Liverpool FC Thread

Lavezzi's advisor issues warning over Liverpool bid

Lavezzi_FilippoMonteforte.jpg

The 24-year-old Argentina forward, who still has four years left on his contract with Napoli, scored seven goals in 30 league starts last season and is one of Europe's hottest properties. It is thought Liverpool have made an offer in the region of £20m for the player, who has also been linked with Manchester City.

£20m for a striker who scored 7 goals in 30 starts?
Saw his clips over at youtube, must say look impressive BUT this is BPL not Serie A. Even Svenchenko and Crespo struggle in BPL.

Exactly. I believe that had Torres and Gerrard been fit for the entire season we would've won the title. All we need are squad players, like a new right back and left winger. Striker isn't a priority now, neither is left back. Hopefully Benitez doesn't fail in the transfer market again.

Striker IS a priority, if torres's injured again, we most prob will fail, least get a decent standby like man utd 's diego forlan, efficient. But really keeping 's more important than buying this season, can you imagine Alonso and Mascahreno's gone, we are most probably done.

Benayoun & Mascherano to Barca.
It has been claimed that the European champions have enquired about Benayoun, in the same week that fellow Reds midfielder Javier Mascherano was linked with the Catalan giants.

Alonso to REAL.
Talk of a Real Madrid move for Xabi Alonso will not go away.

Madrid sources have already linked young strikers Alvaro Negredo and Alberto Bueno as makeweights in any possible deal, while Argentina striker Javier Saviola is another option.

And Madrid have 31 year-old Gabriel Heinze in their squad, a player that Benitez was blocked from signing when the full-back was at Manchester United.

Andrea Dossena to Juventus
Benitez could soon tie up a deal to sell full-back Andrea Dossena to Juventus for £6.5m, after the Italian failed to settled at Anfield.

LFC seems like relak one corner :mrgreen:

Whoa it sure is quiet here..hehe..well, so far no news of us trying to buy players. Any of u guys heard of any rumours? So far I heard of other clubs trying to buy our key players, which we cannot afford to do.

Because of the financial losses incurred by the stupid yankees, the media prefers to speculate players that are going out, rather than coming in.

Rafa don't have the dough unlike manures/shitty/cheatsea so he have to make sure that the player/s he bring in does not ends up like keane.

Rafa should really look into getting some quality wide players. We have one of the best DM in Masch, great passer in Alonso, quality individual in Gerrard and free scoring machine in Torres but our wide players just ... sucks!

Liverpool close in on Pompey's Johnson for £18m

It had been reported that the Blues and Manchester City had also had bids accepted for the player but, with Chelsea's withdrawal and Johnson's decision to opt against a move to City due to their lack of Champions League football, the path now looks clear for his move to Anfield.

Liverpool are still owed £7m by Portsmouth from the deal that took Peter Crouch to Fratton Park last year and that figure will be written off as part of the Johnson fee; while Andrea Dossena and Alvaro Arbeloa are also on the brink of leaving the club to provide Benitez with more transfer funds.

£18m for him?!

facepalm-statue.jpg

*palms face*
shucks...i sense another "brilliant" "worthy" purchase...
it seems to me like paying 4k for an MIK epiphone. no matter how good it sounds like, it's still an epiphone.
pls prove me wrong n make me take the quotation marks away. =D

Liverpool 2009-10 Barclays Premier League fixtures:

August

15 Tottenham Hotspur (a)
19 Stoke City (h)
22 Aston Villa (h)
29 Bolton Wanderers (a)

September

12 Burnley (h)
19 West Ham United (a)
26 Hull City (h)

October