Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Robben was a target since his PSV days.But he snubbed United for Chelsea cause they were the hottest team in England at that moment.

To tell you the truth,Obertan is some what a very Henry-ish player.The way he runs and dribbles into the box.

Ai yah. Well, good for Robben lah then.

But since Fergie is seemingly confident of his current squad + his latest signings, I guess we United fans should place our faith in them too. :)

Don't know much about Obertan. Heard that he has a lot of potential though.

It's going to be a boring weekend without BPL. *Sigh*
:(

i wonder how possebon is developing in portugal. I rate him highly as he has gd touches n composure on the ball, he can pass well to n is pretty strong tho skinny. BUT, i think he plays 1 gear slower than the normal english game, but so does alonso. I think he and gibson are very promising and may take over scholes. Carrick n Fletch just doesnt convince me enough...

Fletch has improved n credit to him for his effort, but sometime i feel running ard like a mad dog isnt the best thing to do. The english likes this way of playing, as it shows that u got heart. But, i feel u actually are leaving a big hole when u leave ur post, n make the other guy look bad. ie, carrick looked lost agst arsenal but then i wont blame him when ur partner is all over the place n u have to cover the centre ALONE, most of the time u are second guessing wat he is doing.

Man Utd have build their play all the while on a nice flat 2 centre mid, n one sits when the other attacks. Keane n scholes partnership was like that, n now when scholes n carrick play, its also like that. The key is to maintain the shape.

Fletch is v hard working, but he gives the ball away too many times, n his passes r only 1 way, thats forward. Need to learn to play with his head as much as his heart.

I am impressed with Fletcher this season. I thought he has been playing well for us. I think another player that runs everywhere on the field is Park. He's useful in that sense.

I can't wait for Rooney to hit maximum potential. He's all fired up already this season & the season's only just begun.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the best of Berba.

I believe players like O'shea and Evans have to be given more credit for their contributions.Fletcher is great and he can still turn into a World-Class midfielder.Possebon is thought to be the next Scholes.In a sense he really is.I rate him higher than Anderson.

yeah i too rate him higher than anderson. Ando was really lucky that ppl always remember him for his gd games, like agst arsenal where he walk over cesc n agst liverpool where he held off gerrard. But other than that, i feel he hasnt shown what we know he is capable of

Some people arealready writting off United's chances tonight.What are you thoughts?

In my eyes i believe Spurs can only dig out a draw from United.It'll be a match full of controvery as usual.London clubs tend to have so much in them.

1-0 win for me. rooney to win it..

considering my arsenal prediction was correct, hmm.. who knows. :mrgreen:

other predictions?

I've been proven wrong.United played as if they were the team with a man advantage.Another stellar performance by them.

i thought berbatov played very well the first half. rooney was quiet the first half, but the moment he got his chance, BAM! that's 5 goals in 5 games

Yeah i tot berba had a great game, but still played a little out of position at times. Cuz both he n rooney likes to drop deep to collect the ball, n neither r out n out strikers who is waiting to pounce on a run. I wld prefer that, cuz most times either get the ball, there is no one up there to pass to.

great game, n all great goals.

Felt the substitution was abit funny, i wld take giggs off instead n move rooney to the left, n berba to hold the ball upfront. The way spurs players were gg at him, i tot we cld get more free kicks.

Also bad performance from the ref. If he had been consistent then palacios wld have been sent off too in the first half. I can understand why he sent scholes off without the help of TV replays, that looked like a really bad challenge n some gd acting from huddlestone. spurs keeper had a gd game too

Rooney's da man!! He was just freakin brilliant...We totally did not play like a team with 10 men. And Scholesy, Scholesy. Why he still does these things I'll never know. :rolleyes: Becoz he got sent off, the rest of his mates had to double up to compensate his loss.

So, to sum up,

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

i think its MIO's now.

ah..bummer now that epl is on starhub and cl on mio..its super costly to watch both.

european nights no more on starhub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back