NIRVANA!

u cnt deny it..90s Gangsta Rap was good,foo'
i mean,dammit Coolio,2pac,Dre? Snoop...yeah those were good times...i mean the things they rap about isnt all about the booty,but ranges to the difficult lives they lead...

rappers nowadays are out there to be featured on Ipod and then sing about booty and some other new alternative word for sex..

and grunge is good..Nirvana isnt that bad,just that Kurt writes catchy songs is good enough,music aint all about the technicality...

but they aren't the best around...

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains definitely pwns Nirvana in the ass...but due to the easy listening of Nirvana,they definitely led the Grunge pack back in the days...

i guess whats important about Nirvana was that they made grunge accessible with their catchy songs.

its unlikely that grunge music would have gotten as big as it was without that simple 4 chord song Smells Like Teen Spirit and later on with The Man Who Sold The World playing on the radio. Sound Garden and Pearl Jam had great songs, but we have to admit that Smells Like Teen Spirit really got alot of us to sit up and listen in the 90s.

i think Kurt understood the beauty of simplicity in songwriting, the music isn't anything to shout about, but he did have some really brilliant lyrics (heart shaped box, pennyroyal tea, drain you).

oh, and they did some really good covers on MTV unplugged...Lake of Fire anyone?

Lake Of Fire is damn cool...sounds great...but it wasn't Kurt who was playing the guitar..it was those Meat Puppet dudes...but yeah it is definitely a great song! and a great cover

Nirvana Unplugged > All other Nirvana Albums..

MTV unplugged was a very intimate album, very different from the other 'live' bootlegs i used to own...

i remember Lake of Fire was like the 1st few songs i just started learning on guitar back in sec 2...struggle with the solo until fingers no skin left

i love nirvana!!

my favourite songs are smells like teen spirit, lithium, rape me, the man who sold the world and many more!!

NIRVANA ROCKS!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

^

haha you mean
my fav songs are .........

my personal favs : rape me, pennyroyal tea and come as you are :)
btw if i 'm not wrong ' the man who sold the world' was originally done by david bowie

^ yeah thats right,David Bowie made that song..and Kurt just made it nicer! coz i heard the original..and it had that weird Bowie style to it...

faves of Nirvana:Rape Me,Smells Like Teen Spirit (i found out that they are quite the same for most parts :p),Heart-Shaped Box,Pennyroyal Tea,You Know You're Right,Lithium.

AEnimic said:
u cnt deny it..90s Gangsta Rap was good,foo'
i mean,dammit Coolio,2pac,Dre? Snoop...yeah those were good times...i mean the things they rap about isnt all about the booty,but ranges to the difficult lives they lead...

rappers nowadays are out there to be featured on Ipod and then sing about booty and some other new alternative word for sex..

and grunge is good..Nirvana isnt that bad,just that Kurt writes catchy songs is good enough,music aint all about the technicality...

but they aren't the best around...

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains definitely pwns Nirvana in the ass...but due to the easy listening of Nirvana,they definitely led the Grunge pack back in the days...
personal preference my friend, personal preference. you can't simply say that any band pawns any other band. sound garden was good, but if you ask me alice in chains wasn't grundge. they were just part of the grunge movement because they were from seattle. they were more metal imo. still, none of them would be what they are if it weren't for nirvana, so give them credit for it.

i remember carlos santana said that it was a great loss for the rock world when cobain died. kurt surely wasn't the most technically gifted guitarist, but he was really gifted in his composing. and his singing was honest, didn't try to imitate anyone.

i personally enjoy all nirvana songs. to me their best song's 'you know you're right'. people should listen to their other songs too. like scentless apprentice, milk it, breed etc. :D

^ breed and scentless is nice :D :D

i get what you mean man,well yeah Nirvana is a good band..never said they weren't :D sorry if what i wrote sounded different from my intention..

Hmm.

Until today I still do a cover of their version of Bill Monroe's "In The Pines", which is their famous live take of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night". All on acoustic.

Many people don't know that that song was originally a fast-picking bluegrass song. 8)

Hmm.

haha.. if I have the time, perhaps. But it's not much different from their version.

Unless you're referring to the bluegrass version. haha that one tak boleh.

Crawldaddy said:
Hmm.

haha.. if I have the time, perhaps. But it's not much different from their version.

Unless you're referring to the bluegrass version. haha that one tak boleh.

did leadbelly cover the song?

where do bad folks go when they die?
they don't go to heaven where the angels fly.
they go to a lake of fire and fry
see them again. till the fourth of july!

wooooo! nirvana rocks. too bad kurt killed himself.

i really wanted to meet him. my all time favourite band.

i've got a huge poster of him hung up my room wall.

Back