Liverpool FC Thread

290610_33_preview.jpg

City in shock move for Alonso

Manchester City are now rumoured to be preparing for transfer bid Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Liverpool have slapped a price tag of approximately £35 million for Alonso, after many weeks of negotiations with Real.

Looks like shitty are really spending some serious dough.
They already got tevez from manures and now aiming for Alonso although I don't think he will go there.

This will be good for us and bad news for Real.
If they want Alonso than they need to up their bid for him.

Losing Alonso is a big blow but he's already 30 I think so, it will be better to bank on him rather than losing him for nothing.

How time flies, Alonso is 30 already, Gerrard is now 29, it seems like yesterday. I sometimes wonder, who will be our new hero/Gerrard.

hahhaah now it seems that Gerrard not coming to SG .... :mrgreen:

got court case sumo .... :twisted:

Here I thought it was Liverpool Football Club that fans want to watch!
Didn't know those paying fans actually want to watch Gerrard FC!

I say demand refund!
We have been duped!!!
We want Gerrard FC!!!!

:mrgreen:

PS: fgl, Liverpool got other quality star players as well, unlike Arse, no Fabregas, no other stars to watch :twisted:.

Fergie: Owen was not protected

289326_33_preview.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed if Michael Owen has been with Man United early in his career, he would not have suffered burnout.

I have to agree with Sir Rudolph here.
Liverpool and other BPL team should follow manures tactics.

When there's an international game, tell TheFA that your players are injured. After international games are over, include your players in the squad!!

:twisted:

where got kena con... i'm goin coz i want to watch the liverpool team play. i dun mind if gerrard nt around,met him liao last time.

the pic fgl put... damn classic the candy jersey. i dunno where mine went to

How time flies, Alonso is 30 already, Gerrard is now 29, it seems like yesterday. I sometimes wonder, who will be our new hero/Gerrard.

I think Alonso is around 28. The media got it wrong.

Anyway it's already inevitable.....Alonso seems to be leaving for Madrid. :(

Alonso's replacement is hard to find. Let's hope the new guy is just as good. Well, maybe now we got the moolah to bring in David Silva.

194a.gif
RAPID VIENNA 1-0 LIVERPOOL
Sunday 19 July 2009 18:15 , Friendly REDS SLUMP TO VIENNA DEFEAT
Rapid Vienna captain Steffen Hofmann's second-half free-kick condemned Liverpool to a 1-0 defeat in their latest pre-season friendly in Austria.
The German midfielder clipped an effort beyond young goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi on 58 minutes to secure victory for the battling home side, as Rafa Benitez used the game to give most of his squad a run-out.

The Reds were without new-signing Glen Johnson, however. The England defender sat out the fixture after picking up a slight knock to his Achilles in Wednesday's goalless draw with St Gallen, with fellow full-back Stephen Darby joining him on the sidelines due to injury.

Liverpool's returning Spanish contingent were also present in the stadium, but were not considered for action by Benitez following their recent Confederations Cup exertions.

The game got underway with the sold-out Ernst Happel Stadium bathed in bright evening sunlight, and Ryan Babel sent out an early statement of intent with a powerful run and low shot that failed to test goalkeeper Helge Payer.

Soon after, Nabil El Zhar's cross picked out Krisztian Nemeth in the centre, but the striker's tame header was well off target.

Rapid had a goal ruled out on six minutes when Erwin Hoffer was adjudged to be offside after meeting Hofmann's delicate pass and firing the ball beyond Diego Cavalieri.

Hofmann himself then tried his luck soon after, with the dangerous 28-year-old meeting a long-ball into the box with a volley on the stretch that cleared the crossbar in what was proving to be an even contest.

The hosts were presented with a great opportunity to break the deadlock moments before the interval as Emiliano Insua's attempted headed clearance from a cross cannoned off Damien Plessis into the path of Hoffer.

However, his shot from close-range was deflected around the post by the sprawling Cavalieri to ensure the two teams went into half-time on level terms.

Benitez made nine changes during the intermission, with Philipp Degen and Insua the only two Liverpool players to remain on the field from the first half.

Rapid began the second period strongly and Dirk Kuyt was shown a yellow card on 58 minutes after bringing down Markus Heikkinen on the edge of the area.

From the resulting free-kick, Hofmann curled a low shot beyond the reach of substitute custodian Gulacsi into the bottom corner to open the scoring for the Austrian side.

It was almost 2-0 moments later as Stefan Maierhofer turned the ball over the line from eight yards, but the Reds were relieved to see the raised flag of the referee's assistant for offside.

At the other end, Yossi Benayoun curled a free-kick into the welcoming arms of Rapid's replacement stopper Raimund Hedl, before Benitez introduced Javier Mascherano into the action with 25 minutes remaining as the Argentina midfielder made his first appearance of the pre-season schedule.

Kuyt then smashed a shot into the side netting after Daniel Pacheco's dummy allowed the Dutchman to collect David Ngog's pass into the area. The strike duo combined once more shortly after, but Kuyt's goalbound shot was blocked by Markus Katzer.

With time running out, Benayoun couldn't get enough power into a chance from inside the six-yard box after Kuyt's cross at the second attempt somehow found its way to the Israel midfielder.

But Liverpool were unable to find an equaliser and the Reds will now hope to rediscover their scoring touch in Asia as they head to the Far East to take on Thailand and Singapore.
Teams
Rapid Vienna: Payer, Katzer, Eder, Patocka, Dober, Drazan, Heikkinen, Pehlivan, Hofmann (c), Hoffer, Jelavic. Subs - Hedl, Kavlak, Kayhan, Konrad, Kulovits, Maierhofer, Prokopic, Schosswendter, Schrammel, Thonhofer, Trimmel

Liverpool: Cavalieri, Insua, Carragher, Sanchez Ayala, Degen, Babel, Gerrard (c), Plessis, El Zhar, Nemeth, Voronin. Subs - Benayoun, Kelly, Kuyt, Leiva, Martin, Mascherano, Ngog, Pacheco, San Jose Dominguez, Skrtel, Spearing

sorry i have to say this, typical of rafa to underestimate teams.

yes it's pre-season, but shouldn't pre-season be about getting your 1st team ready for the season ahead? i think liverpool fans would be watching a reserve team play singapore and are going to be very disappointed.

It's good to see other fans are worried about our pre-season friendly results rather than their own :twisted:.

Anyway manage to catch the game and was surprise that Degen is still with us!!! I thought Rafa will loan him to Sengkang FC or let him go FOC :mrgreen:.
Maybe when the team come down to SG, they will strike an agreement with DPPM to take him on loan :mrgreen:.

The youngsters in this game looks good as well. Hopefully they will get the chance in the 1st team playing in BPL instead of League Cup. Pacheco should be included in the 1st team to groom him to play alongside Torres for years to come.

PS: fgl, it seems that ARSE now becomes a team of farming youngsters and sell them to top/rich club :twisted:. Remind me of the ol' Westham.

Latest posts

Back