If you're not into Led Zeppelin, why the hell not?

:D

Wasn't starting a fight - just a little bit of pushing and name-calling. :)

I love Nirvana - and Led.

I guess Led has now passed into the halls of 'Classic Rock' which some might consider mainstream, but you gotta think about them in context of the time when they emerged - in the late 60s their sound was as radical to the listening public as Black Metal is to you average Britney Spears fan is today.

I love Led, but I only have one song at the moment.
The Immirgrant Song. :lol:
Robert Plant is one sexay beast. :lol:
AC/DC rocks hard too.

I wonder why nobody ever mentioned Cream on these 'greatest band ever' kind of thread. :?: Clapton is the one who popularize (if not invented) the Les Paul-into-Marshall-in-10 equation and the ever popular Marshall crunch. They are arguably the ones who invented hard rock. They stayed as a group for a mere 3 years, but they have a very deep influence on the following rock scene. Cream even introduce Hendrix to the big scene when they invited him to play during one of their concert.

Bruce, Baker, Clapton, legend.

Cheers,
~alamsemu

hahaha....Led Zeppelin sure influenced a lotta bands.....i heard there were new bands like air zeppelin , led zeppelin II or something? i am not so sure

Led Zeppelin II is their second album, and probably one of their best. The lemon song and bring it on home were the numbers that made me pick up the guitar in the eighties and nineties during my student days.

As for Nirvana.. the less said the better. Nirvana and MTV destroyed good rock music as I know it. Only my opinion, btw.

yeah i totally agree man. led zeppelin defined rock and roll. people dont realise but it was robert plant that started that psycho super high pitched singing that AC/DC, axl rose and the majoirty of the rock bands in the 80s. i tell all my friends who dislike led zeppelin, like it or not they influenced so many of the bands we're listening to nowadays and without them music will sound nothing like it is today

Growing up in the 70's I was really into Deep Purple, and didn't care much about Led Zeppelin.
I just loved the heaviness of DP's music.
And the first thing I learned on guitar was the bassline for "Child In Time".
I guess that's what started me into heavy metal, moving on to Sabbath and Maiden, and stuff.
It took me quite a number of years later to start listening to Led Zep's music.
All because one of the bands that I was playing in at the time wanted to cover D'yer Mak'er.

I like some of their stuff, "No Quarter" being my favourite.
But never been a really big fan of theirs.
Bonzo was a great drummer, and together with John Paul Jones they were a solid rythm section.
Robert Plant, never liked his voice, especially live.
Jimmy Page, he's good on acoustics but way too sloppy on electric to make me listen to his playing for half and hour straight.
And that reminds me that I took a whole week to finish watching "The Song Remains The Same" DVD I bought a few years ago.
I can't watch it in one sitting, I just get bored after a few songs.
That shows you what Led Zep's music does to me.

Sorry all you Led Zep fans out there.
But Bonzo is still one of my idols though.

Hmm.

Er.. since 05? Anyway... I've practically got everything Led Zeppelin brought out, in terms of studio albums and live albums... only DVD I haven't got is TSRTS... but I've got the audio remastered version for that! AND I've already learned how to play 'Celebration Day' whoo! Took a while though.

I am great Led Zeppelin Fan....glad to see this thread....

My favourite song is Achillles last Stand....and the song remains the same.....I think the reason that some of them can't appreciate is cause of not having enough exposure....

Cause this is one band you can't miss if you are into rock....cause if will to talk about rock...not knowing Led- Zep you just can't get you into the conversation....

Just like once ERic Clapton said...you need to really know Robert Johnson and appreciate his playing.....if not....it is hard to talk blues with Him...

Something like that....you need to know the roots...you see...

i think led zep is really boring. no offence but somehow i just cant even stand listening to a whole song of theirs. more into dp, dio, whitesnake and rainbow.

No offence la...i also am very much into DP, Rainbow, whitesnake, dio too..hehe..

I know what u mean...when I first into Led-Zep..I felt the same...I find their songs boring..hehe

But i ask myself..why are they such a legend if their music is so boring..so i did not give up.....just keep listening to their stuff......until to a stage i begin to understand and appreciate.....then i realise their music is deep..much deeper then any of the above...

their music is not so surface....need to really understand their style..where they r coming from....their music takes lotsa time to appreciate.....not like DP, Rainbow all that...very easy to like and appreciate...

some of their songs i may have to listen to as much as 30 times or more to really appreciate...hehe

Last edited:
Back