For Green Day fans

MichaelAngelo said:
MrE said:
ShredCow said:
This feels more "right" than tom delonge and his signuture Gibson...

yeah i give a lot more cred to Billy Joe than i do to Tom Delonge
hmm...how come ah? to me, both of them arent very technical in their playing, but until today, i still enjoy blink 182 songs a lot...as in the songs as a whole, very nice, trademark tunes they have, n those love songs they have are so touching...haha...i play hard rock/heavy metal, n my friends think im childish/gay cos i like blink 182...but i dun think i gotta act so fierce n denounce all the punk rock or watever just becos im playing metal/hard rock...lol...unrelated issues!

u're 1 lucky 1!my frens n 'frens' like punk rock n i'm labelled a weirdo cuz i choose hard rock/metal over punk rock...

haha. thats probably is the case with most ppl with different tastes in music. metal heads think punk & indie is crap where as punk and indie think metal is crap. i've got a friend who is into indie and keeps saying that metal players dont paly with feel, all just shredding. personally, i'm into metal but not screamo, and everytime i hear him say that, i just feel like slapping him. i mean c'mon, thats metal! fast guitar solos, mayb thats the way they play with feel or smt. different genres have diff ways of showing emotion.

charlestheguitarist said:
the black one in the pic was used on MTV awards...the sunburst one is his second most used LP jr..most conecrt i think he use the blond one...if that one come out..then we'll see..

Not blonde one la...it's white.

Let's see, people label Blink 182 lovers as gay 'becoz they've got too many love songs? I don't really know...Green Day had some songs about girls on their earlier records...but subsequently lessened...now you can hardly find any lovey songs on their records.

The Slash Signature has SD Alnico IIs in them and a fish man power bridge. Long tennon neck and the neck carve is to Slashe's specs with a plain maple cap other than that theres nothing much different except maybe better workmanship bt thn unless ur loaded 12k is a bit too much to pay for it imo. I love Gibbys bt its more a collector item than a player's guitar i tink.

I prefer Green Day. They seem to be moving on and improving, constantly changing... whats their new album labelled as? Punk Opera? Not my cup of tea but its an eye/ear opener to sit down and force myself to listen thru the album. Very interesting stuff... just not for me.

In anycase, Billy Joe has been around longer than Tom. Gibson gave tom a custom E335 because... he was popular. 5k for that bloody hollowbody with 1 bridge humbucker. You got to be seriously screwy to get that IMO.

Anyway. aye to ciel22...

epiphone has released the similar models at 1/10 the price :lol: :lol:

nah i'm not sure about the price but epiphone has the vintage sunburst model

GREENday!! although they arent really technically competent..they sure have stage presence!! :lol:

flash_tay said:
epiphone has released the similar models at 1/10 the price :lol: :lol:

nah i'm not sure about the price but epiphone has the vintage sunburst model

Really? Exactly the same look?

Keiith, I don't know what technically competent but stage presence, you are right on!

They diffinately know how to put up a show...Cought the American Idiot Tour in Melbourne. Was super awesome. Great use of the stage with fireworks throughout the show. They deffinately know how to get the crowd going.

Back