MONO playing in Zouk SG + KL, July 3rd + 5th

dir

LATEST UPDATE!!!

Through special arrangement with Zouk Singapore, under 18s WILL BE allowed special entry for the Singapore gig (Strictly no alcohol will be sold to under 18s though). ID checks will still be conducted at the door so don't forget to bring your IDs!

for KL show: Soundscape Records Presents: MONO LIVE IN MALAYSIA, 5 JULY 2008
for SG show: Untitled Document

Great trailer video up at the soundscape website, I think it's a compilation of bits from their live dvd "The Sky Remains the Same As Ever".

MONO (Japan)
Live in Singapore
8pm, Zouk Club (Doors open at 7.30pm)
With I Am David Sparkle

Early-bird (presale ends 28th June):
SGD $65 (options to deliver by registered mail or pick up at venue)

After 28th June & at the door:
SGD $75 (Pick up at venue only)

Tickets go on sale 2nd June.
Buy online at KittyWu Records website (Paypal or Credit Card, system goes live on 2 Jun)
or get it the ol' fashioned way, over the counter, at Straits Records on Bali Lane.

ws43dt.jpg

merch_02.gif

msbs48.gif

Since no one wants to post it here, I'll just have to, since I can't contain my excitement any longer!

Yes, it is true. Soundscapes, the good people who brought you Explosions In The Sky Live In KL back in February, will bring in Mono, the Japanese post-rockers who share the same label as the guys from EITS to KL on 5 July. The gig might be part of a post-rock fest with bands from KL and Singapore playing as well. Stay tuned because you know we'll give you more info as soon as we get it. Here's a clip of the band playing some music:

Mono Live In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 5 July 2008 | JunkOnline.net

So, who's going? I definitely have to catch this, since I missed Explosions in the Sky last time they were in KL... :(

Last edited:
i'll have to bring some extra cash to grab some t-shirts. They're so hard to get a hold of. Anyway I hope they play com? and Kidnapper's Bell! Also if anyone has seen their live dvd, their performance of 'moonlight' was so phenomenal, it actually drove some people to tears. wah, can't wait man!

got 2 friends who caught them at different venue when they playing uk/europe last year, it blew them away and from the way they describe, iam really looking forward to this july

heh, explosions dudes were wearing their tees on stage when they played kl

I brought extras when explosions was in kl, but the merch stuff selling is only their "all of a sudden, i missed everyone" album, definitely hope with mono, theres more stuff

how was the eits set? and how was the venue acoustics and crowd? wasn't it at ruums club? I wonder where this gig is going to be held..
also did eits bring their own amps?

yup, at ruums, its a club venue, with 2nd floor balcony kinda. The sound that night was ok, but i was hopping it cud be louder. Eits is like emo dudes on stage with the energy they played and the strength of hitting the geetar at certain climax parts, i wouldn't want to be their instrument
icon10.gif

other then their guitar and pedal stuff, i think the amps are from the shops in KL. Saw a truck outside the venue that night, belonging to one of the music shop there. Cud be for the pa, soundboard or amps stuff i guess.

hi peeps,

this one is for spore fans, mono will be heading down to your country as well, show will be organised by kittywu records.

hi peeps,

this one is for spore fans, mono will be heading down to your country as well, show will be organised by kittywu records.

holy shit, I can catch them twice now?
that's freaking awesome, may cthulhu bless your souls and firstborn children, kittywu records!

it'll be great if they do come. i was actually thinking of going up to catch them. for i missed EITS due to exams.

Guess the news found its way thru the grapevine before we made it official. :)

Yes, go for both shows!

MONO in Singapore
3rd July
Venue and ticketing to be confirmed.

news and updates as and when we sort them out.

www.kittywurecords.com

Mono, four wiry thirtysomethings from Japan, have established themselves as masters of a long-form instrumental rock familiar to most - not just post-rock connoisseurs, but frankly anyone who's ever heard a Mogwai or Sonic Youth record. But even if there isn't much novelty in their formula of rising and falling tension, they've always stood apart from the crowd thanks to two things: volume and conviction. Whereas many like-minded groups tend to pile on layers of sound by rote, Mono play with startling expression and feeling - and they also play really, really loud.

YouTube - ?Live? Mono - Yearning
YouTube - MONO - Halcyon (Beautiful Days)

emo power....but i am going for this!!! anything Jap is forgiven!!!!

hope i don't cry and wet myself during the show........then i'll be emo yaargh

Edder: Yes it will be standing. Yes will be bringing in merch, maybe some vinyl too!

AgingYouth bro: hahaha thanks dude! Portishead, Kraftwerk! My Morning Jacket! The National! Battles! woot!

To Halcyon and beyond!

man I'm so psyched. now if only gybe could reunite and head to Singapore, that'd make my year. but this is good enough already!

Back