Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Miguel Veloso is another DM. Never see him in action though. I'd rather have his teammate Joao Moutinho.An attacking midfelder.Fills in nicely behind the forward ala Van Der Vaart/Sneijder.

Same here! Creativity is what we need. DM is taken by Fletcher who is performing his duties very very admirably. Come to think about it, I really think we could have a chance if he didn't get banned against Barca in last years Champs League, but then again, its over, no use asking about the IFs..

i think centre mid is the least of our worries. We've got fletch gibson carrick anderson possebon in that position alr. I would really be looking forward to the return of hargreaves to add more spark in our engine room.

as much as i like to have some creative centre mid, i think its not needed. Cuz man utd system have always been attack from the flanks, n we seldom break from the middle. We are never gg to play attractive passing football like arsenal thru the middle, so it would be redundant to have a playmaker... remember veron?

We need good distributors n holders of the ball, someone in the mold of alonso or xavi. Scholes is still the benchmark for intelligence n usage of ball, but he have only 1 yr left maybe. Carrick is consistent but does not have any ability to raise his game when the team needs that extra spark. Fletch is improving alot, n experience will only help him, just needs to improve his passes. anderson burns hot cold. possebon is really classy, but may be too slow n soft for epl.

i think we really need to rebuild our defence.

I think Carrick has the same mold as Alonso. Anderson should play more upfront.Give him the freedom to roam like Steven Gerrard does. I think he will deliver.

Gibson and Possebon should play more games. Can't wait for Hargreaves to be back in action.

Yeah, gotta agree. Man Utd needs to beef up the defence department. Giorgio Chiellini from Juventus, Davide Stanton a youngster from Inter Milan, hardman Johnny Heitinga(Everton), oh yeah, Ryan Shawcross!!!

and we need new goalie.seriously. A proven and quality goalie.Van der Sar's gonna retire soon.

Big names=big money. With Man U's debt situation, i find it unlikely that they will buy big. More bad news is that Palermo's Simon Kjaer, who's a young exciting talent, has snubbed Man U for LIVERPOOL(!!!!!!!!). Heitinga's probably the safest bet in terms of money. I doubt Shawcross will leave Stoke, don't forget he was discarded by Man U in the first place.

I wld take alonso over carrick any time... He is more influential n passes better, his vision is also excellent n his decision making better than carrick as well, not forgetting that he can shoot from far. U can see how much liverpool misses him.

Simon Kjaer's career will go down in flames like many who went to liverpool. They r like a graveyard of very promising talents. He would do better in teams like everton or villa or fulham.

We need a gd centre back that can make ferdinand work his socks off n buck up... that guy getting v complacent n always make school boy errors.

Well we already secured the services of Chris Smalling from Fulham.No point getting another centre back at this point.Plus no one in the centre-half position is gonna retire soon anyways.

I say we need players to replace Giggs and Scholes.Veloso is good.He plays quite high up at Lisbon considering a DM.Other players United can consider are Adrien and Joao Moutinho.

For the wings,Yannick Djalo and there are whispers that United are targeting Argentine hot prospect Angel Di Maria from Benfica.

To me, we need to find someone to replace the pathetic talent that is Diouf.

Watching how he played against wolves, I wanted to smack his head.

Well I somehow have a feeling that he's gonna be the next Manucho.They should get a youngster who is in the mould of Rooney.Bulldozing through the opposition's defence.

there is this Portuguese centre mid with alot of tattoos n is bald, whats his name? He is gd, or we can also look at lucho gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzales is coming of age.Im still waiting to see if United is gonna bid on Ben-Arfa.

I don't see why not. Once Giggsy retires there's no true left winger in the Man U team. Di Maria's the one to fill that. He's a player in the same mould. Only he's gonna cost 35m.

instant hits are rare these days.

give them time.if we are gonna judge whether a player should stay only after 4-6 games.jialat.

the great dane wasn't an instant hit but now we know where he stands in utd history.

D fletcher,when he first started out and tip to be like becks..many people call for his head after only some games...but now look where he is.

diouf,nani,anderson and many deserves the support.its a pity la how we are so quick to judge.

Somehow im only doubting Diouf's ability.Somehow I feel we should keep Nani and just loan him out to a big club in a foreign country.I believe United are still affiliated to Antwerp?

If not then loan him to Fluminense.

yea but i tot antwerp was where the youth were sent?Nani loan out,i doubt he would want that plus his better off at utd.i think slowly.he could be amazing.

anderson and owen out. and utd top .season really has taken a turn...hopefully for the better!

think the world cup is gg to jack up some player's prices even more, thats if they have a gd campaign. Di Maria is a superb crosser of the ball, he is also fast n direct, n has scored a few goals this season as well. Btw, im a benfica fan ever since aimar went over, n he has linked up well with his old partner saviola once again.

Nani i think has been given enough time already, n he just isnt gd enough. We need a player that is consistently regular, not turn up only for 5 games a season n back as a sub. Irwin is a fine example.

pienaar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back