen spirit and lithium. oh ya shouldnt this be in kopitiam section or smth?

Back