Liverpool FC Thread

I'd prefer Zaki any time over Heskey though. :D Zaki is a strong and good finisher. He could hold the ball pretty well and makes a good target man, and I think with Zaki and Torres, it would probably work out better than Keane and Torres.

With Zaki holding the ball, Torres running to the inside like how Henry does and Keane staying behind just at the hole, we might see a very good combination. Hopefully Rafa can see this.

i think what liverpool need now is defenders.
the wingers.

I disagree. I don't think we need any more wingers. Cos there are fantastic Babel, dribble-king Riera, playmaker Benayoun, tireless Kuyt and even El Zhar. I believe these 5 wingers have good quality. Well, maybe except El Zhar.

Maybe we need more full backs. If Arbeloa is injured, I have no idea who's gonna cover him. Aurelio and Dossena are good, so we don't really need to worry. As for centreback, the foursome of Hyypia, Carragher, Agger and Skrtel is enough to worry many attackers although I would want a better replacement for aging Hyypia.

I do think we need more defenders, remember last season's crisis?
I wouldn't want Zaki, sounds to me like a one hit wonder, if Liverpool is to get someone, get someone with proven quality.

Well, sad to see Torres not being able to play his old club, but Madrid is next. :D

I disagree. I don't think we need any more wingers. Cos there are fantastic Babel, dribble-king Riera, playmaker Benayoun, tireless Kuyt and even El Zhar. I believe these 5 wingers have good quality. Well, maybe except El Zhar.

Maybe we need more full backs. If Arbeloa is injured, I have no idea who's gonna cover him. Aurelio and Dossena are good, so we don't really need to worry. As for centreback, the foursome of Hyypia, Carragher, Agger and Skrtel is enough to worry many attackers although I would want a better replacement for aging Hyypia.

haha.what i meant was defenders.
the winged-defenders:)

agree! but, remember that liverpool have philip degen on the bench. too bad i never saw him in action. so, i dont really sure that he got the right strengh and skill to defend and overlapping the whole 90 minutes.

Ya.............and the bloody linesmen were cockeyed.............no offside also want to flag. Coulda won the game had Benayoun's goal been allowed and Keane and Babel had netted...............dam. And now we've got Gerrard tired, Alonso with a knee injury and Keane with a groin strain. But if we did this against Man U b4, Chelsea can only be next! Haha Dirk Kuyt to the rescue!

About the buying, i think yea a replacement for the 36 year old Hyppia is much, much needed. Maybe David Wheater. As for wingers and strikers, too many liao, now we need centre midfield and right back. Degen is still injured and Arbeloa is the only right back. Dossena's been good, and with Aurelio in the wings i don't forsee a problem on the left side of defence. As for centre midfield, i think a good choice wld be Charles N'Zogbia of Newcastle, he's fast, has great passing range and can run at defenders. A more wily version of Gerrard if you like. And oh he can play on the left wing too.

Linesmen kelong coz keano paid him off before kick off - thats why no offside.,... TV replays confirm it

Adebayor wasnt offside, Walcott was - BUT Walcott didnt touch or go for the ball making him "inactive" so thats why Adebayor carried on & scored ....

Terms like " could have " or " should have " are thrown around so much, but at the end of the day, they don't change anything.
But it does make one feel better knowing they could have gotten more out of it, anything to get people through the day I guess.

Since when was a draw away from home a bad thing? We're still going strong and unbeaten, don't forget that. We'll prove it against Chelski, like how we did it against Man Utd.

PS: Is it me, or is Liverpool's team spirit soaring extra high this season? :mrgreen:

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

Keep the chins up, and we'll go away with the best result possible. :D

YES! IT'S A WIN!!!!!!!! Top of the table, broke Stamford Bridge and Chelski, and most of all, a huge statement to the rest! EPL title, here we come!

Latest posts

Back