For those who are taking their o lvls this year

no idea..lucky for me my SS teacher changed this year.. thought us all the skills.. havent perfected yer but its okay i guess.. hist still the same teacher.. im screwed.. lucky similair skills though

hifi_killer said:
hohohehehaha said:
hahahaha what are u guys doing? study la study, dont regret for your o levels cos olevels can determine what kind of grades u gonna get at a levels. seriously a level is so f***ed up. so many many many concepts to learn and i only got 4 weeks left. anyhow, o levels can chiong one la take 1 week and whack all topics, its damn simple to score for olevels. a levels really damn chiat lat la.. if u not in good junior college, all your lecture notes and tutorials are nonsense. if u go to a good jc, you will know whats the rate for u to mug not like some f***ed up schools. do your best and go to rj,hc,vj,ac,sa but dont go the rest cos they all f***ing no life. best go rj la.

so i'm guessing your in rj?

lecture notes and tutorial are nonsense in the not so good junior college? I checked Hci lecture notes, lets just say their notes are like 3 times thicker than the one i get in my jc. and half of its contents , you dont even come across it in the ten year series. Thats nonsense. No offence to any hci students. The school is only as good as its students.
Everywhere you go there will be people without anylife, and people living life on the edge, not fair to say the other jcs got no life. When it comes down to this time of the year, everyone has no life.

i guess if you DO look at rj notes, u will notice how much they make sure u understand all the concepts especially important for chemistry. this is indeed true. it can boil down to having a good environment = good grades. and no. i am not from rj but i wish i were there.

anyway, if u look at statistics, top jcs tend to have good pw grades as well, so sec4 pple just mug your way la. u wont know what will happen to your grades.

wangdexian said:
Yay, got 24/30 for compo! Hahahaha, wrote some shit about Mandy Moore LOL. Only one who passed the compre section with a score of 16/25. Highest in class with a B3. What crap. My L1R4 : 31. Hahahaha.

cool man. i screwed up my compo pretty badly. i got 15/30 for both sections. wtf. i scored 26/30 for the last common test then maybe i thought prelim want to repeat. but nvr happened and it plunged down badly. hahaha. anyways, my english overall got B4 cause my compre and oral covered up the marks.
my results
Eng B4
E.Maths A2
Phy/Bio B3
Malay B3 (use o'level one)
Geog B4
Hist/S.S D7
i dropped A.Maths since i sucked at it.

i think one important thing when studying is not to stress yourself out cause if you're trying to study 3 geog/history/ss topics within the last 2 hours that you have left, you will end up forgetting all the shit you have been trying to squeeze in your brain the next day. that's wat happen to me for my hist/s.s. so yeah, i hope all softies taking o's will do well.

so wat courses or jc you guys wanna go to?

for myself, im thinking mass comm if i score well in O's. i heard need 12 points right?

study hard, play hard. REST WELL.

Took my Os last year.
I regret slacking. Could have made it to mass comm with my languages but MATH KILLED ME. D7. ):

I kept procrastinating with the thought "The paper's next week, i still have the whole week to study! Fear not!". Then proceeds to enjoy the week like it's a holiday.

Then..."Paper's tomorrow! I can start at 3pm!". slack till 6pm "oh holy cow! it's 6! but it's okay, i think i shall power nap for an hour and wake up fresh to hit the books."

And..

"oh no.. overslept! 12 midnight. darn.. Fave TV show on now. Better watch or I'll have this feeling of regret throughout whole paper, sure cannot do well if i keep thinking about show!".

Later..

"Yawn.. Sleepy again. Better not study while i'm sleepy. won't absorb anything and i won't be able to concentrate during exam!"

6am in the morning..

"Shoot. why didn't i hear my alarm going off at 4am? I could have studied for 2 hours before getting read for school! But nevermind. Still got 5 mins before assembly after i reach school."

5 mins before assembly..

"Shouldn't cram now. or i'll forget what i've learnt the whole year!"..

That was how i lived my o level period.
PLEASE DON'T LEARN FROM ME. I was in denial and a pro in comforting myself when i didn't study.

look at what's left of me :cry:

<3 <3 <3

don't eat chocolates during Os too!

so calistar where are you now cause what u are doing is what i have been doing so i want to know where will i be... :lol:

ahhh i cant read alot of the posts. but thanks for the encouragements! HAHA.

i was crushed by my prelims. and i dropped amaths AND chem. so i have exactly 6 subs which I HAVE TO ACE! to get below 20 la. =( and all these pressure from everyone.

"u came into this sch with a high tscore. so u should be aiming for a target way higher. ur msg per sub should be 1.6!"

bleh bleh bleh. yet i have F9s! OMG.

my l1r5 is either 32 or 38 for prelims lah. damn. i hate myself.

and now's the intensive revision period. some classes have to stay back in school till 9pm everyday. and we even have classes on sats and sundays. as in long hours. sigh. please pray for us all. and i refuse to absorb mero's post. it's sooooo disheartening. LOL. 10 for prelims is like wahhhh.

press on!prelims is nothing..take it as a wake up call..remember study smart n hard.. will pray for the success of fellow softies who r taking the o this yr ok? :)

yep,its kinda true..prelims is usually harder it seems..but dun be too sure that o levels will b easier..just do ya best n study k? can make it surely! :wink:

BeCool said:
so calistar where are you now cause what u are doing is what i have been doing so i want to know where will i be... :lol:

dearest BeCool , :wink:

I'm a full-time fashion student now. lol.

If u are doing ur 10 year series and understand every question....then u are on the right track.....keep in mind memorising is not only the key....memorising, writing down notes and practicing is vital for success....trust me i been there.... :wink:

it is meant to b harder. prelims is there to scare the shit outta ye. so u quit life n start livin on books, test papers, notes etc.

My school believed in scaring the shit outta you early.

So we had two rounds of that. One during common tests, then another during prelims. Their rationale was since prelims counts towards the 1st three months, let's scare them earlier for earlier results! :lol:

Back