Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
who'd have thought that flecther would score two? haha.

brilliant match, but United are still aeons from their best..

Excellent play by Ryan Giggs. 3 assists from the everlasting wizard. Simply the best! :p

This is the best Manchester derby imo. Thrilling match.

92nd min: (ref) ok manure...i'll give u 2 more min
94th min: (ref) knn manure, faster score leh, else too obvious liao
95th min: (ref) ok u manure finally scored!
97th min: (ref) enuf celebration? *blows whistle*

wat a game. My fren was there for it, n i told him he got more than he paid for.

I felt berba was super unlucky, if it was another game then he may have scored them all. He was better than rooney in the 2nd half, and i felt he is getting more involved in the game. But given was sharp, n i hate it when keepers play this well agst us. Remember friedel, gosh he was impossible to play agst at times.

flecther played well too, not just for the goals but overall played well. Rooney needs to work more on his final passes into the box, then he will be world class but i guess our expectations on him arent fair at all.

park was missing. But im happy foster made those mistakes, cuz all keepers will do it at some pt in their career, n it better to learn it early in the season than at the end when every pts matters. Ferdinand was the main culprit, how he gave the ball away was stupid. You dun expect an england international n team vice captain to commit it in the dying minutes, never in a million yrs!!! N im not even gg to talk abt how he just allow tevez to run pass him for barry's goal.

We made it difficult for ourselves, but was a great match to watch...

Well its all down to City for time wasting.When Rooney took the freekick near the halfway line I thought it was over.But I was proven wrong once again with that last minute clincher by Owen.

One of the greatest Derbies.Those London clubs should learn a couple of things from us.

foster still has till the winter transfer to start getting his game back together.fergie won't be pleased with the mistake he made.

He's too one footed.Look at VDS.He can kick the ball with both feet.Thats what makes the difference.

Plus having gone on-loan to a small club Im afraid he's too stuck with the small club mentality and not able to rise to the occasion.

^ spot on.

He's still a lil' shaky. Needs more confidence. He's good, but needs to be more stable. You can see his face, super awkward when he stumbled.

His thoughts were prolly "oh crap, this is a good player, how how how! just chiong la" and voom. mistake made.

he's getting better, but still not good enough.

i think lets give him a bit more time lah.. i think he needs more time to adjust from that small club mentality. he had pretty solid performances in previous games. needs to work on his consistancy.

anyone else thinks fletcher is blooming into a world class player?

anyone else thinks fletcher is blooming into a world class player?

Who doesnt?With such performances I can see him as a permanent figure at the disposal of Carrick.

Watching the game,I was furious with Anderson's passing.He gave the ball away too occasionally.

well, i know a few man utd fans who really look down on fletcher despite his performances. its just plain biasness.

anyway i'm a big fan of michael carrick but i'm extremely disappointed with the way he's playing this season. anderson has his up and downs, it seems like no one other than fletcher seems to want to step up and replace paul scholes and giggs.

well, i know a few man utd fans who really look down on fletcher despite his performances. its just plain biasness.

anyway i'm a big fan of michael carrick but i'm extremely disappointed with the way he's playing this season. anderson has his up and downs, it seems like no one other than fletcher seems to want to step up and replace paul scholes and giggs.

Well I for one am guilty of that, but the bias against him is slowly but surely wearing away. I honestly don't think he's there to replace either scholes or giggs, maybe the hole left by roy keane ever since he left. Fletcher does do a lot of the dirty work in the midfield.

I thought Giggs was absolutely world class in the man city match! Which happens to be one of the best football matches I've ever seen

I honestly don't think he's there to replace either scholes or giggs, maybe the hole left by roy keane ever since he left. Fletcher does do a lot of the dirty work in the midfield.

me neither. i see fletcher as a light weight, less angry roy keane. however, roy keane was an exceptional passer too. which isnt darren fletchers niche.

i thought anderson had a pretty decent game. he was trying to play the ball behind the defenders though sometimes he hits it too hard.

giggs was without a doubt on fire against man city. the way he dribbled past micah richards made richards look bad.

Does anyone here miss Cristiano Ronaldo? Although Manu have gotten off to a pretty good start, and have already won against teams like Arsenal, Spurs and Man City, I still don't feel they possess the same potent threat they did when they had Ronaldo, especially with their trademark lightning quick counter-attacks, which aren't so lightning quick now.

Or maybe it's just my fanboyism screaming out

we miss his speed and flair and everything.. thats true. we'll see as the season goes on how we cope without him. so far, everything looks pretty good now, with rooney scoring regularly and we are not having problems finding the net.

i dont really like it when ronaldo's departure is mentioned cos i got quite sore abt it. especially since he's on a crazy scoring streak at real. currently 6 goals in 4 games. 1 even when he came on as a substitute.

I have to admit that im biased agst fletch. In the past, he wasnt just up to mark. This season tho, u have to hand it to him for his performance n passion. BUT, he is no world class player n will never be, but effective team player he definitely can be. I just hope he builds his game with a bit more brains, then he will cement his place this season.

Ando was to eager to always give the killer pass, likewise fletch's passes are only always forward. Keane n scholes knew when to pass forward, when to hold it n when to spread it wide... This comes with experience only. I liking wat i see abt fletcher so far, but i guess it best for him to focus on wat type of midfielder he wants to be, dun get stereotyped as a versatile player.

carrick has an uphill task now, n with darren gibson looking very promising as well as possebon, i think he hopes he will still be in the england team man

Well I guess those of you are biased towards Fletcher was because he played off position.Fergie deployed him on the right in replacement to Beckham and that was the time Ronaldo was still developing.

Anderson?I think he is played off position too.He is more of an attacking player.Look at the position he played for Gremio and Porto.He was the link between the midfield and the forwards.Sometimes played on the left too.

Carrick is still my favourite midfielder.I hope he bucks up soon.Dont wanna see him make a move away from Old Trafford.

i still dont think we're missing ronaldo all that much, given that our last few matches were against big clubs like aresenal, tottenham and man city. to me, ronaldo hardly shone when playing against such clubs, where as this season, we won all 3 of those matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back