Liverpool FC Thread

Yep, Capt Wonder scored 2 great goals and he's just 1 goal away from hitting 100 Liverpool goals! I just can't help thinking that after this wonderful start, there's going to be so much more to celebrate at the end. The whole team's been excellent, especially Pepe Reina and the defence could be the key this season. Go Liverpool!

Liverpool is looking good, in my opinion. To win ugly and have a solid defence... Key to title win!

Agger, Carragher, Dossena, Arbeloa, Reina. Wow

Last edited:
merseyside derby!!!!

man, this is gonna be as fierce as every merseyside derby in the past! everton are no pushovers, but hope liverpool can maintain their form!

And add that to the fact that both drew at home to supposedly relegation fodder teams, i thinking it'll be an extremely fiery encounter. I hope Riera can improve on his last game, to be charitable, his crossing was terrible. Almost every single cross of his went out. It's really quite irritating to see Liverpool beating Man U, then drawing with some stupid team that defends with 10 men. 25 shots-2 shots and we didn't score anything, thanks in part to Sorensen having a good day, and that stupid blind-as-bat referee. Even with a grainy image on my com screen it was obvious Kuyt didn't touch the ball.

Yes! A Torres double won us our 3rd Merseyside derby! And this time, there wasn't any funny refereeing decisions, except Tim Cahill's sending off. A well-deserved victory, as Liverpool upped their tempo in the 2nd half and were duly rewarded. 2 great goals from Torres and he looks like he's gonna start scoring loads of goals now. It was another false dawn for Keane though, and he looks like the 'waste of money' that the Stoke fans called him last week. But he did produce a few good crosses and especially that excellent one which allowed Torres to score. Riera was again disappointing, i expected more from him. And a great block by Carragher denied Marouane Fellaini. A good result, although Liverpool should constantly play at a high tempo, had they played like they did in the 2nd half from the beginning, they could have potentially put 4-6 goals past a leaky Everton backline. A good result, but some players really need to up their game.

I thought Keane was good. Quite impressive, actually. Just that he didn't score. Aw. He would be good.

Torres deserved a hat-trick. I wonder what the hell the referee was thinking when he penalized Kuyt when he did nothing. -.- Torres deserved the thrid goal! It was a great finish.

But! We still won. 2-0. Cahill's tackle was malicious, but didn't deserve the send-off. Kudos to Mike Riley. He allowed the game to run rather smoothly.

there were some positives from keane. he did provide the assists to torres's goal, and that mean's he's improving his games. but liverpool paid them for the goals, and we shld be expecting more from him.

then again, peter crouch took 19 matches to score. so it's a matter of time that keane will score...

Good result. Hopefully stays consistent all the way.

Next, PSV. I think should be the same line-up versus Everton. Except maybe Babel/Benayoun coming in for Riera, Mascherano (if he's fit) for Alonso, and Aurelio for Dossena (IMO, still has not impressed).

PSV in a few hours.

Hmmm, I think Dossena will turn out to be another Finnan. He's quite attack-minded. I'd prefer Aurelio though. Better crossing prowess! Arbeloa has been rather impressive on the right. :D

Keano, time for you to score! Riera, show off your skills! Kuyt, run till the defenders die! Torres, score!

Win for liverpool!

Liverpool 3 - 1 PSV

finally, keano scored like after dunnohowmany matches!

finally, gerrard scored 100 goals!

i think aurelio is a much more consistent performer. I think his attacking and crossings are much better than dossena

Dossena has got dribbling skills though................he's not too bad, considering its his first season. Word is that Benitez wants Gareth Bale now.................now that wld be a coup. Great win, great goals, especially that 25m strike by Stevie. Next up, 200 goals. As i said earlier, its a sign of things to come. Watch out, all you other fans.

Word is that Benitez wants Gareth Bale .

Serious? Gareth Bale? If he gets him, our left flank is basically.... WOOHOO! Invincible!

Neh, I'm exaggerating. Anyway, it's Man City the rich camels next. I think we'll win this though. Robinho can't prove anything against the likes of the league's best defence. We've got Carragher, Skrtel, Mascherano and even Leiva to take care of him. :D

Lol? It was still a winner. And kuyt shld seriously be dropped............i'm tired of seeing him losing the ball and ballooning great chances over the bar. I really hope Martin Jol at Hamburg offers like 10 million for him so he can jus GO. A winning goal he may have scored but did not offer anything else.............except that glaring miss. Babel shld replace him on the right. Now, that is what we need. Speed, dribbling and trickery. Like a really fast Benayoun.

Lolz...........whenever i see him play, more mistakes than good stuff happens. Once in a while he produces a good, maybe even great performance but otherwise he's not been too good. His best season was still his first, ever since Torres came he's been shoehorned out on the right and it isn't doing his game a smidgen of good. Babel, like him, is a striker but i feel that he is more natural on the wings than Kuyt. And besides, looking closely his performance against Man City i'm not confident that the right wing is secure. Jermaine Pennant shld come back.............he's of a higher calibre just that many ppl underestimate him.

Latest posts

Back