If you're not into Led Zeppelin, why the hell not?

my first music was black dog...tat famous riff...then i realised they had a song titled dyer maker, which is a song sean kingston ripped from...

but I can't listen to a full song. It just doesn't seem to inspire anything in my bones...

hm, shreddy I used to share the same sentiments. I mean, what's great abt Led Zep besides that minor-emotive starting riff from Stairway to Heaven? Right? I actually downloaded LZ's first 4 albums from some friends in the states, but the songs never caught on.

4 yrs on from first listening to them, and I have to eat my words/thoughts. I caught Good Times Bad Times on the plane earlier this year, not knowing that it was a Led Zep tune, and I loved it to bits. I was pretty surprised, and decided to take a listen to Led Zep I (first album) again when I returned home, and I do think they were a pretty damn good band. Their hooks/riffs are pretty cool, and the evolution of their music is quite a trip as well - if you bother sitting down to listen to the various albums in sequence.

Jimmy Page - I had never held him in high regard, and I still don't consider him a guitar virtuoso from the perspective of technique/speed. He's one of the sloppiest, famous rock guitarists, but he has a touch that isn't the easiest to emulate. There's a certain grease in his playing that makes me want to listen more. Alot of minor pentatonic runs, admittedly, but somehow he's got an x-factor.

watch jimmy page play his les paul in the olympics and you will want to listen to led zeppelin. Haha. I got influenced by him that i wanted to have a pony tail after NS. HAHA XD

watch jimmy page play his les paul in the olympics and you will want to listen to led zeppelin. Haha. I got influenced by him that i wanted to have a pony tail after NS. HAHA XD

haahha no offence dude.. but if u're impressed by that performance, i'd say u'll probably be impressed by anything.. it was just an ordinary mediocre whole lotta love performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUpdBvu3Vo

this is by far the most impressive i've seen jimmy page.. jpj also sick as hell..

haahha no offence dude.. but if u're impressed by that performance, i'd say u'll probably be impressed by anything.. it was just an ordinary mediocre whole lotta love performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUpdBvu3Vo

this is by far the most impressive i've seen jimmy page.. jpj also sick as hell..

Okay, that may be mediocre but the way jimmy page plays in the olympics, it was really charismatic of him. Okay, he had been playing with his style all these years, but the olympics was the first time I really got to know jimmy page, that's why i got so affected. In fact, I also bought his autobiography: Magus, Musician, Man from Page One, Vivo City. HAHA.

Led Zeppelin's just hasn't wowed me the way Sabbath has. Sure they have some awesome songs that I listen to from time to time, but Black Sabbath topples them in my opinion.

Led Zeppelin has always been a cornerstone in my musical journey.

Diversity was their hallmarks, dark and spooky (No Quarter), ballads (Rain Song), arabic (Kashmir), bluesy (Since i've been loving you), raw power (Black Dog and Immigrant song)...etc.

One big black mark would be the heroine addiction of Page, which really made him even sloppier after the mid 70s but the weird and ironic thing is that his sloppy ways kinda set him apart from his peers and conjured a certain vibe to his sound.

Well...like what Paul Rodger would say, JP's the son of the devil on 6 strings. :twisted:

Back