Liverpool FC Thread

Peter Crouch has left Anfield. Pity...he's one of my favourite player. Unorthodox but effective. Will be missed. Good luck at Portsmouth.

Harry Kewell finally left. Liverpool's biggest disappointment and problem in recent years has finally left after so many years. What a relief. Won't miss you.

Crouch.. OH NO. He's my favourite player too! He's the one who scores when we all need him. I don't know why Rafa decided to sell him.

Looks like CSK Chelski is the only team that has strenghtened, noticeably, since last season. SHYTE!

Oh and of course Spurs! They've added Dos Santos, Gomez and Modric. The Spuds will be looking to break into the Big Four next season.

Yes its been confirmed, Robbie Keane has signed a 4 year deal with Liverpool. He'll most likely be a backup striker for Torres, unless Benitez gives up on Barry, and plays a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, with the back four and goalkeeper unchanged, only Mascherano sitting in front of the defence, Gerrard given a more free-roaming role further up the pitch, as the supply line to the 2 strikers Keane and Torres. And with another striker, 19 year old David N'gog from PSG now in, there are plenty of options for the striker's role. Only problem is the wings, where we need quality. Pennant, Babel, Kuyt all have talent but aren't exactly world-class. Babel is the only one who has the real capability to become a world-class player; he's still only 21 but to do that he's gotta be more consistent in his form and crossing. He's great in the sense that he scores goals pretty regularly and that he must keep up.

true, though im not a liverpool fan, i gotta admit, the reds squad can rival any in the world, i think the best man to do the job on the wings now for them is indeed babel, but he needs competition, someone world class, perhaps bastian or david silva?

ps. dunno how to spell his name hence is used bastien :D

Haha its S-C-W-E-I-N-S-T-E-I-G-E-R. Oh yes i've been salivating at the thought of him just coming to the BPL, especially after he declared interest personally. The only scenario where i will not relish the thought of him joining a BPL team wld be that he joins MU. Of course, to me the best case scenario wld be to join Liverpool. Get Silva in and we'd have the 2 wing wizards of EURO 2008. Babel still has time to develop and i predict he will be giving these 2 more established players a run for their money, especially given his goalscoring record. Add that to the fact that he can play on both wings and u basically got much improved quality on the wings, with great backup in the forms of Kuyt, Babel.

Rumors of Silva and DIC now.
I welcome them both!

Up for the new season, Torres and Keane, Kenny and Kevin !

I really hope Silva does come in, we need some real class on the flanks. Dirk Kuyt? Nah. Jermaine Pennant? Fast but inconsistent. Yossi Benayoun? Classy enough, but not fast enough nor can he cross that well. Ryan Babel is our only real class player on the flanks. With Silva and Babel on the left and right flanks respectively, we can really hope to improve the supply line to Torres and Keane that much more, and Gerrard will have more space to work in midfield, and also less pressure on THE MAN.

Another rumour fresh off the press is that Benitez is interested in Joe Cole. Well, why not? He's got real class, has the speed and trickery reminiscence on ppl like Ronaldo, Figo and Donadoni and can score goals. He'll be a great addition, although it makes me wonder where Ryan Babel will fit in, as he has the talent to become a true great.

Me thinks Liverpool will not be signing Barry now. And Rafa is really pissed with the whole transfer saga, the 2 American Idiots and Rick Parry who makes a habit of screwing up transfer deals.

Here's part of his interview taken from liverpool.tv. You can sense his frustrations from his comments.

Do you expect to make any more signings before the end of the transfer window?

Really, I don't know. We will continue working and then see.

Is any deal for Gareth Barry dead given the fact he played in the UEFA Cup?

I will try to be very clear because I would like to talk about the next games and Sunderland. Everybody has been talking and it is clear some newspapers and journalists – and all our supporters know this – blame me for everything: global warming; rises in petrol prices; everything. In this case, I want to be clear: since I talked with Martin O'Neill in April, I didn't talk with anyone else at Aston Villa. All the talks have been between Rick Parry and the owner and chief executive of Aston Villa – and they have been pretty good. If someone wants to talk about Barry in the future, they will have to talk to the owner or chief executive of Aston Villa, or Rick Parry. I was not doing to talks about Barry; I was not doing to talks about Alonso and Arsenal.

Has the situation been frustrating for you?

If you want to talk about players, you have to talk to Rick Parry; if you want to talk about football, talk to me.

:eek:

Sure partnerships need time to gel, let's hope for the best.

Highly doubt Barry would be coming now, eh?

Given the transfer situation, I think Rafa may have to give up on Barry, and stick with Alonso (which he did very well last night). He will use the remaining kitty to buy a left winger now. Given his budget, don't expect big names though.

a screamer from el nino.
but a very sloppy start for the Reds.
hopefully next week's home game will bring the best out of Keano.
Boro watch out.

Who said Alonso wasn't good?

I'd prefer Alonso to Barry.

Liverpool needs quality in the flanks! I mean, Benayoun and Babel are good... But the rest? :/

Our central midfield is already world-class. Think Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Leiva. We need no Barry.

Back