female guitarist?

Vaiyen said:
can't i have a preference for what race of girls i prefer??? the world is too politically correct nowadays...*grumbles*

Sorry, but I'm just another one of those 'world-savers' against killing of trees and sharks and choosing the races of girls you want to date.

But seriously, you don't even know her!

if i knew her, would i need to ask her race? duh..
it's something called curiousity.

but seriously, pple need to loosen up. I detest overtly-PC pple. Not saying you are one of them, of course.

okie, let's not bgr here. :lol: we are talking music guys.... and gals. :lol:

a big hi to Paul!!! he's the man who is 'thundering' the 6 strings scene in Singapore man! I got evidence, let me just find that video and show everyone! ha..ha..haa

Hi Atee! Having a gal tht cn play guitar pretty well is awesome...! My respect to u n all those gals out there who wan to venture into guitar playing! :wink:

theres this 14 yr old girl who plays stuff like evh n dream theater stuff. names chelsea constable. heard shes even got her own signature line of guitars. cool shit. all hail girls who make us guys look feeble. hehe.

penta-tonic said:
theres this 14 yr old girl who plays stuff like evh n dream theater stuff. names chelsea constable. heard shes even got her own signature line of guitars. cool shit. all hail girls who make us guys look feeble. hehe.

really?! where's she from?

uhhhh i'm not worthy i'm not worthy!!!!

Come on people, anyone can play DT or Van Halen if you practice enough. Even if a guy play DT or van halen, i'm not impress at all. But if their own compositions is good, even it's something simple, i'll be impress. Music, IMO is never about speed or technique but about how you can express yourself 8)

naw man .... in order to write cool stuff like the greats... first you have to study the greats.... even the best have influences...
if one can play dt solos perfect or play cathedral-evh ....eruption with his/her eyes closed. ... it would be very impressive... as it simply shows the amount of hardwork and dedication the fella put into his/her practising.

no one is born with a mind for music.... but one can be born into a world of music... where you are in contact with music of a wide variety... i feel thats the best way to become a creative/original musician.
by listening to everything there is...and coming up with something of your own.

Yes, you must study the greats, but you must never copy them or play like them. What is so great about playing fast? If i can shred like a machine but my music is sloppy, not organised but a simple Bob Dylan song can express many things, which is more impressive?

Contact with a wider range of music but sadly majority here are into the rock scene.

haha. i find tt funny when u (marshall law) say tt any1 can play dt n evh. i wonder where every1 has gone to cos in singapore we r 'blessed' with shitty guitar players with only de occasional few who actually take an interest in wat they r doing with their guitars. yeah. i agree tt any1 can do dt n evh stuff but one must put their heart into watever he wants to achieve. i wanna see more talent on de local scene n i salute all those girls out there who r breaking into de music scene \m/ :D

penta-tonic said:
haha. i find tt funny when u (marshall law) say tt any1 can play dt n evh. i wonder where every1 has gone to cos in singapore we r 'blessed' with shitty guitar players with only de occasional few who actually take an interest in wat they r doing with their guitars. yeah. i agree tt any1 can do dt n evh stuff but one must put their heart into watever he wants to achieve. i wanna see more talent on de local scene n i salute all those girls out there who r breaking into de music scene \m/ :D

You can do it too. I believe that if you practice real hard you can play like them.

marshall_law said:
Yes, you must study the greats, but you must never copy them or play like them. What is so great about playing fast? If i can shred like a machine but my music is sloppy, not organised but simple Bo Dylan song can express many things, which is more impressive?

Marshall_Law, i agree with you. Speaking as a guitarist for over 10 years, i can tell you that soloing is not the be all, end all of being a guitarist. I have upmost respect for people who can play lightning fast solos. I'll only truly admire them if they can fit that into the context of a song.

jeifen said:
I have upmost respect for people who can play lightning fast solos.
I don't think speed is everything...It can get very boring after a while..

Yes. That's precisely my point :D
The few shredders i'd admired were all very melodic players (i.e. you can actually hum their solos, sans the lightning-fast ones) And they do that within the context of the song...

YEs try playing Tocatta and Fugue in D minor hahaha super fast seh and its nice try the tapping version hmmmmm wonder if anybody can do tappin on a bass in s'pore hahah haven seen 1 though

thats true... no point in being able to do chromatics perfectly at 400bpm... if you cant even write a proper solo. guitar is a MUSICAL INSTRUMENT...so its supposed to channel your thoughts/emmotions into tangible ideas and sounds...

Back