Arsenal Thread for all you Gunners fans

Oh well, it ain't over till the fat man blows the whistle. There are still two season-making matches yet: Man Utd vs Arsenal and Man Utd vs Chelsea. A win for Arsenal and a draw with Chelsea will blow the race wide open again. Though I have to admit that it's United's to lose now.

The most important thing to do right now for Arsenal, imho, is to get back that aura of self-belief. Arsenal need that confidence and purpose back in their play if they are to be in with a fighting chance.

Welcome back to earth Arsenal fans hehe
icon10.gif

It ain`t over yet.we will fight to the finish. just need to get their defence in place and get more confidence when in front of goal.

Gael Clichy believes Arsenal can still scoop the title if they win all their seven remaining games and dream a little.

The Frenchman saw his side slip to third, six points behind Manchester United after a highly disappointing 2-1 defeat at Chelsea on Sunday.

Of course the Premier League is not over yet; Sir Alex Ferguson's side still have to play both Arsenal and Chelsea. However Arsène Wenger's team are widely considered to be the outsiders of the top three.

Clichy is well aware the odds are stacked against Arsenal now but he is not giving up.

"Seven games mean there is a lot to do for them and for us," said the 22-year-old. "We just have to play the best football we can. If we win all the games anything is possible. But we have to be realistic and not drop any more points.

"We don't have to feel sorry for ourselves. We have to go to Bolton on Saturday, win there and try to make something happen. It is going to be difficult. We have to dream and believe in it.

"When you look at the table you see Man United are six points ahead of course the gap is open a little bit now. It will be difficult for us but we have a great team and great quality.

"There are seven games to go. We have to think positive. Maybe if we can win all those seven games then something can happen.

"For a few games now we have known that every match is a big one. We know we cannot afford to lose anymore points now. But like the boss says, it is a good opportunity to show everybody the strength in the team. So let’s go for it. I am sure with a bit of luck and lot of work we can still make it happen. It is going to be difficult but we have to believe in it."

Wah read today Newpaper

Gallas Shout: I have no real friend in Arsenal,only Chelsea....Really asking for it......arghhh

lol stupid gallas. first the crybaby incident now this

i believe he MIGHT have been misquoted though

noticed how he mentioned walcott, terry, lamps, cole and bridge only

all england players

Ok as usual, is pretty quiet in this thread...just wanna share or just wanna put salt to the wound.....im myself pretty much afraid this thing gonna happen

Rumour has it, even Hleb refuse to comment abt it, that he be joining Inter next season....and thats not all, Fabregas,Adebayor,Flamini, are looking to leave the club next season....So much for Adebayor saying to retire if Arsenal dont win any trophy this season......yuh this are rumour, but........pray hard they don break this team apart.....but as past years, when they leave, Arsene will always produce another rare gems

Last edited:
Toure committed to help end Arsenal´s trophy drought

Kolo Toure wants to stay at Arsenal for the rest of his career and help the Gunners end their trophy drought.

Toure, 27, remains positive about the future of Arsene Wenger's team, despite the late-season meltdown that saw them surrender first place in the Premier League and crash out of the Champions League at Liverpool.

With young talents like Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor flourishing at the Emirates Stadium, Toure sees no reason why Arsenal shouldn't end their three-year wait for silverware next season.

“I believe in this team, this club, I love this club I see Arsenal as part of my life now,” Toure told Sky Sports News.

“It would be difficult to leave this club, but in football you never know. The best thing for me would be to stay at Arsenal and win the Premiership again and win the Champions League.

“I really want to do that for the club as the club has never won it and to be the first people to win the Champions League you would be heroes, that is what I am looking for and if I have to spend my whole career at this club and win this trophy that would be amazing for me.

“I would love it to stay for life and if I can win all trophies that would be fantastic.”

Toure could be leading Arsenal in their bid for success next season after suggestions Wenger may take the captain's armband from William Gallas.

The Ivory Coast defender admits he would love to be Arsenal's skipper but he is happy to lead by example regardless.

“I would be really, really proud (to be captain), but that is not my first focus because for me I feel like a captain on the pitch,” he said.

“I know I have been there I am one of the oldest players in the squad now so naturally I feel like a captain and it doesn't matter if I have the armband of not.

“I just feel this club is in my heart it is my first club in Europe. I love the club, the fans and the people around so I am glad to play for this club

My View - Please, Arsenal need more ppl like u, those who come and dont feel like going anywhere

What worries me at the moment is that Flamini may be leaving. We need his tenacity in midfield. Hleb would probably be gone as well..at least he will be the easier to replace of the two. As disappointing as this season had been, it relly isn't too bad considering how before the start of the season everyone was predicting that Arsenal would be out of the top 4. I guess the season collapsed due to the lack of depth and experience in the squad. And I honestly don't like the idea of Gallas as captain. Gilberto or Toure would have made much better captains imo.

I'm from north of the border and one thing I have notices since coming over here to study, nearly everyone who claims to know anything about football is an MU fan..hmm...in fact I have only met one fellow gooner since coming over. Back home it's true that there were more MU fans than others but there was quite an even distribution still. For example if there were 20 football kaki's mayb 7 will be MU fans, 6 Liverpool, 6 Arsenal and the one Chelski fan:D

Gilberto or Toure would have made much better captains imo.

Yes but Gilberto looks past it and he's not guaranteed a starting place even if flamini leaves. Talking about Flamini.. looks like he's leaving although i'll wait until arsenal.com says it.. I reckon Toure/Cesc are frontrunners for the armband if AW decides to change captaincy. In fact, i thought Flamini looks a commanding figure and would be an ideal candidate actually.. oh well..

Last edited:
so much promise; so little acheived

Nobody gave arsenal any chance at the beginning of the season, some even quoted a mid-table finish, below spuds, relegation etc etc.. i believed they have achieved more than promised, at least with the money AW has spent.

Arsenal have alot of commited players and i hope that money does not drive them to other clubs..
But i believe that they will stick together as a Team and fight for silverware next season..:)

arsenal.png

Last edited:
Nobody gave arsenal any chance at the beginning of the season, some even quoted a mid-table finish, below spuds, relegation etc etc.. i believed they have achieved more than promised, at least with the money AW has spent.

YEAH BABY, tell it like it is!

Tottenham, Liverpool were supposed to finish above us. Since we only bought Sagna and Eduardo and even had the cheek to sell Henry.

man Utd , Liverpool, Tottenham spent the major moolah while we gooners were green with envy at the money being spent by you guys.

this season is a good season compared to last year, we are quite close to the potential champions in terms of points and hell, if not for the crazy injuries, we could have probably won something.

Back