Floyd Rose ARMS(a successful attempt!)

hullabalooeeks

I have a RG570CT. MIJ. The FR arm was really loose as in it swings too freely.

So wad i did:

I remove the 2 white plastic brushings(if thats how u call it).

Apply my mama's nail laquer thingi(dunno wad is it called) on the metal underneath the brushings.

Waited around an hour

Put the 2 brushings back though the nail thingi is only semi hard. Den my itchy hands went to smear more of it at the at the parts of the arm which is hidden.

Waited until semi dry.

I forced the arm through the FR. Really tough(with the nail thing, it became too big...lol)... So i took lighter fluid and put some in the hole. Also used some fluid on a cloth and wiped the hidden area of the arm which i placed some nail lacquer earlier.

Put it back to the arm hole and viola! It works... It is smooth yet able to hold its position when u swing it up.

Pardon my sheer lack of proper instructions.

Thats nice hulla, but its only a temporary solution. And you will find that the nail polish wears off really quick.

Btw, you should have either an Edge or Lo Pro Edge... what colour is it? Chrome?

Oh yeah. This mod is only for the Ibanez Edge series trem arm holders. Hulla, its not a generic floyd rose mod as what your title suggests.

the serial number is starts with F5......

So i supposed its 1995??

I believe its an edge pro.. I've seen an edge before.. its different.

On my its written, 'licensed ....' the arm is not gold. its black. haha

Its a lo pro edge. Not an edge pro. The Edge Pro doesn't have Licensed Under Floyd Rose Patents on it... but jsut to confirm...

Can you string the ball end at the back?

Yeap, the arm is black... all Edge series arms are black. :)

What is the cond of the trem? Finish good?

Oh ya!!!! its lo pro... Sorry wad am i talking about...

Condition is fine. Keeps in tune well. Abit tarnish and rusty on spots. But the rust is quite gone after i applied naptha

Heheh... If it were chrome, i would bug you to trade with my GOtoh Floyd rose and I will top up like $100 (for good cond ah...).

Anyway, treasure it... the Lo Pro Edge is one of the best floyd rose licensed trems out there... better than the OFR.

the gold hardware still look gold. didnt fade. My knobs to the tuners all gold. the locking nut also gold. the nut tree also gold..

COME ROB ME!!! haha

I dun know the official colour of the guit. Its emerald green. Flame top but i think its photoflame. Basswood. V7 V8 S1 pups. Lo pro edge.

Anyone with any info bout this guit?

i highly recommend that schaller floyd arm mod too....solves your problem once and for all. A very good solution indeed!

ShredCow said:
Heheh... If it were chrome, i would bug you to trade with my GOtoh Floyd rose and I will top up like $100 (for good cond ah...).

Anyway, treasure it... the Lo Pro Edge is one of the best floyd rose licensed trems out there... better than the OFR.

Is the S540 fitted with the Lo Pro Edge?

Latest posts

Back