Liverpool FC Thread

Another rumour fresh off the press is that Benitez is interested in Joe Cole.

I've always liked Joe Cole. He's one of the most underrated players I'd ever seen in the English team. Well, I don't think he will make a move to Anfield.

I'll prefer Silva anytime over Cole though.

Barry is a utility man. He can play on the sides, he can be a side back, he can play in the centre, that's probably what Benitez was looking for.

I'd take Joe Cole over Silva.
Cole is proven in both the BPL and the champions league, but silva still needs to adapt, well, we wouldn't know if he'd do well, remember Reyes? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I like him aswell. But he's not much of a defender, and I also don't see him as much as a crosser, more of a central play-maker sort of player.

and I also don't see him as much as a crosser, more of a central play-maker sort of player.

He still has the ability to cause big problems on the flanks with his trickery. He is definitely one of Rafa's few good buys. I hope we don't get second quality players this season! Yankess, give Rafa more money!

And they say Downing is a possible target. Now, I definitely don't mind Downing. :D

Yankee doodle had a farm, ee yah ee yah oo.

They're more interested in their farms back home to even consider putting money into Liverpool. Sad fact. :???:
Off field problems aplenty.

Yeah...............stupid yankees don't understand football at all. I can't understand how their women's football team can win 3 out of 4 olympic gold medals. It'll be good to see more english players in Liverpool though............we've got some exciting young talents coming thru.............the challenge is integrating them into the squad, like Mr Wenger at Arsenal has managed to do so well in the past few seasons. Hopefully we will see a more complete Liverpool side this season and go on to at the very least mount a serious challenge on all 4 trophies up for grabs.

But Mr Wenger fails to keep them there! ;)
Well, yeah we have plenty of young talents, the youth team were champions last season, so we'll see how things go. I hate the fact that the Owners think they know more about football than the manager, IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS in this case.

Winning Ugly

Winning ugly is a sign of good things to come. Play like shit, and still win...because of that winning mentality. It was the same last week against Sunderand. It was an even shittier performance, but we still won. Winning ugly is something Liverpool has never done before, unlike ManUre and Chelski who have been doing it now and then over the years, and they won the league. It's about grinding results out from nothing. So watch out, title #19...here we come! :D

Performance wise, the last 3 games were very disappointing. Liverpool needs to get much better from now on. Cannot win ugly all the time!

Haha, finally Liverpool is off to a flying start despite the ugly wins.

The Boro match was definitely an improvement. I mean, Liverpool played better after Mido scored. I want the quick direct short passing that Liverpool played with so much effectiveness at the end of last season.

Mascherano and Leiva, hurry return to Liverpool! =D

Yes! My thoughts exactly. Winning by being the lousier side is a good sign, just like chelsea when Jose took over in his 1st season. I don't think this was luck though, they really picked up their game after conceding the first goal.
Liverpool used to dominate like hell, but coming up with a draw, or even a loss, but now times, they are a-changing.

I hope this signals the never-say-die spirit, instead of crappy performances every game! But actually, all the top 4 did not play well in this 2nd week, but still 3 of them got wins while Arsenal got shocked by Fulham (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). This could be a very interesting season................once Liverpool starts playing well. And we have just the opportunity to show this by crushing Standard Liege 2nite. How dare they try to win at our home turf lolz............

NEW BOY RIERA IN TEN FACTS

1. Riera is known as Spain's answer to Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing but when among friends he goes by the nickname of 'Flossy'.

2. Albert was born on April 15, 1982 and shares his birthday with actress Emma Watson and former Blue Peter presenter Katy Hill.

3. Riera can boast to have matched new teammate Steven Gerrard's achievement of scoring in a UEFA Cup final. However, unlike Stevie, it would prove to be a bitter-sweet occasion for the winger, as Espanyol eventually succumbed to a penalty shoot-out defeat in the 2007 final against Sevilla. The match had ended 2-2 after extra-time.

4. Albert can already claim to have some Barclays Premier League experience having made 15 appearances for Manchester City after spending some of the 2005-06 season on loan at the club.

5. He made his Blues debut in a memorable 3-1 win at home to local rivals Manchester United on January 14, 2006. A similar result would be most welcome if he makes his Reds bow against the Red Devils on September 13.

6. Riera managed just one goal under City boss at the time Stuart Pearce, when he opened the scoring in a 3-0 win at home to Newcastle on February 1, 2006.

7. Guillem Balague believes the winger will make the most of his second spell in the Premier League after claiming City did not take full advantage of the 26-year-old's strengths. "He was not given the opportunity to play in his natural, attacking, position at City," he wrote on his website. "He spent his time there being used as a wing back: his natural position is a winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation."

8. Albert hails from the island of Mallorca and comes from a town called Manacor, which, incidentally, is the same place where tennis star Rafael Nadal was born.

9. Riera has already sampled the famous Anfield atmosphere after playing 77 minutes of City's 1-0 defeat away to Liverpool in the 2005-06 campaign. Harry Kewell was the Reds' goalscorer that day while Joey Barton was sent off for the visitors.

10. Albert scored his one and only international goal in Spain's 3-1 win away to Denmark in a European Championship qualifier on October 13, 2007. He has five caps for his country to date.

Hmmm, I don't know how good he is... What are his real abilities? Can he cross good? Can he get past his opponents? Is he fast?

Back