Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Foster needs more first team football to be a better keeper. But with Van the man still around, I don't see how that can happen.

Oh and yes, Taibi was a tragedy for United.

I think foster just made that stupid mistake in the game. BUT, i felt he did not really let it ruin his game, and that the goals agst him were really not his fault. The screamer by bellamy was out of this world, n ferdinand shld be blamed for the other goal. So, i glad he is not like reina who loses his game after 1 goal.

I think Foster is the best keeper we had coming through for years, lets not write him off but encourage him to raise his game. I can see him being top 4 in the premier league in yrs to come.

i think given played a great game overall, but the score doesnt do his performance justice. Blackburn wasnt a top team the past 5 seasons, but they had a very gd keeper then, so scoreline doesnt mean a keeper is gd or not.

A Giggs inspired win over Stoke yesterday. :p Sir Alex must source for a replacement for Giggs soon. I'm not impressed by the way the Portuguese Pretender played and he is definitely incapable of replacing Giggs.

i think nani just needs more regular first team plays. though he didn't impress much yesterday, there are times where he works his magic to score wonder goals and set up some.

Nani didn't play so well, that I agree. But the fact is that he has definitely, got some flair and talent in him. Anyone remember his showboating at Arsenal last season?

If he can do that, thats good, but he needs to keep it in control, and use it to his advantage like what C.Ronaldo has done.

When he does that, and matures, he will indubitably, become a class player as well.

Anyway.. over the past few games, i feel that Man Utd has lost abit of our touch.. altho we sit atop the table after a good run so far. we give away the ball far too easily...

And we seem to have lost our quick counter attacks too. Those were brilliant, but against Stoke, I don't think i saw many of that..

Last edited:
Nani didn't play so well, that I agree. But the fact is that he has definitely, got some flair and talent in him. Anyone remember his showboating at Arsenal last season?

If he can do that, thats good, but he needs to keep it in control, and use it to his advantage like what C.Ronaldo has done.

When he does that, and matures, he will indubitably, become a class player as well.

Anyway.. over the past few games, i feel that Man Utd has lost abit of our touch.. altho we sit atop the table after a good run so far. we give away the ball far too easily...

And we seem to have lost our quick counter attacks too. Those were brilliant, but against Stoke, I don't think i saw many of that..

+1. I totally agree with you. Nani is a class player and it is just a matter of time before he excels.

+1. I totally agree with you. Nani is a class player and it is just a matter of time before he excels.

ptttttt...

3 seasons at man utd. i really expect him to learn and improve at a much better rate, considering he has experienced team mates like ryan giggs to learn from.

his decision making is horrendous when he arrived at old trafford, against stoke i saw that same nani with that horrendous decision making. notice when he gets the ball at the flank, he always seems threatening, but he nvr gets a good end result because he cant make up his mind whether to pass, cross or simply attack the player.

he has improved in many aspects of his game but, he really really really needs to make good decisions. rooney, the most unselfish player in the team suffered because of his teammates selfishness. i'm pinpointing nani and valencia. :rolleyes:

nani and valencia have to up their game because man utd are a counter attacking team and these 2 are the players who are fast and quick on the ball. it used to be ronaldo leading the fast breaks someone needs to step up.

exactly, no one is disputing how gd nani is technical and skillwise. In fact we all agree that he has alot of potential, but those r the reasons that make us more fed up when he showboats and play for himself. His decision making is really screwed up, most times he only passes when really no choice, n its like half pass six type.

someone said he will get better over time, but after 3 seasons, he still looks like the same player, n time is definitely not on his side in this team.

like one coach said b4, i dun need joe cole to show me how gd he is, we all noe he is gd skillwise. These players have to perform in the game

Good game by Man Utd on Sat ( though I couldn't really watch much of it :( )

Giggsy is a living legend. And unselfish too.

So glad that Berba got his goal. He had been denied so many times against Man Shitty.

GIGGS- never overlook the old horse for it has run more miles... :cool:

Ryan_Giggs_Getty_482349304.jpg

Good game by Man Utd on Sat ( though I couldn't really watch much of it :( )

Giggsy is a living legend. And unselfish too.

So glad that Berba got his goal. He had been denied so many times against Man Shitty.

Hey LH,

Where have you been all this while? :p

RYAN - Heya! I've been away on vacation! Did you catch the Man Utd game at the Marquee on Sat? Or just at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back