Gear photos 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my pedal today during work but didn't have much time to thoroughly test it. I'll probably make make a video recording if I have the time.
I've not seen it sold anywhere else yet except for a few stores in UK since this Tuesday. I think it hasn't been launched officially (still no info on MXR's website). Anyway here's my brief take on the pedal which I am pretty impressed with. There are plenty to tweak with and you could adjust the internal trim pots as well. It took awhile to get around what I'm doing with it but it all made sense. You could activate the Octave Down without the fuzz kicking in but once engaged, the fuzz is warm and compressed. With the Octave turned down, it becomes a regular fuzz pedal. The Octave Up adds more clarity if you like. I favour it more compared to my EHX BigMuff toneWicker which sounded grittier.
As expected the Octave worked as it should but I can't compare as I've not tried anything similar i.e. POG etc.

Overall a happy purchase :) and the finishing on the case is nice, has a nice matte shin and pretty well built.
Damage to my wallet £149 :(

Slash_Octave_Fuzz_01Sig.jpg

3 led lights, makes it easier to see what is engaged. I find the blue led too blinding compared to the rest.
Slash_Octave_Fuzz_03Sig.jpg

Slash_Octave_Fuzz_04Sig.jpg

compared to SW95? I can't really give my account on it as I've only had short play and it was defective. I had to return it instead.
However this SC95 is going back to the basics I guess, without the distortion and takes in regular 9v.

I did a brief comparison between the GCB95 wah and the Vox Handwired. This one definitely has a wide sweep and feels more expressive. The highs doesn't sound too piercing, I though it was quite well balanced.

CrybabySC95_08Sig.jpg

Less flashy backplate

CrybabySC95_04Sig.jpg

CrybabySC95_06Sig.jpg

I like the looks of the hot rodded red one better, but 1 9v battery and minus that horrible distortion circuit- in my subjective opinion- makes this an awesome go-getter.

Looks like its gonna be a tough call between the JB signature wah and the new slash model...I wonder when Davis is gonna bring both of them in...

compared to SW95? I can't really give my account on it as I've only had short play and it was defective. I had to return it instead.
However this SC95 is going back to the basics I guess, without the distortion and takes in regular 9v.

I did a brief comparison between the GCB95 wah and the Vox Handwired. This one definitely has a wide sweep and feels more expressive. The highs doesn't sound too piercing, I though it was quite well balanced.

Less flashy backplate

thanks for your mini review! have fun!

Super signa drive is (Y)

The tone of this pedal is kinda thick, so it helps to beef up my single coil tele sound. I have heard the regular signa drive, it just sounds a little tad better to my ears, but without the boost switch. And the boost switch also has a big bottom to it, so it compliments my tele nicely too. But I will have a ep booster to pump the tubes further for my tubescreamer (as a booster) when using amp crunch as the main overdrive. This super signa drive is a substitute when I'm plugging into a clean channel amp when I do not like the dirt channel amp. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back