Fav bassist

well, to name a few, its got to be Billy Sheehan, John Alderete from Racer X and Taiji Sawada from X Japan and Loudness.

maaaaaad skills....just makes me happy when i see them play :lol:

Flea of rchp! (cuz that's the only bassist i know, hehe so ignorant)
Was he the one who invented the slap technique?
Must check out their new album Stadium Arcadium (releasing this tuesday i think), heard most of the songs in there are good.

Larry Graham was recognised as the inventor of slapping on the electric bass, although some people argue that there were people before him and he just popularised it.

Before Larry Graham was slapping on the electric, there were people like Milt Hinton who were slapping the upright bass.

Although Flea didn't invent slapping, he did develop a style that was all his own. He attacked the strings with the ferocity and speed of a punk player, while still maintaining the groove of his jazz roots.

well currently i'm listening to a fair bit of Nathan East and i find his control and precision awesome indeed. and from a practical standpoint, that he's one of the most sought after session bassists in the industry! might not be the greatest, but can play with the greatest! i think it says alot about himself as a whole.

i also like Stefan Lessard from DMB
Taka Hirose from Feeder
the on-off bassist Dave Friedman from Mercury Rev
Collin Greenwood of Radiohead
Chris Wood from Martin Medeski and Wood
Larry Grenadier, the upright player from Brad Mehldau trio
and of course the great Jaco Pastorius

.. just to name a few -)

Bass player

My favourites are as follows:

1. John Myung
2. Victor Wooten
3. Mike Porcaro
4. Flea
5. Abe Laboriel

Can't really remember the rest.

There's nothing wrong with Mark Hoppus. The bassist need not be a highly-skilled player in order to be liked. I think it's a matter of preference? :D

Well, if someone really liked Sid and Sheehan at the same time la. Will be shocked, but will refrain from making a comment. 8)

Back