Liverpool FC Thread

if alonso leaves? BUY JAVI MARTINEZ !!! 1 spainish out, 1 spainish in! :)

hes 20 years old and only cost 10 million pounds now, right now rafa is currently trying to bargain for a better price at moment.

we were linked up with him in 2007 , but his buy out price last time was 17.7 mil euros :(

Last edited:
Benitez reiterates his desire to keep hold of Alonso

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has reiterated his intention to retain Xabi Alonso in his squad for next season.

The Spanish midfielder has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, however Benitez stressed there is no deal in place and has questioned whether Alonso, contracted until 2012, would even be interested in a move.

Benitez told Liverpool's official website: "The situation is clear, we do not want to sell our best players and that includes Xabi.

"He had a very good season for us and can be an important player in the future. There is no agreement with Real and we want him to be part of our plans going forward.

"Xabi himself told our club magazine only two weeks ago that he was looking forward to his sixth season as a Liverpool player. Why should he want to leave now?''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=651596&sec=england&&cc=4716

shitty = man city? well man city is the rival of manure, so i personally won't call them shitty, but would consider them allies in the coalition against manure ;)

well...gareth barry has gone to sh!tty...so who's rafa signing or targetting???

n

alonso don't go!

Last edited:

javi martinez, david silva , david villa , tevez , aguero.

benitez did not sign sergio aguero when he was worth only 14 mil pounds, he said aguero was a risk to sign when he just got torres. now all the clubs are throwing 35-50 million pounds for him LOL.

sergio aguero is good. he's a poacher. good positioning when he's inside the box.
totally different from torres.

shitty reportedly paid $12 mil for barry.
just few mths ago, we offer close to $18 mil and was rejected.
think it also good cos barry 2nd half of season kinda disappointing.

one-to-watch-pacheco-14.jpg

Daniel Pacheco was in impressive form as Liverpool Reserves reached the quarter-final of the International Cor Groenewegen Tournament in Holland.

The Spanish striker scored five goals including one sensational Xabi Alonso-esque effort from the halfway line against Danish side FC Copenhagen.

Wish more youngsters are given the chance in the league by Rafa.

haha lets face it, the only ones 1st team from academys gerrard and carragher, apart from it benitez doesnt seem to giv em a chance other than the carling cup!

Yeah, but i think a few of them might break into the first team soon, Spearing and Insua are very very close, and Nemeth and El Zhar just need to work a little harder and maybe 2 seasons down the road they'll be in the PL squad. Honestly, i believe Huddlestone would be a good replacement. He's quite underrated, bcos he's a very behind-the-scenes player. I've watched him play over the past 3 years and i think that while his passing may not be as accurate as Alonso's just yet, it can definitely be improved with training. And that cannon right foot. Woooo. Barry's gone to Man City, so i think Benitez will be desperate to hold on to Alonso. IMHO Lucas is waaaay better in Gerrard's position, i remember how well he played when Benitez implemented a 4-1-4-1 formation against Newcastle, the result was 5-1. Gerrard+Lucas as AM behind Torres=hell for defenders. I might get dissed for this, but i think Lucas still has a ways to go, like Babel they just need for playing time. They should not be sold.

haha moneys on el zhar and insua but they arent exactly "academy" stuf hahaha, haha lucas's a bit lightweight but so's fabregas, but still hes bit overrated but who knoes give him a few yrs, same as babel.

IMHO Lucas is waaaay better in Gerrard's position, i remember how well he played when Benitez implemented a 4-1-4-1 formation against Newcastle, the result was 5-1. Gerrard+Lucas as AM behind Torres=hell for defenders.

Actually, if you ask me, I agree. That's the reason why Rafa has so much faith in Lucas. I think Lucas is really promising. And c'mon, if he plays besides Mascherano, Mascherano will outshine him by miles. So it's kinda unfair to criticize his performances. He gets better every time. :D

Seriously, Rafa should have got Aguero when he got Torres. -.- Now everyone wants him. Wasted!

Liverpool has good talents in their youth teams. Insua is definitely the best so far. :D

Back