Arsenal Thread for all you Gunners fans

Our season appears to have collapsed at the Birmingham game after the horrific Eduardo injury and the penalty that never was. Not to mention our Captains breakdown. I honestly reckon that Gallas is not suitable captain material as I have mentioned before. Do u guys think Wenger should appoint new captain next season? Knowing Gallas tho, he may throw a fit if the armband was taken off him. What do u guys think le professor do? Should he retain Gallas as Captain or elect another player? Like Toure perhaps?

Our season appears to have collapsed at the Birmingham game after the horrific Eduardo injury and the penalty that never was. Not to mention our Captains breakdown. I honestly reckon that Gallas is not suitable captain material as I have mentioned before. Do u guys think Wenger should appoint new captain next season? Knowing Gallas tho, he may throw a fit if the armband was taken off him. What do u guys think le professor do? Should he retain Gallas as Captain or elect another player? Like Toure perhaps?

Ahakz bro, sorry to say this, we already mention abt Gallas captaincy and Eduardo injuries a few times, and lets hope we move on.....we already wounded rite now on how the season goin to end, so hope u don add salt to the wound again, most of Gooners here already frustrated of not winning anything....

As for answer for what Wenger should do, he should find a dedicated leader, some1 who can be or close to be Mr Arsenal himself, Tony Adam.....some1 who pushes the team and give morale boost support when the team is not doing well.......and i hope wenger also find that sweet sweet weakness spot in his squad which is Senderos and put a price tag and sell him........

Toure should be captain,but i guess Wenger will still keep gallas as captain in the next season

Gooner.gif

Last edited:
Leaving the captaincy issue aside, I'm still not convinced on Gallas's performance though. He's good, but it's the inconsistency and the occasional lapse in concentration that worries me. He's an experience head but, i agree with you, i'd rather the captaincy go to kolo or cesc. It's weird that it's given to a player that has joined only for a year anyway. But Arsene knows, for some moments, alot of us thought it was a master stroke and he did lift 2 trophies in the pre-season tournaments and it did looked like a good sign.

As for Senderos, i think he's still a good player, everyone's calling for his head but who's the one who got Pato in his pockets? He's not consistent but neither is Big Ton at 23. I feel all the centre backs have faulted at some point this season so it's not one guy's fault.

Arsenal's Flamini wants £144,000-a-week
tribalfootball.com - May 02, 2008

Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is almost certain to leave on a free transfer this summer, insisting the Gunners must match the £144,000 per week currently tabled by Milan to persuade him to stay.

This astonishing wage demand reported by the Daily Mail would make the midfielder one of the highest paid players in the world. It would also surely signal the end for the player's time at Arsenal, who are notoriously stringent with their wage structure.

Italian giants Milan are able to table such high sums in wages due to no transfer fee being paid to the club for the Frenchman, as his contract expires at the end of this season.

It has been a long-running saga in which Italian rivals Juventus had long led the way, but Milan, seeking reinforcements for the aging Gennaro Gattuso and Massimo Ambrosini, look like they may have pipped the Old Lady to the 24-year-old.

lalalala :twisted:

lalalala :twisted:

wats with the lalala? too bad, if Arsenal not willing to pay, den he can go, remember Arsenal still have Denilson,and he has potential, there are others also can feel the gap....and i've been a fan of Arsenal for so long, from the day they have David Viera to Gilberto to Flamini n i can name the list even before Viera, don think ppl will even noe them....sorry to burst your bubble jeepers, lalala all the way u want, Arsene will find a way to fill that gap....
FYI, one of Arsenal great legend Liam Brady also a midfielder during his time is the Director of the Arsenal Youth Academy, so u know how the youth is nurture actually....the right way

Last edited:
Haha another Arsenal youth worth mentioning : Jack Wilshere. Dunno wat position he's in but he's dam gd! There's a youtube video titled Arsenal vs West Ham Reserves: The Jack Wilshere Show. If he's a CM there's a great replacement for Flamini, fast, great tackler, assist provider, goalscorer. Like Gerrard or Lampard. And he's only 16! 'O' Level student but only 1 tier below the senior squad. And Wenger might add him in nxt season. If so, then all other teams better watch out.

If he leaves, I'd be most happy. The Flamini - Fabregas combination in the middle of the park this season was quite sensational for Arsenal. Besides, if he wants to rip Arsenal off and use Milan's offer to blackmail Arsenal, I would rather him not stay. Seems like he's more interested in the cash.

Anyway, whether he goes or not, I'm pretty darn sure Wenger's gonna go into the market in the summer to strengthen the squad.

Which players in which positions do you Arsenal fans reckon Wenger would sign? And which players do you want to see Wenger sell?

Somehow I can see the name 'Senderos' coming up quite a fair bit. Heh.

jeepers: Arsenal should take David Villa request to join them.....For centre back, sell Gallas and use Song, he has proven worthy to partner Toure....

As for senderos, keep him till he fed up to stay, and sell him for free.....and i really hate players who need more and more money just to play....and if they are like Fifa nominee for world player of the year, i do not mind, but he is not.....hiya, sometime i just hate when wenger polish player and they never appreciate wat his done, i can name alot, not a few, alot....player who came to Arsenal den went off, never been successful , i say it again, not successful,is somehow like a curse....

Arsenal's Flamini wants £144,000-a-week
tribalfootball.com - May 02, 2008

Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is almost certain to leave on a free transfer this summer, insisting the Gunners must match the £144,000 per week currently tabled by Milan to persuade him to stay.

This astonishing wage demand reported by the Daily Mail would make the midfielder one of the highest paid players in the world. It would also surely signal the end for the player's time at Arsenal, who are notoriously stringent with their wage structure.

Italian giants Milan are able to table such high sums in wages due to no transfer fee being paid to the club for the Frenchman, as his contract expires at the end of this season.

It has been a long-running saga in which Italian rivals Juventus had long led the way, but Milan, seeking reinforcements for the aging Gennaro Gattuso and Massimo Ambrosini, look like they may have pipped the Old Lady to the 24-year-old.

do note that half the stuff that appears on tribal football are half as likely to be taken out of a football manager game.

In any case I hope Flamini stays, though Wenger should bring in at least one replacement (and not try to promote someone up) cause at least an experienced head will fit in straight away. Or reinstate Gilberto. Just keep him moderately feeling important and he will do quite well

I think he will not sell anyone, but keep the squad together for nxt season. He will definitely bring in some youth team players, Wilshere, Gibbs, Lansbury. Finally, some englishmen. Reports are also out that he wants Niko Kranjcar and Jean Makoun. As for Flamini, he's gone and signed the deal with Milan, looks like he's out. Oh well, it doesn't matter bcos i'm sure Wenger will bring in a better replacement.

Wenger should just buy Ribery and Vincent Kompany and of course a world class keeper.
Arsenal don't need villa at all.
They just need strong defense and strong midfield support.
Arsenal's scoring bench is too much compared to defense.
They have Walcott , Hleb , Fabregas , Rosicky , Eduardo , Diaby , Van Persie , Adebayor and Bendtner.

All of them are reliable scorers.
Defense is the main issue here.

i just hope that Arsene Wenger will get more defenders next season.
For me,i think that Manuel Almunia is good enough.just needs more experience and practice.he is only 31 and within the next 2 seasons he will get better.

Diaby and Bendtner are reliable scorers? Hmmm........interesting comment. No offence but i notice that when Diaby scores first, Arsenal usually go on to lose. And he's more of a DM, AM leave to Fabregas and Rosicky. As for Ribery, already got Hleb lar.....no need. As for the defensive department, Alex Song will replace Gallas if he continues playing this well. So no probs there. I really do think that Arsenal are one of the most complete teams in the world, and with backup frm their youth squad, they can only get better. Almunia is 'only 31'? Another interesting comment. But ok, he'll be gd for another 5 seasons at least. Fabianski looks a little too hesitant sometimes but he'll learn. Let's see how nxt season goes like.

Diaby and Bendtner are reliable scorers? Hmmm........interesting comment. No offence but i notice that when Diaby scores first, Arsenal usually go on to lose. And he's more of a DM, AM leave to Fabregas and Rosicky. As for Ribery, already got Hleb lar.....no need. As for the defensive department, Alex Song will replace Gallas if he continues playing this well. So no probs there. I really do think that Arsenal are one of the most complete teams in the world, and with backup frm their youth squad, they can only get better. Almunia is 'only 31'? Another interesting comment. But ok, he'll be gd for another 5 seasons at least. Fabianski looks a little too hesitant sometimes but he'll learn. Let's see how nxt season goes like.

Diaby is not a reliable scorer..i agree
No need for Ribery,we have Rosicky,Helb and Fabregas who is getting better everytime.we have a very good youth squad.Almunia is a good keeper,definately not as good as lehmann but he will get better as he plays more matches..
Indeed...next season will be better for the gunners..this is surely know:)

Hleb is going.Adebayor...maybe

The need for Ribery...maybe...unless they have another star striker

They already got Nasri and might sign Eto and Yaya Toure over from Barcelona.

Arshavin is coming to Arsenal.

If Arsenal gets Eto, Yaya and Arshavin, they should be complete.

Latest posts

Back