For those who are taking their o lvls this year

Yep I do actually, and I have a stack of notes on how to answer SBQ as well as source-based questions. I also have the JC notes for answering SBQ, there're a bit more in depth. :D

For answering SBQ;

1. State a point.

2. Point out an example from the source to illustrate the point.

3. Support your point with an argument, and if possible, quote something cheem (but RELEVANT and ACCURATE, please :lol: ) from the textbook.

4. Make your stand clear.

5. Repeat your point one more time.

6. Rinse, repeat all steps in order as neccessary.

Yeah that's about it.

In even simpler terms

Identify - Quote - Infer

:D

It differs from question to question though, but for writing a point, that's what you need to do.

A simpler version:

1) Answer the question directly (E.g. What do you think the speaker is trying to say? - The speaker means that XXXXX)

Be as specific as possible!

2) Quote evidence from the source to support your point.

That's all actually, I always score for SBQ =p

sbq?

1st :
answer the qn. yes or no.

2nd:
provide evidence to support ur view

3rd:
provide another factor aside from the view u just gave

4th.
evidence

5th
conclusion

Anyone wants a study session this Saturday? Hopefully we can make it one subject on that day so I don't need to lug all my old notes around, what's the O-levels timetable like?

If anyone needs help with the sec 3 ss or geog core syllabus for the Os, im open. haha

Also, highly unlikely, but if anyone needs english essay tutorials... :lol:

oops sorry I won't be able to make it this sat, how about sunday afternoon or evening (for those who have church in the morning or early afternoon)

Hopefully doing chemistry and physics first, I didn't take biology so I roped in a friend (ixora05) to tutor for that subject. Everyone is free to come! No money involved :D 1 person or 10 people we'll still help out

It'll be around the central area of Singapore to make it more convenient for everyone..... The BK near pennisula plaza is pretty quiet IMO, or any other fast food outlet around that area which isn't crowded should do fine :lol:

Oh ya btw those people interested might wanna list their names down so we can have a rough gauge of how many people are coming :D

for answering SBQ, u just have to use ur brains... there is of course a certain structure u have to more or less try and follow like establishing ur criterion and quoting and all. but ur answers shud be ORIGINAL and the structure that u have been taught canno be too rigid la. u have to look very closely at the dates and the context of the provenance cos often it really helps you to get the tone/purpose for the highest level.... so just use ur brains and answer... same for SEQ. its NOT just vommiting out what u have learnt. ur argument must be very STRONG!!!! in fact its the same for all the subjects....USE YOUR BRAINS!!!

meh Mero made it sound like my Bio is damn power. It's the only science I got an a1 for and I remotely remember what it's about so I can help. shall dig out all my old notes and my textbook. I can help for English too, but I don't think anyone needs help with that right?
anyway for me I had 23 at mid year exams, 13 at prelims and 11 at O's. I kind of didn't improve that much. but I made it to NJ by appeal. *heh* I am teh bad example. don't follow me k? All of you get your 6 a1's!

i can volunteer to teach too i guess..lol..hmmm..maybe i can help in a or e maths ah cos thats the only subjects that i still am familiar with..lol..

i change combi from pure science in sec school to arts stream in jc..so kinda forget a bit oredi wat i learnt in science.. :)

spink_grrl101 said:
i can volunteer to teach too i guess..lol..hmmm..maybe i can help in a or e maths ah cos thats the only subjects that i still am familiar with..lol..

i change combi from pure science in sec school to arts stream in jc..so kinda forget a bit oredi wat i learnt in science.. :)

Haha same here, I went to arts stream in JC, haven't touched science in a long time..... and college maths is like seriously killing me now..
what subject combination are you taking in JC? :D

Back