Gear Acquisition Syndrome Self Test

My score

Your GAS Diagnosis
Your Score:5 points

A mild case. Better lower that credit limit before you get yourself in trouble

:D

my score is 5 too. very shocking. my gas is no way, no way MILD.. its really raging.

haha not a very good test lah. the score is just how many yes's u put..

Your GAS Diagnosis
Your Score:8 points

A severe case. I'm personally authorizing your significant other to place you under house arrest. Music store visiting hours are limited to Saturdays between 10:00 and 6:00 and only with adult supervision.

and I thought mine is mild.. its severe.. need help here... any psychiatrist in the house? :p

I scored "4" for the test.
But this does not mean I'm not suffering from acute GAS.
This test seems to have missed out some questions like :

1) Do you visit music stores more than your in-laws?
2) Do you bring (smuggle)newly acquired gear home without the wife's knowledge?
3) Do you have so much gear that even your wife does not notice if a new one is added?
4) Do you store your gear in a self-help storage facility due to shortage of space?
5) Do you have gear in other places (friend's , office, church etc) ?
6) Do you crave for music magazines every time you pass by a newsstand?
7) Does your credit card statement always show Swee Lee, City Music , Davis etc (or even Paypal)?

Facepalm : I'm totally guilty!!! sob sob.

Your GAS Diagnosis

A severe case. I'm personally authorizing your significant other to place you under house arrest. Music store visiting hours are limited to Saturdays between 10:00 and 6:00 and only with adult supervision.

I always knew I had a problem too.

My score is 3. I guess I'm still satisfied with my gear, though they are not high-end. I'm not difficult to please but heck, I love my current gear! :cool:

Your GAS Diagnosis

[SIZE=+1]Your Score:8 points A severe case. I'm personally authorizing your significant other to place you under house arrest. Music store visiting hours are limited to Saturdays between 10:00 and 6:00 and only with adult supervision.[/SIZE]

But but but... I do only go to guitar shops duing those days and times!!!!!!!

but.. but.. the mouse.. click of a button can be deadly..
dangerous liason.. must hide mouse.. must hide mouse.. dtrulez, firebird sold already ah?

1) Do you visit music stores more than your in-laws? I Live with them all
2) Do you bring (smuggle)newly acquired gear home without the wife's knowledge? My wife is the one that hampering me to buy nice gear.
3) Do you have so much gear that even your wife does not notice if a new one is added? She knows her gear very well.
4) Do you store your gear in a self-help storage facility due to shortage of space? No
5) Do you have gear in other places (friend's , office, church etc) ? Yes. Office
6) Do you crave for music magazines every time you pass by a newsstand? No. the internet is my magazine
7) Does your credit card statement always show Swee Lee, City Music , Davis etc (or even Paypal)? Yes

:D
hehehe

Your GAS Diagnosis
Your Score:6 points

A mild case. Better lower that credit limit before you get yourself in trouble.

Your GAS Diagnosis

Die Liao!!!

1) Do you visit music stores more than your in-laws? YES
2) Do you bring (smuggle)newly acquired gear home without the wife's knowledge? NOPE BECAUSE SHE KNOWS EVERY GUITAR I HAVE
3) Do you have so much gear that even your wife does not notice if a new one is added? REFER TO ABOVE ANS.
4) Do you store your gear in a self-help storage facility due to shortage of space? NO I GOT A ROOM FOR MY GUITS.
5) Do you have gear in other places (friend's , office, church etc) ? NOPE I DONT KEEP MY GEARS AT OTHER PEOPLE'S PLACE.
6) Do you crave for music magazines every time you pass by a newsstand? NOPE I USE THE NET.
7) Does your credit card statement always show Swee Lee, City Music , Davis etc (or even Paypal)? NOPE BECAUSE MY WIFE CHIONG KONG MY CARD LIAO :(

Last edited:
You will get the type on either extreme and one in the middle but all of you are screwed for taking a survey to realize what you are .... or pretending to be !!

Back