Liverpool FC Thread

Pennant just needs to learn how to cross accurately, and he'll be quality stuff.
Kuyt does more than just score, Torres of course is Liverpool's target men. He did a really great thing by stepping down and letting Torres take that place. He's like an unsung hero, he does alot of work actually, to be honest, other than Masherano and Gerrard, he has one of the highest work rates in the Liverpool squad. He runs down defenders, never gets tired, supports the strikers, helps the midfield, he's an asset to the Liverpool squad and shouldn't be sold. Even Benitez knows his worth to the team, or he wouldn't be starting so regularly. :-D

Hmph............oh well i guess it's just difference in opinion. But i've never really warmed to his arrival.............when he first came in i was indifferent. Then, as i watched more and more games, he just seemed to get worse. I think the biggest mistake was selling Peter Crouch. He'd be more than just a workhorse. Crouch is very industrious too and with much technical ability, much like Dimitar Berbatov. Great touch, good vision, able to score spectacular goals, remember those bicycle kicks? Only problem is that sometimes he's at the wrong place at the wrong time. Kuyt is a realy hard worker yes. But a real asset to the team like Gerrard or Torres? Maybe not. Rumours are that Benitez is ready to buy another wing-striker and sell Kuyt back to a Dutch club. I dunno abt u guys but i think i'd welcome that more than object to it. Just my 2 cents, nothing personal. One thing's for sure though, we ain't losing with him around. And while he's made a few gaffes, they aren't that high-profile and those mistakes haven't cost us any points. Anyone else with other comments?

I would like to see Pennant given more opportunites. He's are more of an attacking threat and has more wing play than Kuyt. Likewise for Babel. As it is, Kuyt is like doing the job of Mascherano in the upper right half of the field!

Exactly what i meant. He cld contribute more as a replacement for Mascherano actually, given his high workrate and tendency for the unremarkable. But on the flanks, penetration is key.................and he hasn't got enough speed to make it happen.

And now, we've got Torres injured again bcos of another bloody international................WTF is it that he has almost always gotten injuries during internationals its dam irritating. Still.............its only Wigan so i hope Keane or maybe Babel or N'gog can produce the goods.

wow i think its been months since i visited this thread LOLS, nearly forgetten about it hahas (but not liverpool). i think a worthy player would be either carragher or even alonso. also i think benayoun should be given more chances to prove himself?

Brilliant. Wonderful. Marvelous!

WE DID IT AGAIN.

Let me count. Middlesbourgh, Man Poo, sorry United I mean, Man City, now, Wigan. Woohoo.

Liverpool pawned today,
i knew they'd do a rise from t dead right after kuyt put in the 2nd goal.
however the 2nd goal from wigan was wow.
but Kuyt's 85th>

Haha now i see why all of u were raving abt Kuyt. He was superb up front he shld partner Torres not Keane! And yea, Zaki's goal was a stunner. But nothing compared to Juliano Belleti's 35m strike against Boro. Now that was a piece of real skill. But Liverpool can't afford to keep conceding first.............someday it'll catch up with us. Nxt up, Atletico Madrid! Bring it on, the losers who got thrashed 6-1 by Barca. I hope their defence does the same thing (concede 5 goals in 18min) then we can relak liao.

With another win we trudge on.
Torres and Keane are really different players, so whos to tell. Maybe Torres's injury is a blessing in disguise for liverpool to find their most potent upfront combination, or to experiment somemore.

PS: Carragher would be captain, seeing he is the vice captain. I would think players like Mascherano, or Torres would be able to lead the team well.

I dunno............gut feeling tells me that by the time Stevie steps down there'll be a new English prodigy or 2 hopefully 3 stepping out of the academy........he might choose to give if to one of them or he might hand it to Pepe Reina. I don't see Mascherano getting it..........he tends to be too emotional on the pitch. Torres is a good bet though.

Word has it amr zaki might be coming to anfield as early as January.So keep you fingers crossed! But I don't think he can partner torres upfront. Too similar.

word has it Amr Zaki might be at Anfield, as early as January. So keep your fingers crossed. But I don't think he can partner Nando upfront. Too similar in play.

i hope zaki doesnt come t anfield.
it's just frankly needless t get another striker already.
i think what liverpool need now is defenders.
the wingers.

& i dont think carragher would still be playing if gerrard retire.
i'd want reina t be the captain though!hahaha.

kuyt is a fantastic player.
+1 for his tireless runs
+1 for his defending even t the back
+1 for bringing liverpool back up.

Latest posts

Back