Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its too early to decide whether Ronaldo is gonna be missed or not but one things for sure he is the best player to make a jump from BPL to La Liga and still performance at his best.

Does anyone here thinks that he's taking a step down in terms of league difficulty?Cause he seems to be having a great time at Real.

^

at least he doesn't talk shit after leaving the club.haha. so that i'll give it to him.

his come a long way from the 12.5mil pound 18 year old skinny dude from portugal with a blonde streaks hangings of his fringe and high ankle tapes. IMO,i do miss tat attacking edge he gave us and strike fear to the opponents.

i do wish him all the best. he left utd amicably unlike someone.haha. though, i still wish he didn't left. Like becks,but we all have to get over that he has left.

I would rather image how long he can last at Real with previous stars looking for the exit after 2 to 3 years of trophy-less seasons.

^

at the moment,real do look to be in top gear.

well,whther it will in 8-9 months, we won't know till then.heck,even in 2-3 years time.haha

but its pretty scary,a injured giant now ready to take back what they lost over the seasons.CL and all that.

benzema,kaka,ronaldo and all the other stars.

but yea,if they were to go few seasons trophy-less,big names would be crying for a transfer.faithful players like raul rarely exist.

haha...we digress from the purpose of this thread. UNITED!!!!

now that man city,arse out( we'll have to face them again soon)....bring on them scousers and blues.and burnley again!! haha

Foster is making some very costly mistakes.

So is Ferdinand, one of England's top defenders at the moment.

Fletch is doing superbly for Utd. I applaud all his efforts.

Rooney is still on fire.

Owen proved during the Derby match that he still has magic left in him, or rather his legs.

And finally, we'll be seeing the much-awaited return of Hargreaves, my poor injury-riddled friend.

He's exactly the kind of player we're missing & in need of right now.

im in fact very happy that ronaldo is not around. I prefer football built around a team rather than it built ard a player. I like to watch teams like everton n fulham.

In fact, i believe that his departure has paved the way for players like fletcher to comes around. Even nani's performance so far has been better than before.

Man Utd has never been much of a one man team, except when only Cantona was left in 95/96 season but that was no choice. I guess the team last few season was abit over reliant on ronaldo, n they pretty much gave him the ball n just relac. But i like it this season when u see the players wanting to force their way in.

Besides ronaldo hardly performs agst big teams, he only punishes those mid n bottom table ones.

Chelsea shld be our nearest rivals, n our weakness may be not having a out n out natural striker who features regularly, a 20 goals a season man. Also ferdinand seems to be making his school boy errors again

Oh yeah and also i didn't know this but if you're a starhub mobile post-paid subscriber, u can watch the Football Channel & Goal TV 1 & 2 on your handphone for free till 31st Oct.

Oh yeah and also i didn't know this but if you're a starhub mobile post-paid subscriber, u can watch the Football Channel & Goal TV 1 & 2 on your handphone for free till 31st Oct.

yeah it free for now.

BUT

The connection speed kinda lags when the live matches are on during the weekends. On other days, they are fine. perfect viewing with minimal lag and buffer.

I'm not sure how are they charging subscribers to this when there is so much lag on live match days.

Maybe its just my phone...
anyone got any luck with flawless streaming on live match days?

Junkieman: I've yet to watch a live game via my handphone but i'm going to soon so I was just wondering how bad exactly the lag is? Really that bad?

Nothing beats an old television.

If anyone thinks Ferdinand was woeful.Check out his brother.Trying too hard to be Rio.

Foster is making some very costly mistakes.

do we agree with the media that Foster accounts for majority of the team's down performances?

ben-foster_75001t.jpg

do we agree with the media that Foster accounts for majority of the team's down performances?

Hmm...I think yes, to a certain extent he does account for a pretty big portion of the team's poor performances. But some of our other more experienced players are also getting it wrong. It's just United have been severely punished by most of Foster's mistakes.

But all these costly mistakes that we're making now, it's good, coz Fergie can then have them rectified ASAP.

That 95th Owen goal really saved our butts. Although I'm pretty sure it didn't mean that neither Ferdinand nor Foster had less harsh scoldings from Fergie.

We'll do better in our next game against Stoke, I'm sure.

i won't say majority. in some cases like teh city game. he could and should have done better.

but then again, his playing for utd this season for real,maybe his feeling the real pressure this time,maybe give him some time.though,i'm not too sure whther time is on our side or maybe even on his side.fergie,nvr famous for being patient.

utd havent really done bad...maybe the 4-3 game made the defence really look bad.a one off game i guess and i hope.

i just hope foster is given a chance,he is capable!!

if i'm not wrong ,the great dane too had his bad spell at first till he started peaking.

aren;t the media a bunch of quacks always very quick to nail someone down as soon as a bad game comes.

the media are just trouble

Last edited:
honestly, i dont think foster has been all that bad. he did have a couple of good saves in the past few games.

i feel that the lack of clean sheets in the past few games was attributed mainly to poor defending and giving away possession too cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back