MARTY FRIEDMAN Signature Ibanez!

Yes I've tried Jcustoms, everything from the first batch of the JCs.

I bought an RGART and RGARCH for a fellow Jemsiter back around 7 years ago when the first line of JCs were introduced outside of the US market.

They're nice guitars, however marketed currently with that whole custom shop feel, with the intention of breaking into the Tom Anderson Drop Top, Suhr Standard market. They got list prices to match too.

And yes I've seen quality slips on these models too.

LimpPissket, I'm totally cool with outsourcing, but I feel that consumers should know what they are buying into. Especially when it comes to something like a guitar. I'm a big fan of nike, I have 8 pairs of Dunk SBs. As for what you said about Frank, Scott and Reb, I assure you if you did your research you'd be very surprised, their respective ibanez models were key selling points for the company in the 80s; and that legacy continues with Reb's and Scott's Suhr models.

I understand how you guys feel about my so-called "Dissing" of the brand. Trust me I felt the same way when I first heard this kind of info spewing across the internet. I'm not here to diss anything, I'm just here to inform. I own 3 ibanez guitars, I will never sell them, or substitute them for anything else. More than anything I would like to see Ibanez take consumers seriously and put some damn effort into quality control.

Shredcow I haven't tried out the mod yet, last time I went down to davis they told me they sold the trem arm alone, no holder included. But then again you probably have to educate the staff on the stuff they sell. The guy there told me a certain SD Humbucker sucks cuz the output rating was low.

SoulJah said:
Shredcow I haven't tried out the mod yet, last time I went down to davis they told me they sold the trem arm alone, no holder included. But then again you probably have to educate the staff on the stuff they sell. The guy there told me a certain SD Humbucker sucks cuz the output rating was low.

Hahaha! Thats kind of silly... hmmm.... try asking for the Schaller FR arm assembly. A couple of SOFTies have had it installed, pooo, satch and edo83. And they all got the arm from Davis, pooo being the most recent, a couple days back.

Heh... abt humbuckers, they once wired my Dimarzio Breed neck out of phase with itself. Apparently they followed the SD wiring colour code and told me the pup was spolit. :)

ShredCow said:
Heh... abt humbuckers, they once wired my Dimarzio Breed neck out of phase with itself. Apparently they followed the SD wiring colour code and told me the pup was spolit. :)

So much for their expertise ;)

Yep, Souljah. Try asking them for the floyd arm assembly, if all else fails....tell them it's the 20 bucks in a packet kind. Best to speak to Janet or Joe about it :wink:

It's tight. Unlike the edge arms which tend to get loose and flabby, making trem work difficult, this one's really tight. Much better control of the trem in general.

SoulJah said:
Yes I dare say it sloppy quality control..

that's quite a claim there- binding coming off the neck, steep vibrato angles, etc. vibrato height, string action- these aren't production anomalies, it's a part of set-up. i've just visited the store to specifically locate an ibanez with paint drips on them- i can't find any. i'm not ruling out the absence of a bad Ibanez though, there are such units out there, but there are bad Gibsons/ Fenders/ Jacksons/ Etc as well.

Henderson, Gambale & Beach did not part ways with Ibanez due to quality issues, do note.

You sure about Gambale's case?

I think he explained that very well when he was in Singapore to do his clinic years back.

I'm not that much of an authority on quality issues I merely experience them and tell them like it it is.

But if you want more info on this, or perhaps more convincing, you should do a search on jemsite forums. Being a member there since the site started I've witnessed many many issues regarding quality control.

Regarding setup, yes I would say it's not an anomaly, but I wouldn't expect anything less than an acceptable setup when I'm putting more than a grand on a guitar. These are my standards I'm not sure what are your's though. Fret end finishing is not a difficult process to do, even a player without luthiery experience can accomplish it with some practice. If a big brand company cannot even be bothered to do a proper job and expect to charge people such high prices, I think that goes a long way in stating their principles regrading quality.

Pick up a gibson, fender, eb/mm, brian moore, epiphone, I don't see the same problems plauging these brands.

Pick up a gibson, fender, eb/mm, brian moore, epiphone, I don't see the same problems plauging these brands.

I just lost all respect for you....maybe you should spend time on their forums:

Gibson...fret fillers...incorrect historic models

Fender...trem bar won't fit new EJ model

EB/MM...neck joint stress cracks

Reality is these are all money grabbing companies out to make the cheapest product for the most money. All have good and bad products.

Also blame the dealer for most of the setup problems. If only they spend 20minutes on a guitar before putting it on the rack 90% would be playable.

Wow….this is a holy war…

Fro Ibanez:)

Yeah…if you go to Gibson and guitars forums, a lot of people complaint about Gibson qualities. Even worse because they are more expensive than Ibanez.

SoulJah said:
You sure about Gambale's case?

I think he explained that very well when he was in Singapore to do his clinic years back.

i was at that clinic.

it was clear that Gambale wanted to move away from the S-series based guitar, he wanted to have something ground-up & not based on a model that is already offered by the Ibanez catalogues. this Ibanez cannot give & he duly parted ways with them. if you notice, this has been the Ibanez philosophy- endorsers make do with an already established model, to have totally something new is unacceptable to them. marty friedman's current signature guitar is proof enough- it's SZ based...

SoulJah said:
But if you want more info on this, or perhaps more convincing, you should do a search on jemsite forums. Being a member there since the site started I've witnessed many many issues regarding quality control.

there are other SOFTies here who are members of that forum too, we are glad to be exposed to issues petaining to the Ibanez brand name per se there, however, the discussion there isn't 100% authoritative.

xklusivly4u said:
Wow….this is a holy war

if i'm an unknowing participant of this war, then it's time for me to exclude my involvements. i deem the discussions here as perceptual engagements, nothing more. no use rallying for a brand name when they don't give you guitars for free... i don't just embrace Ibanez guitars, i own other brands as well.

hey bro- i've nothing against you though, everyone here are friends, we tend to be swayed by our beliefs at times, but that shouldn't be the basis of our final character reference... :wink:

subversion said:
xklusivly4u said:
Wow….this is a holy war

if i'm an unknowing participant of this war, then it's time for me to exclude my involvements. i deem the discussions here as perceptual engagements, nothing more. no use rallying for a brand name when they don't give you guitars for free... i don't just embrace Ibanez guitars, i own other brands as well.

hey bro- i've nothing against you though, everyone here are friends, we tend to be swayed by our beliefs at times, but that shouldn't be the basis of our final character reference... :wink:

it was a joke. take it eary mate:)

hell man it was terrible just reading through these 4 pages. basically i will say that Soul, maybe you should get out there and start looking closer at the Epiphones and Gibsons. They are definitely much worse in QC.

And yes, i think you are biased. Did some Ibanez fan steal your gerfren or something?

Latest posts

Back