Humming 1spot

sanXp

I just realised that 1 of my 2 1spots hum. It's a weird hum cos the hum is always there on the amp, even when the volume is at minimum. The volume of the hum does not increase with the volume knob. Same when I plug my board to the line in of my sound card, except that the hum is louder. Anyone else experiencing this? It doesn't seem like I can open it, there's no screw, if not I can try fixing it myself..

i experience this when i plug in to my sound card. happens to my J&H, can't put the gain anywhere past 12 o'clock. After that, it hums like a bitch, even witih low vol. makes recording a bitch to do. no problem when i plug it into my amp though.

superkicky said:
Do you have any Line6 pedals in your chain?

I suspect this might be the issue as well. If I'm not wrong line6 pedals use a rated voltage of 9.6V for their power supply. I've tried using a onespot with them, just for the sake of neatness on my board, but the hissing and humming joins in the fun. Best to stick with the stock line6.

If this is not the issue...

Another factor from my experience....are you using a daisy chain with unplugged ends?

Or you might just have a bad onespot. Send it back.

Hope your problem gets solved soon! :)

If you have a bad 1spot, you can send it back for an exchange if it's within a year of purchase. I did mine at G77 with no problems :)

However I'm not sure if Line6 pedals use the full 9.6V as rated (if it really says that)... more likely than not they're factoring in some headroom for the effect. You can just get another 9V adaptor for the Line6 only and it should be fine.

+1 for the unplugged ends. I had an end touching my pedalcase once and I couldn't figure out where the buzz was coming from until I accidentally kicked the pedalboard and moved it out of place :roll:

ok this sounds very very dodgily familar.

if you have humm problems AND you have a line6/tonecore pedal(s) in your daisy chain, the problem lies within the line6/tonecore pedals. i experienced a buzzing when i daisy chained my echopark with my other fx on a ps25 pedalboard. then following the advice of the lau jiaos, i one-spotted my echo park and voila, no more buzz/humm. try that. dedicate one onespot for your line6/tonecore pedal and it will solve most of your problems.

then again if your amp isnt properly grounded, then refer to the sticky thread wrt grounding of the pins. yup

superkicky said:
+1 for the unplugged ends. I had an end touching my pedalcase once and I couldn't figure out where the buzz was coming from until I accidentally kicked the pedalboard and moved it out of place :roll:

I heard from a friend that if you tape up the unplugged ends with masking tape or electrical tape it should solve the buzzing just fine.

I had the same experience nickyseow was refering to, I tried using the onespot with the echopark....but still there was noise and hiss, with the line6 power supply no such problems.

you tape the extra ends of the one spot to prevent them from accidentally shorting out if they touch metal.

Try to seperate your onespots. dun share any of the connections with the line 6 pedals. use 1 one spot for line 6 only. one for the other. should be able to solve the prob.

excellent advise my young padawan. fast you learn.

ciel said:
you tape the extra ends of the one spot to prevent them from accidentally shorting out if they touch metal.

Try to seperate your onespots. dun share any of the connections with the line 6 pedals. use 1 one spot for line 6 only. one for the other. should be able to solve the prob.

Hi, i am using an uber metal & echo park in my board, i get this noise coming on & off ...croak...croakcroak....., (i am using one 1spot adaptor with 2 daisy chains to power all 9 pedals at one go. I also tried using the line6 9.6V adaptor dc-1 to power just the E.P. but to hear the same noise again.....haiz....

I thought it was the echo park giving problems, but transfer the E.P to another board with 5 other non-line6 pedals, this time using 1 spot again, the strange intermittent noise didn't come on,
Does anyone know what's wrong ah? oh man....

1 power supply to 1 line6 pedal.

I repeat.

ONE power supply to ONE line6 pedal.

Anything else, you're on your own.

siaoguitar said:
Hi, i am using an uber metal & echo park in my board, i get this noise coming on & off ...croak...croakcroak.....

Take the frog out of the signal chain ;)

hahaha lol frog!

hmm but seriously, do follow edder's advice, and/or the advice as above mentioned by yours trully and ciel. haha

i used to experience a problem with 1spot

theres this constant sound on off as described as FROG

which i joke it to be like a metronome

got it replaced by our kind uncle dennis

I used to power the Uber-metal with a chorus, compressor and delay, with one loose end.

Dead silent.

Maybe as said, you just got a bad one.

Aha. No, I do not have any line6 pedals, no it is not affected by gain, it doesn't matter if I use it with or without daisy chains it STILL hums (cos my other 1spot doesn't hum at all)

And I think it's quite old already. I got it from MrMisse. My 1st 1spot.

Back