Liverpool FC Thread

Anyway manage to catch the game and was surprise that Degen is still with us!!! I thought Rafa will loan him to Sengkang FC or let him go FOC :mrgreen:

LOL. Degen may be Foreign. But not much Talent.

Anyway, I wonder if any of our national player here is gonna catch Rafa's eye. Nor Alam Shah or Agu Casmir to partner Torres up front? Haha! :D

AFP - Wednesday, July 22
LIVERPOOL, England (AFP) - - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard lashed out at a man "with the style and speed of a professional boxer" after losing his cool in a bar brawl, a court heard Tuesday.

The 29-year-old England midfielder is accused of being part of a group that injured businessman Marcus McGee, 34, at the Lounge Inn nightclub in Southport near Liverpool, northwest England, in December last year.
Gerrard was celebrating Liverpool's 5-1 win at Newcastle United at the time. He denies the charge of affray. An initial charge of assault was dropped at a court hearing in March.
The row erupted after Gerrard asked McGee for a card controlling the CD player, saying: "Give me that, lad," the court heard.
"Mr. McGee took offence at his attitude and the expression 'lad' and he refused. Not many people on Merseyside, or indeed anywhere else, would refuse a request from Steven Gerrard but Mr. McGee did," said prosecutor David Turner.
Gerrard was left fuming by the exchange, and six minutes later came back over to Mr. McGee, swearing and squaring up to him "in the sort of hostile confrontation that is often seen between professional footballers."
"Steven Gerrard had clearly lost his cool: he was angry with Marcus McGee," said Turner.
Gerrard's friends came over to help, and one of them, John Doran, pushed McGee away and "could not resist following through with his right elbow into Mr McGee's face", said Turner.
"We say at this stage Gerrard totally lost it.
"Within seconds, Steven Gerrard joined in the attack with a succession of well aimed uppercut punches delivered with the style and speed of a professional boxer rather than a professional footballer."
Turner said the key question was whether Gerrard was acting in self-defence.
"Steven Gerrard is a world class footballer. He has the honour to be captain of Liverpool FC and to play for England. He is a star. He is Liverpool born and bred and here on Merseyside is a hero," he said.
"We do not say that Mr. Gerrard is normally an arrogant man, we don't say that he is a bully.
"What we do say is that that night he just lost his self control and joined in an attack which should never have taken place. He let himself down."
Gerrard is facing trial alone, after five co-defendants admitted affray, and one admitted a lesser charge of threatening behaviour.

England and Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard appeared in court here on Monday ahead of his trial on charges of being involved in a nightclub brawl.
The 29-year-old Liverpool captain is accused of being part of a group that injured businessman Marcus McGee, 34, at the Lounge Inn nightclub in Southport near Liverpool, in December last year.
Gerrard was celebrating Liverpool's 5-1 defeat of Newcastle United at the time. He denies the charge of affray. An initial charge of assault was dropped at a court hearing in March.
The midfielder appeared in the dock alongside his six co-accused at Liverpool Crown Court wearing a dark grey suit and black suede shoes, as jurors waited to be called in for the start of the trial.
However, there were a number of procedural delays and the case was eventually adjourned until 10.30am on Tuesday.
Gerrard's absence from the Liverpool squad has put helped put a dampener on the club's current much-hyped Asian swing.
His court date was set before the trip to Asia was announced although Gerrard featured in promotional adverts aired on television in the region.
Liverpool matches against Thailand on Wednesday and Singapore four days later were heavily promoted with both games likely to play in front of sell-out crowds.
But loyal Asian fans of the Premier League runners-up will be disappointed that Gerrard did not make the trip while Spanish stars Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso, a transfer target of big spenders Real Madrid, are unlikely to play much part in the games.

Gerrard unable to come and Torres won't be playing much :( Still, it will be a good match. I hope the weather holds out. I'll be at the KOP stand!

Man, I hope Xabi Alonso stays..

3 games,
no wins
no hope
Liverpool held to 1-1 draw by Thailand

BANGKOK - Substitute Sutee Suksomkit scored a stunning second-half equaliser to earn Thailand a surprise 1-1 draw with Premier League Liverpool Wednesday.
Lifted by a partisan Bangkok crowd dressed mainly in red, the 18-times English champions went ahead after only six minutes through Ryan Babel but were unable to hold on for a pre-season victory in wet and humid conditions.
Babel latched on to an incisive pass from captain Jamie Carragher, turned a defender and calmly slotted the ball underneath onrushing keeper Kosin Hathairattanakul.
Babel almost made it two 15 minutes later when a Lucas Leivas cross-field pass found him in space at the far post but the Dutch international's tame shot went wide.
The Thai team, coached by former England international Peter Reid, put some good passing movements together but failed to trouble the Liverpool defence before the break.
Liverpool made a number of changes at halftime, but Martin Skrtel could only last 10 minutes before limping off injured.
Thailand drew level when substitute Sutee combined with striker Teerasul Dangda in the 71st minute to split the Liverpool defence, before executing a clinical finish into the bottom left-hand corner.
Thailand's monsoon rains poured down on the players soon after and an ecstatic cheer erupted throughout the packed crowd when Fernando Torres entered the field.
He could have scored within 30 seconds of coming on but shot poorly into the arms of Kosin, raising a loud cheer from a Rajamangala stadium awash with fans kitted out in replica Liverpool shirts.
"I think the fans are more pleased with Torres than us," Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez joked.
"We had some chances, we were playing against a team that was well organised, and they play quick.
"You come to a new continent and conditions are different, always more difficult, but I was pleased with the performance of some players and also pleased to see the national team play well."
Liverpool will play the Singapore national team Sunday on the second and final leg of their Asian tour.

knn...skrtel injured...
tat's y sometimes i just hate this kinda exhibition/friendly match against second tier teams...full of reckless tackles...
the injury is so freaking unnecessary =(

knn...skrtel injured...
tat's y sometimes i just hate this kinda exhibition/friendly match against second tier teams...full of reckless tackles...
the injury is so freaking unnecessary =(

3 games,
no wins

no hope

:p:cool::twisted:

Torres looks good ... as usual.
A couple of injuries but I hope it's not as bad as ARSE :twisted:.
FGL if friendly results are important than, Villareal will be Spanish champion!

It's good to see other fans are worried about our pre-season friendly results rather than their own :twisted:.

yup yup... i pity them, especially fgl...

coz ARSEnal couldnt afford to go for friendly tours here... so fgl have to tumpang happiness here. no worries bro,its like tat one... we welcome u. :)

heard from my colleague that carragher n skrtel r heading to novena square this saturday...reina n agger going to jurong point...anyone going?
fgl going? if u go let us know, coz u'll never walk alone!
hehehehe...

Xabi Alonso Real Galactico?

290610_33_preview.jpg

Real Madrid have tabled a fresh bid of €35 million for Xabi Alonso which Liverpool reportedly have accepted.

by the look of it, don't think he will be in SG?

well i think he is in sg already? as seen from lfc.tv, he is going to take part in adidas related events. also i was like LOL when i saw "The Reds enjoyed their first run-out on Singapore soil at the Jalon Bezar sports club in early evening." :)

Latest posts

Back