MONO playing in Zouk SG + KL, July 3rd + 5th

fuzzmusick: who are you ah?! i just have a feeling you're the big dude with the goatee that went up to KL for EITS. hmmmmm....

anyway, its easily the best gig ever for me. Sonic Youth, Mogwai, EITS did not even come close.

BIG BIG kudos to E and Kittywu for making the effort and giving it all for a great PA system. It wouldn't have been the same without the PA.

heh, edder bro, you and fuzz just sorta miss out each other during the signing session. He was at the front just a lil bit while i wander off to the side watching the band signing..

On behalf of KittyWu and the bands, MONO and I Am David Sparkle, we can't thank you all enough for the support and most of all.. just the love for the music...

I just found out last night that Singapore is the only other country apart from Seoul that had a signing. So hang on to those autographs... they're special.

the bassist chick (i forget her name) is beautiful..........was in lurve the whole night, yes of course i wuz enjoying the post-rock shoegaze orgasmatron!!!!

^^ tamaki i think
i'm taking a coach to KL tonight to see mono tomorrow evening! will be back with trip report (hehe)

2635251439_f7419d1d07_o.jpg

2635252055_7f990d614c_o.jpg

2636077388_d4e0a65b3e_o.jpg

Just got back from the exhaustive journey.
For the show, they played a couple of new songs. the last song, which happens to be a new song, was soul-crushingly amazing. I think the whole 200 or so of us on the packed dance floor can agree on that.

As usual, none of them so much as uttered a single word to the audience, but they have no need to. Their music speaks volumes to all of us. I know it's kinda cliched to say this considering they have such a raw, unbridled quality to their album's music, but if you haven't seen and heard Mono playing live, then my friend, you haven't really heard Mono.

Thanks to Soundscape Records and Mak for putting together a great show. Zouk really needs to invest in a better PA system. Also Elemental Gaze and Forbidden Culture deserve a mention for putting up a pretty solid opening act.

great pics bro edder. I don't have a dslr handy and it was kinda hard to get good unobstructed shots anyway. It was a good, moving malaysian crowd though.

bro fuzz, from what I remembered.. they played yearning, the kidnapper's bell (didn't expect this, but awesome!), lost snow, halcyon, and a couple of new songs. I was expecting Moonlight at the end, but they played a new song, and it was actually better, got lost for a moment there. Anyone knows the title? Didn't get to hear com, 'a speeding car', or 'the flames beyond the cold mountain' live, but there's always a next time I guess..

to quote my hokkien bro bros

"SONG BOH??" (feel shiok?)
icon10.gif

i knew i sibey song the other night, its like again, what those hokkien bros will say, "song song kao zurong"

theres no vocal mic on stage when they played on thursday, so thats prolly a sign that they wont say anything. Oh, was there a keyboard at the side of the stage when they played KL? Theres one on stage the other night, but it was never played

amazing how they could balance all the different frequencies and blended it so well that even at all the skull crushing climax part, still be able to hear everything so distinctively different, in such good way

yeah there was a keyboard and a glockenspiel, but the drummer played the glock only. guess they always settle on the setlist last.

Back