Fav bassist

Cliff burton, Jason newstead and Rob trujillo

I dont know whose the best, Rob is said to be technically as good as cliff, but given cliffs young age when he died, and robs age now, I think cliff would pwn.

I love jason though, great guy.

i feel tat late Cliff is the best among the 3.......

n his bass solo is powerful n nice....... example, Pulling Teeth......

:twisted:

my fav bassist is non other than Geddy Lee of Rush...Come on man this guy can sing while sweeping his bass with a killer tone like nobody's business like that...fuyyooo

Definitely Jon Pattitucci , victor wooten, marcus miller, louis johnson and John Myung

Local ones:

Reuel Ramos, KELVIN SEOW, BONG, Joshua Wan, Jonathan Sim and Clement Yang.

Yeaaaah LOCAL BASSIST ROCKS :!: :!: :!:

Mr_KeyboardMan said:
Definitely Jon Pattitucci , victor wooten, marcus miller, louis johnson and John Myung

Local ones:

Yeah they are all my fav bassist too both local and foreign....hahahah dam cool.... But i gt 2 more to add.... Jonathan from audio brake out!!! power stuff!!
AND GOblOk (sultan) AI POWER!!!

paul mccartney

plays piano , plays guitar , plays bass... woah woah woah !

local bassists : James bay !

Sir Paul McCartney that is :) check out his bass run on Something and Silly love songs, two of my all time fav songs from him :)

cheers
purplehaze3691

My fav bassists are the following (Not in order of preference)

1. Victor Wooten
2. Marcus Miller
3. Abraham Laboriel
4. Anthony Jackson
5. Stanley Clarke

These guys really bring bass to horizons beyond imaginations!

wah, so many post & only 3 mention bout victor wooten & 1 mention Abraham Laboriel. wah, u guys shld listen more to these 2 guys, they r AMAZING. still love wooten's amazing grace even thou its so old liao. saw a video of bass day where wooten & his oldest bro were playing, the bro is a guitarist but he did slap pop on his guitar, i was 8O

Mr_KeyboardMan said:

Local ones:

u miss out melvin wong & din for the local bassist. anyway, was shocked to learn tht joshua wan is actually a keybrdist, he play bass for fun, so i wld really wanna hear his keybrd play. 2nd shock is tht his the son of one of my church pastor, haha, from looking at tht pastor, i can nvr imagine he has a son so talented

Back