Mixed Martial Art

Whoa...
good to see fans of the sport.

If you guys wanna hook up for some fitness MMMA style, holler.

I'm a Belfort fan, having the first hand experienced of sweating it out witwith the boys of Vale Tudo& even though im almost 40 now, the fire still burns.

I've been wanting to join a muay thai class actually, well actually my school's one, but there were some problems. Where is your gym man?

Yeah, if you're from there then you probably don't really look up the CCAs do you? Cause it's on the webby along with all the other CCAs.

I've been wanting to join a muay thai class actually, well actually my school's one, but there were some problems. Where is your gym man?

Hey brutha, sorry for the tardy reply.

My last gym was Ricardinho Vieira's Brasa Gym in Copacabana, Brasil. I was born here ( Singers ) but grew up mostly abroad due to my ( late ) dad's work commimtents. Got to see unique parts of the world like Rio etc. Been doing MMA wow.. since I was still in grammar school. Seen some UFC events but nothing beats the lesser-knowns promotions for real as real gets.

Just got back for a short break till I leave again sometime in Feb ( I'm in the MMA industry ).

Maybe we could hook up? I would love to check out local gyms especially school based ones.

Ermm.. i studied still O Levels only.. :) though its nice to know that local institutions are getting in on the action as well!

SMU has muay thai too. Not sure bout NUS or NTU, should be on their websites though. And totally no idea bout JCs/Poly/ITE...

bro kimura, I have no experience in MMA whatsoever besides watching it. If you want to contact SIM's muay thai head, you can go to the website at www.sim.edu.sg and ask the helpdesk there. I don't know him too well, as I didn't join due to some blunder on the club's side.

SMU has muay thai too. Not sure bout NUS or NTU, should be on their websites though. And totally no idea bout JCs/Poly/ITE...

bro kimura, I have no experience in MMA whatsoever besides watching it. If you want to contact SIM's muay thai head, you can go to the website at www.sim.edu.sg and ask the helpdesk there. I don't know him too well, as I didn't join due to some blunder on the club's side.

Appreciate the link brutha. Faber vs Pulver at WEC34 was one heck of a fight, Sanchez vs Guida ( TUF USA vs UK Finale ) tanks pretyy high up there too.

To those who intend to give the sport a try, I strongly suggest getting a solid ground game eg BJJ etc cos most fights end up on the ground. Not every fight is like the now legendary Bonnar vs Griffin TUF1 Finale.

I can't wait for UFC111... It's going to be epic, Shane Carwin vs Frank Mir for the interim UFC HW title. I really hope Carwin wins this and show that he's not just a 1-0 fighter as Brock says he is. But Frank Mir has really improved as seen in the Cheick Kongo bout. So I predict Mir will win this one. And not forgetting GSP vs Dan The Outlaw Hardy. GSP's pretty much going to win this, no doubt in my mind, Hardy's going down.

Holy shit did you guys see 108[SPOILER AHEAD], I think Thiago Silva was pretty genius in the 3rd round, although I cussed him real bad when he failed to finish the match.

Hey guys, the MMA gym that i train in is holding a roadshow from the 18th to the 22nd of January from 12pm to 3pm outside OUB Centre at Raffles Place MRT. There'll be live demonstrations by Muay Thai and BJJ World Champions and there'll be goodies bags and prizes given out. So do check it out!

Hey guys, the MMA gym that i train in is holding a roadshow from the 18th to the 22nd of January from 12pm to 3pm outside OUB Centre at Raffles Place MRT. There'll be live demonstrations by Muay Thai and BJJ World Champions and there'll be goodies bags and prizes given out. So do check it out!

Might check it out!

Sprawling is a favorite drill of mine, you do that a few sets, you'll feel the burn.

I'm gonna check the roadshow out for sure, good to find out about the MMA scene here etc.

wow, wow all I can say is wow, today straits time in sports section they do a full coverage of MMA! This has never happened in my 21 years of reading that old paper, this is more surprising than finding a snake in a 25th storey floor. I must say ever since the manny cotto bout, fight arts has never been the same again in Singapore, all I can say is I hope this keeps going and I can finally see a full page coverage of my fav fighter in local newspaper soon, the last emperor!

Back