'Designing' guitar neck

most_wanted

Hi guys, do u all 'design' ur guitar neck? For example, instead of the standard 'dots' at the odd frets, u change it into spongebob face at the frets.... If u guys do, where is the best place to do it?

Cheers,

You'd have to route out an inlay channel. and cut the inlay to fit.
Not to the extent of using spongebob, cause he has too many holes to actually figure out cutting.

But more like routing the fingerboard for vines (Gr3y did it) or shark fins etc.

Absolutely not!

The tone would be ruined!!!

Didn't you know how stickers and stuff like that, literally SUCK up tone like a sponge?! You dampen vibrations, you lose sustain, drop in richness and you end up with a DEAD neck!!!!!

Absolutely not!

Didn't you know how stickers and stuff like that, literally SUCK up tone like a sponge?! You dampen vibrations, you lose sustain, drop in richness and you end up with a DEAD neck!!!!!

surely you jest ???

I think they should change the dots into other shapes, example square, triangle and etc...Hahahha..

I want a patrick star inlay on my fingerboard

n738725850_959279_3763.jpg

n738725850_525448_2266.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Absolutely not!

shred,

you spark off another topic.. what's the effect of inlay with requirement of large routing of fret surface on the overall guitar tone?

do you have A/B comparsion on video to share your points? it will be interesting to know why lutheir still stick to dots ? i find it.... dreadful with dots already too.

shred,

you spark off another topic.. what's the effect of inlay with requirement of large routing of fret surface on the overall guitar tone?

do you have A/B comparsion on video to share your points? it will be interesting to know why lutheir still stick to dots ? i find it.... dreadful with dots already too.

Hehe. I'm kidding dude.

That said, my preference is NO inlay. I realised, not only does it make the instrument more exclusive (because few are used to no visual guides), it also makes the player literally play by feel... not by sight. Quite interesting.

Hehe. I'm kidding dude.

That said, my preference is NO inlay. I realised, not only does it make the instrument more exclusive (because few are used to no visual guides), it also makes the player literally play by feel... not by sight. Quite interesting.

I was about to fly over to your place and smack you over the head with my AT300... did you know those nice fleur-de-lys inlays on the AT300 are stickers???:mrgreen:

Hehe. I'm kidding dude.

oh man!, i shouldnt take a cow-shredder seriously.
haha...
yea,... the inlay is cool. with spongebob.. i am looking to have the face of my idol as inlay.. and at the 12th Fret.. will be edison chen.. hahaha just kidding:mrgreen:

I was about to fly over to your place and smack you over the head with my AT300... did you know those nice fleur-de-lys inlays on the AT300 are stickers???:mrgreen:

Hehehe. I put stickers on my guitar... put on bass side = cuts bass... and vice versa for treble. So i can eq my guitar to my liking.

Btw, I got the Cruisers (bridge) in my USACG. I must say, I'm very happy with them... for some reason, the compression they have makes shredding much easier.

Latest posts

Back