If you're not into Led Zeppelin, why the hell not?

i think led zep is really boring. no offence but somehow i just cant even stand listening to a whole song of theirs. more into dp, dio, whitesnake and rainbow.

I'm on the same strange side as you...

While I understand they be pioneers, legends and what not - respected alrighty...

but I can't listen to a full song. It just doesn't seem to inspire anything in my bones...

thats because the 300million albums they've sold. at least half of them who bought it were high on lsd or what ever. its basically taste in music. its alright to say that led zeppelin is boring cos thats ur opinion. but fact remains their influence on rock and roll is vast.

Led Zep is a progressive band. They are not a rock band. Like most progressive bands, you need to know that in order to better appreciate their music. They were influenced by blues, blues-rock, folk - perhaps there were other genres that influenced them.

They gotch mandolin, keyboards, flute and lots of acoustic guitars in their repertoire.

They had one of rock music's best guitarist.
They had one of rock music's best drummer.
They had one of rock music's best lyricist, singer, and stage persona.
They had one of rock music's most talented multi-talented musicians in John Paul Jones.

Dismiss them at your own loss. :cool:

They have pretty good song arrangements and guitar riffs, but some songs are a tad bit self indulgent. They are quite experimental which I appreciate.

hmmm. Of all the pioneers like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin & Pink Floyd, I only listen to Pink Floyd.

hmmm. Of all the pioneers like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin & Pink Floyd, I only listen to Pink Floyd.

i only listen to some of the songs from deep purple...but i aint into the rest of them. LZ is way too slow to get any adrenaline pumping for me. no offence. and prob one of the reasons i'm listenin to metal now is cos my mom listened to deep purple last time while my dad digs led zepplin. ok that had no link watsoeva :D

the bands that were named were only a small percentage of what was even greater back in the days of late 60s to early 70's.

There were many more not commercialized bands that were greater musically. They were just not appreciated by many, and
bands greater in technicality and progression like KING CRIMSON , YES, GONG , WAR, older Santana stuff ,The Mahavishnu Orchestra and many others win in all terms of music. Jazz and experimentation were heavily influenced just as heavy blues like Brother Jimi, The Doors and Janis Joplin were. Ahh so mighty they were. The times of great musicians has declined tremendously over the years. blame it on modernisation and globalisation.

hey kids please do go listen to those bands than the lately crappy commercial stuff we have these days.. Do your research and go indepth and open your freaking minds and hearts towards music and not stick to one genre please. Music is soo universal. Kudos to Womad and Mosaic Festivals.

Still i remain contented with the remaining musicians that are available but just not known to the masses because they all just do not know how to appreciate. Poor fellows. With acts like Simple plan and Lost prophets hitting the airwaves, im quite sad really to see 'talent' showcased like that here in singapore. Weird.

Just my opinions lately..:)

That is Jimmy page for sure......

I think his dancing & swaying is more suitable for Led Zep songs....:D

Cause Layla is kinda popish to me......not enough space and tension like a Led Zep Song...

One thing about Led Zep style is that it allow a lotsa space & time for improvising etc..:)

i believe thats the ARMS concert. jimmy had just quit heroine and i think was suffering some major withdrawal or something. just go see the stairway to heaven and u can see him drooling like a retard.

I think comparing Led Zep with bands like Deep Purple is unfair bcos Led Zep is blues-based while Blackmore was (is?) into that hungarian minor shit (I am not dissing, ok). Yeah, listening to a whole album in one sitting can be mentally exhausting but that goes for most hard rock music, no? I find that being pissed at something helps...lol. Try Physical Graffiti and see what I mean. Anyway, I think Page and co are more of a booze than a drug-induced band. Hey u guys hear that they are rehearsing for some reunion thing? Saw the pics in a mag recently. Couldnt help laughing at Page's appearance...he looked like some japanese conductor in a symphony orchestra. He doesnt age well. What with the snow-white hair lah!

Last edited:
Achilles Last Stand & The Ocean.All time favourites.=) N did u guys know that sean kingston remake Led Zep's Dyer Maker to the song me love?grr...

cheers.

Last edited:
Love Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love and Over the Hills and Far Away! Wonder what its like to live during the 80s man. When u get to hear great bands such as Led Zep, AC/DC on the radio. hmmm

Love Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love and Over the Hills and Far Away! Wonder what its like to live during the 80s man. When u get to hear great bands such as Led Zep, AC/DC on the radio. hmmm

dude... led zeppelin broke up in 1980. 70s u mean.

i'm a black sabbath fanatic. grew up listening to them. and deep purple, just bcos of john lords. never really fancy ritchie that much.

only really starts listening to led zeppelin when i was inmy 20s, well after i have gone pro. can still recalled the day i'm supposed to play stairways to heaven on stage for the first time and i only learned it the day before.

like most 70s rock bands, their songs are blues-based, a legacy of rock and roll era of the 50s and 60s. pentatonic-based songs abounded, agree. led zeppelin followed similar formulas. the difference? john paul john. genius. not jimmy page.

balck sabbath, man, they are intense, bros. dark and edgy, the ancestor of metal. i mean, what not to like about ozzy?

my 2 cents.

john paul john. genius. not jimmy page.

yes john paul jones was a genius. absolutely genius. just hear black dog. please dont forget abt john bonham. ppl dont respect page because hes sloppy. really sloppy. but he was an excellent studio musician. jimmy page i figurehead for me in guitar because i like his creativity and style of playing.

to me the only forefathers are black sabbath and led zeppelin. i have utmost respect for tony iommi. but sorry i just dont like ozzys voice. (personal preference). but i loved it when he teamed up with randy rhoads.

yes john paul jones was a genius. absolutely genius. just hear black dog. please dont forget abt john bonham. ppl dont respect page because hes sloppy. really sloppy. but he was an excellent studio musician. jimmy page i figurehead for me in guitar because i like his creativity and style of playing.

to me the only forefathers are black sabbath and led zeppelin. i have utmost respect for tony iommi. but sorry i just dont like ozzys voice. (personal preference). but i loved it when he teamed up with randy rhoads.

ozzy's vocal prowess (or lack of) is an acquired taste, i think. and he has only 2 moves -- 1. the clapping thingie and 2. running ard the stage like a madman (he is, isnt he?)....:)

robert plant is THE rock singer. charismatic vocalist with an attitude to go with it. led zepelin, in music speak, is a showband. fantastic live sets they did. deep purple too.

these 70s rock bands, man, they were immense. today's bands cant do it like these guys did. even after 30-40 years, we still talk about them. that say alot about their influences on the music we play and listen to now.

tommi iommi is my idol. an awesome player who knows when to solo and when to pull back. just listen to his rhythmn playing. awesome! to me, 2nd guitar is as important than a 1st guitar. you cant solo without a solid rhythmn section behind you.

these guys are getting on in years. they are legends. get to know their music before they are gone.

ps.. steely dan. know them?

Back