Liverpool FC Thread

Lucas should have been off long ago, Alonso should have been at least cautioned and Gerrard is a very promising diver.

Ade deserved that red card. Arsenal was obviosuly playing for the draw in the 2nd half, only counter attacking, and got exposed quite a couple of times. Too bad we didn't take the chances and bury the game. All credit to Arsenal for holding on to a draw.

i disagree ... Gunners went for the kill even after Adebayor was unfairly sent off ...

Not from what I see. They were counter attacking much more. Putting everyone behind the ball and pushing forward with a few fast players, didn't really threaten the goal that much.

i don't think ade deserved a red. It wasn't even a yellow! He did what any other striker (read: kuyt) would have done in his position, challenge for the ball using physical strength and then shield it from the equally huge defender.

If anyone should be carded, arbeloa fell oh-so-comically holding his face and every pool player simply remonstrated to the ref asking for ade to be given another yellow.

and without any disrespect, once arsenal were down to ten men of course they had to play for the draw? when ade was still on it was a fair fight, so when he went off naturally we went on the defensive. Like duh, right? i was kind of expecting worse but yeah, they managed to hold on.

plus, ade was the greatest threat to the pool defence up till he was sent off. He's arsenal's hardest player to defend against so naturally when he got (unfairly) sent off arsenal's attacks are more sporadic?

if gerrard, or torres was sent off it would make pool play the same way too

unfair treatment by the ref..that stupid lucas was involved in so many fouls and he only got 1 yellow card..

Can't complain about the red card though (2 yellow = red). The challenge was not vicious but the boot was way too high for the ref liking.

Arsenal was unlucky though (their story this season). Lost cesc through injury at half time and a soft 2 yellow card for ade but still with 10 men, their intention was clear - they are going for all 3 points.

Disappointed in the reds once again. We got the numbers and the players BUT rafa decide that 1 point is enuf. It seems that rafa forgot that in league competition they are 19 other clubs and 38 matches in total. The results elsewhere is as important as your very own results, unlike in cup competition where you can only concentrate on your club results.

Really disappointed in the reds. Against 10 men and 1 of the title contenders, what did the reds do when they got the ball? Keep passing back. For goodness sake put more bodies into the penalty box to create confusion for the opposition team! :mad:

According to the ref, he was booked for a lunge. Which he did, he didn't block straight, he went in with his foot before turning his body. That's dangerous play, which warrants a yellow card.

I don't think Liverpool committed enough, but with Arsenal's fast breaks, it was quite smart not to push up too much and be exposed in the back.

Lucas was involved in many fouls, but none of them was vicious. Only one from what I saw, deserved a yellow card, which he got.

Yeah i was damn frustrated when that fatboy Sammy Lee kept telling the players to pull back. It was the most irritating scene of the night. Lucas shld spend some time in the reserves bcos he can't hack it in the BPL, the referee shld have his eyes checked and Rafa shld play Babel more bcos he is waaaaay better than Lucas. Imagine, Torres+Babel in attack, with Keane on the bench. That's scary. I think Rafa really has to be more positive, he always tells the team to sit back when their a goal up or drawn with a top 4 team. That isn't the way to play against top 4 opposition, u shld always hit the panic button and heck care the defense for awhile until ur at least 2 goals up. I think Arsenal were the team that showed more character, going for 3 pts albeit in a more subdued fashion. Really disappointed with the entire team, except perhaps Robbie Keane, who did well.

Yeah i was damn frustrated when that fatboy Sammy Lee kept telling the players to pull back. It was the most irritating scene of the night. Lucas shld spend some time in the reserves bcos he can't hack it in the BPL, the referee shld have his eyes checked and Rafa shld play Babel more bcos he is waaaaay better than Lucas. Imagine, Torres+Babel in attack, with Keane on the bench. That's scary. I think Rafa really has to be more positive, he always tells the team to sit back when their a goal up or drawn with a top 4 team. That isn't the way to play against top 4 opposition, u shld always hit the panic button and heck care the defense for awhile until ur at least 2 goals up. I think Arsenal were the team that showed more character, going for 3 pts albeit in a more subdued fashion. Really disappointed with the entire team, except perhaps Robbie Keane, who did well.

That's when you lose games.

Red card = controversy.

C'mon stop debating what's fair or unfair. Football has never been fair, as far as I can remember.

LIVERPOOL SHALL MARCH ON. :D

Clearly saw Gerrard mouthing FO to the ref and as usual, being the darling of the FA, nothing happened, just jog along.. brilliant!

There are a lot of players that curse the ref or their decision but the ref like buat bodoh.

John terry is famous for it. Wayne Rooney is the other one. C. Ronaldo is the same but the ref just ignore it cos some ref are not fussy.

The ref only fussy in the beginning and the ending of the season where they have to be strict with the rules. In between that, they just buat bodoh :mrgreen:

If they want to give a yellow card for every dive, C Ronaldo will have a red card for every game :twisted:!

Latest posts

Back