MONO playing in Zouk SG + KL, July 3rd + 5th

hope this helps.

IMG_0100.jpg

LOL! so you are the one who "stole" the setlist from Taka's corner after the show.

E, I only saw Adik hitting the GONG! hahahaha.....

The moment I heard the gong.... "welcome to the F#@K shop!" and sample of Sweet Child O Mine intro came to my head! hur hur hur...

If I'm not wrong, Yoda setlist was written in Japanese.. I was standing exactly in front of him..

And yes, new song very good!

yah lah.. spend money on renting the gong and then they never used it in the end... chey....

:)

I've just wanted to add that i've been a very long-time fan of mono, and their stuff is kinda way overplayed for me by now. I can't seem to listen to them for long, especially since their last album is treading similar grounds.

but...

watching them live is like hearing the soundtrack of my life, LIVE.
it's oh so beautiful......i'm falling in love and sinking into depression with them all over again. I'm really looking forward to their new album.

Yeah bro Dir.. Seeing them play live really made an impact on myself..

It's like the most beautiful thing that ever happened! And you can really feel the mixed emotions when you see them play..

so thats it....

Soft-loud-soft post rock music can only be appreciated fully LIVE.

I didn't look forward to Mogwai but after they played, I had renewed faith in their music... but only for so long.

I was quite happy to see EITS in KL but not like super fanboy excited. After the gig, I have a new love for their music... for a while.

Mono, on CD was pretty formulaic, I'll know when is the loud part coming and when is it going to fade off. But their live show... its like whatever you guys felt and more. And Mono is still on my playlist... so it's all good. :mrgreen:

oh really? dunno leh i thought on Mono's records they sounded MORE varied than at the live show (though it was nice of course).........put it down to the sound system i suppose, hard to really do very subtle stuff so better to just focus on the loud-soft dynamic?

if say played at Esplanade conecrt hall there cldve been more subtleties and nuances.........

eh i think any kind of music sounds better when performed live anyway. of course, ambience and a good sound system is integral to the experience. I guess this is especially true when it comes to loud.quiet.loud

Yup.. Ambient bands sounds better when played live..

Haven't heard any drone bands played live yet except for myself.. But if Sunn O))) were to play live here, it would be great!

from their tech rider one would need all the equipment companies in Spore to proivde the amps n' monitors ahahah............confirm money-losing show even with sponsorship!!!!

dddoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......................................

if sunn 0))) were to come down, i wanna watch Earth first. get the vibes from pioneer. ha.

edder, u dun bedek, u like mono cos u stare tamaki jump down from the stage rite?!

it'll be cool if Kittywu is able to bring down Mono again, to tour on Hymn To The Immortal Wind.

We'll see.... if we have the money and the budget to host them again. Not exactly cheap organising shows. :p

Anyway, Taka sent us an email with some pictures and videos of their anniversary shows in NYC together with a 28 piece orchestra. Enjoy!

Hope you are doing wonderfully!
We have finished orchestra shows in NY.
It was really amazing. Here is a link of photos. Please check them.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1000646636&blogId=488421013

Also some movies:
http://www.seattleshowgal.com/mono/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABtwRXVI00&feature=related

We just wanted to share with our special family and friends about this.

Mono "Hymn To The Immortal Wind" Malaysia Tour
30th Jan 2010

Organized by Soundscape Records, details to be announced soon.

Back