Liverpool FC Thread

Nothing to worry about, we are still on the top table after Chelseas Draw with Everton!

3 weeks straight with all the big teams draw.

Boring 3 weeks

I bet abuse gets thrown all over the place all the time, just nobody is stupid enough to do it so obiously like Rooney.
I agree, red card = controversy.

I don't see why both sides should be complaining. 1 point from a very tough game from both sides, I would say fair result.

And PS: Liverpool fans, how has a point from an away game from a ' top 4 ' club ever been bad?

Last edited:
being a referee is a tough job. have to look after 22 people, including the managers and the constant booing and taunting of fans for every decisions they make.

it is not easy to please everyone.

Last edited:
Haha yea i agree...............i tried refereeing a match between friends b4...........its very hard to deal with the conflicting views on the pitch. I felt more mentally tired than the players after the match. Its not really practical to be a ref if u ask me............gotta have big balls and a thick skull to pull out the card or shut out the noise.

Liverpool 3-0 Bolton

It was a great game of football at Anfield as Liverpool came all out to end a poor run of draws at Anfield. And they did it in style, beating Bolton by 3 goals to nil. Liverpool dominated possesion, and got the result they deserved. The first 25 minutes were a dull affair, with both teams losing possesion needlessly. But when Liverpool won their 8th corner in 27 minutes, something had to come out of it. And the result was a goal, a beautiful piece of finishing by Albert Riera, toe-poking it home for a 3rd goal of the season. That seemed to break Bolton's resistance and Liverpool came forward at every opportunity, fullbacks Insua and Carragher thundering forward at will. Insua in particular was impressive, putting in a few good balls and defending well. But the best shot of the half came from Jamie Carragher, an absolute belter with his left foot from 30 yards that flew narrowly over the crossbar. And that was the last piece of goalmouth action seen in the first half.

Liverpool came flying out of the blocks in the 2nd, and the 2nd goal arrived on 54 minutes. Liverpool counter-attacked from a corner and Steven Gerrard slid a delightful through-ball to Keane, who beat Jussi Jaaskelainen at his near post with a left-footed shot. Liverpool continued to dominate and their 3rd goal, Keane's 2nd, came on 58 minutes. Reina saved a looping header and then made an intelligent throw to Alonso, as Liverpool counter-attacked again from a corner. Alonso slid the ball to Benayoun, who cut in from the right and with his 1st touch set up Keane for his 2nd. More dominating by Liverpool, and right at the end, they were denied a 3rd goal when Jaaskelainen made a fantastic double save to deny N'Gog and Lucas.

A great game of football, and Liverpool will travel to Newcastle this weekend with confidence.

Totally dominated the game, very good performance overall. Hopefully they'll continue like this.

PS: It's nice to see Robbie Keane finally do good, it was only a matter of time. In all your pessimistic faces, football pundits. :mrgreen:

I think the reason for this season's good results has to be the improvement on the flanks, now we've got quality there, think Riera and Benayoun, who were excellent last night. And the LB slot seems to be sealed now, Insua is really, really good. I predicted that he'd come good this season and thank goodness he's chosen this time to do so. Go Reds and thrash Newcastle!

I missed the match due to work, but when I was on the way back at simpang I asked the uncle and he said newcastle won 5-1. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back