If you're not into Led Zeppelin, why the hell not?

being more senior and older than most of you guys here, I saw The Song Remains the Same in the cinema back in 1980 where you see everything on the big cinema screen. Took me a while to learn the intro to Stairway to Heaven the old school way by rewinding the cassette tape and using my ears to figure out the parts :)

I was into punk and ska at that time too but they can never match Led Zep in terms of music .

Cheers
purplehaze3691

For some reason or another, i just didn't find Led Zep appealing. So yea, to date the only song i've heard from them is the world reknowned Stairway to heaven.

lars_ulrich said:
wow that was a quick reply. yes we dont care about them. oh and one more thing, i believe that led zep were probably stoned most of the time, even during recording sessions, so maybe the fact that artises arent getting high anymore has to do with the lack of led zep kinda music.
And maybe the fact that artists today aren't getting so stoned means that the music today is nowhere near as exploratory and experimental...

Mr_X said:
dammit...HMV is a rip off place. to think i so happy when i got it....
Don't shop at HMV unless you have to. Gramophone so much cheaper. I will never go into HMV unless there is no other option. And Tower too. Rip off.

Ok - personal preference then, like all things.

But I guess this is a relatively unknown band then, so they won't really qualify as candidates for World's Greatest Ever rock band. in this category I'd include international touring globe trotting giants like Zeppelin, U2, Metallica, GNR, Beatles, Oasis, etc.

well they're mostly Japan's greatest rock band. (x japan fans are going to KILL me. but hey, it was said x japan was greatly influenced by Seikima II.)

if u're talking about World's greatest rock band. I would go for Led Zep or GnR. The rest like U2, Metallica, Beatles & Oasis don't seem to make the cut for me:

- U2 is too much on Bono & the Edge.
- Metallica would more appropriately fit the Greatest Metal band category (some may disagree, who am I to argue otherwise? :p)
- Beatles too mainstream. Greatest band perhaps.
- Oasis... nah. Nominated greatest band but probably losing out to Beatles.

Led Zeppelin......... a legend, man....... :wink:

this band influenced a lot of late 80s n early 90s bands......... these late 80s n early 90s bands influenced late 90s n early 2000s bands n this contiune on n on ........

so in short....... wifout Led Zeppelin, rock music won't be wat we r hearing now.......

they DO did some impact 2 the music we r hearing.......

no hard feeling........ just personal view.......

:twisted:

well i just find page hell boring. no offence to fans but its seriously how i feel when i listen to led zep. i guess to each his own.

Back