how do you start loving football club?

oh yes, who doesn't like to make love!

LOL!! Oh believe you me, there are people like that who exist in this world. But usually, the reasons behind it are very deep-rooted.

So you say you don't support any one particular club. So, which league do you like best? BPL/Primera Liga/Bundesliga/J-League/Serie A? Actually, I've found out that sometimes it can be nice to watch football without supporting any team in particular. Occasionally, I find that I enjoy my football more when watching Bundesliga, Serie A & La Liga & I think it's becoz I'm not a supporter of any club in these leagues.

Last edited:
Oh wooo yeah!! Great corrupted minds almost always think alike, right?

yeah baby .. but keepin tack of you over several threads so difficult lah - hene why we need to meet in KKNers

cmon - U know u WANNA :mrgreen:

Well lets see..I started watching Liverpool play back when I was in Sec 3 and Michael Owen was just a 17yr old making a name for himself. And since then, been keeping track of their progress. But I have to admit I'm not a diehard Liverpool fan. I watched their matches but I don't buy their jerseys. And I also dun like bragging about how damn good my team is. I have respect for other teams in the league like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc cos that's entertainment and thats what makes football a beautiful game.

Its great that Liverpool improved progressively under Rafa and even if they dun win the title this year, I'm pleased with their performance this season and I can say they are serious title contenders next season.

On a side note, I'm a diehard Lions supporter since the M'sia Cup days when Singapore was playing as a club back then. :)

yeah baby .. but keepin tack of you over several threads so difficult lah - hene why we need to meet in KKNers

cmon - U know u WANNA :mrgreen:

Yeah!! I know what you mean! Got headache going back & forth these threads!! eyes all turning orange from the confusion!

KK, i shall try to get into KKNers now..But must be nice to me ah. I'm a newbie afterall ;)

lovehurts: EPL is the one for me. mainly cos it's faster-paced, without forsaking technique altogether. Also, it's not a 2-horse race like most other leagues. More competitive.
I'm hoping tt all the world's best players join the EPL and then we'll have a real feast.
Keeping my fingers crossed waiting for Kaka, Ribery n Messi.

day that an empire falls... hmm i cant wait to see that with man utd.. dont say never, it's only sooner or later

i grew up liking italian football, cause my brother watched italian more than english. so i like juventus much. that was 10 years ago. zidane, edgar davids, nedved, trezeguet, del piero...man. those were the days. my brother likes inter milan, so yeah, rivals, but not so rivals.

then i became fan of chelsea because my aunt gave me a zola jersey.=.-"

then few years later suddenly i remember, i was going thru teletext, suddenly i saw arsenal on top of english league. then arsenal became my fav english team though i've never watched them play. POSER =P. but yeah after watching them play, even a harder fan.

then i started watching spanish. loved barca because, they may not have galacticos but still are champions.

so yeah.

Ever since the days when Michael Owen scored freely for Liverpool.

He was my childhood soccer hero and I actually aspired to be like him, but alas, the sheer fact is I'm shitty. :D

Start off supporting Singapore (Malaysia Cup days).
Players like the late borhan, fandi, kadir yahya, david lee, malek awab are true professionals even though playing for singapore in malaysia cup is not full time for them.

Nowadays just don't have the desire to watch singapore play.

lovehurts: EPL is the one for me. mainly cos it's faster-paced, without forsaking technique altogether. Also, it's not a 2-horse race like most other leagues. More competitive.
I'm hoping tt all the world's best players join the EPL and then we'll have a real feast.
Keeping my fingers crossed waiting for Kaka, Ribery n Messi.

hey Vaiyen, are u a Utd fan? No? Yeah, i'd kill to have Kaka play in the EPL & of coz the 2nd best player in the world, Lionel Messi. That guy is just oozing pure talent. And he's only like 20, i think?? But i doubt he will be leaving Barca anytime soon. Barca have done waaaay too much for him. He'd probably stay loyal to them for as long as possible.
Yes, I agree that the EPL is not a 2-horse race like most leagues, especially the Scottish league where it's either Celtic or Glasgow Rangers season after season. Plus, in my opinion, the EPL is the best & most entertaining league in the world right now becoz it has got the best players from all around the world. Not many Englishmen play in the EPL. Most clubs have so many foreign talents..Just look at ARSENAL...Classic example right there. 97% foreigners.

I started supporting Manchester United back in 1995/1996 because it was the in thing to do back in primary school... and Cantona is uber cool.

I wasn't into soccer for the next couple of years till i got myself Singapore Cable Vision, started watching EPL again. I was mesmerised with Arsenal's Emmanuel Petit's pony tail for some strange reason. My dad got me Arsenal's then-season's home jersey (a rare JVC-less jersey) and i got Petit printed at the back... and the rest is practically history.

hey Vaiyen, are u a Utd fan? No? Yeah, i'd kill to have Kaka play in the EPL & of coz the 2nd best player in the world, Lionel Messi. That guy is just oozing pure talent. And he's only like 20, i think?? But i doubt he will be leaving Barca anytime soon. Barca have done waaaay too much for him. He'd probably stay loyal to them for as long as possible.
Yes, I agree that the EPL is not a 2-horse race like most leagues, especially the Scottish league where it's either Celtic or Glasgow Rangers season after season. Plus, in my opinion, the EPL is the best & most entertaining league in the world right now becoz it has got the best players from all around the world. Not many Englishmen play in the EPL. Most clubs have so many foreign talents..Just look at ARSENAL...Classic example right there. 97% foreigners.

No, i'm a neutral. I appreciate football for what it is. It would be a waste if i only support 1 team and close myself to what other teams can offer.
And to me, Messi is e best in the world ;p

No, i'm a neutral. I appreciate football for what it is. It would be a waste if i only support 1 team and close myself to what other teams can offer.
And to me, Messi is e best in the world ;p

Cool :cool: Well, I support Man Utd obviously but I do like to be in the know about what the other teams are offering. I mean, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool are all amazing teams as well. I just happen to support Man Utd.

Messi is the best in the world? Well, like I always say, we're all entitled to our own opinions. There's no right or wrong opinion. That's the beauty of it. :D

that's why. football is meant to be appreciated and enjoyed. It never made sense to me that pple would choose a team to support and then hate all other teams. It takes away so much of the pleasure.
Messi is top in my eyes, and Ronny is damn helluva good too. His freekicks are fearsome.

that's why. football is meant to be appreciated and enjoyed. It never made sense to me that pple would choose a team to support and then hate all other teams. It takes away so much of the pleasure.
Messi is top in my eyes, and Ronny is damn helluva good too. His freekicks are fearsome.

I'm liking you, Vaiyen. You speak of the beautiful game with much sense & maturity. For me, dissing the other teams is part & parcel of being the fan of a specific club. It adds excitement, kinda like salt & pepper added to an already tasty dish.

Yes, both Messi & Ronny are football wonders. They've both got infinite talent & they're both deserving of worldwide attention from the footballing world.

Back