Craftsman GS200 LP type

i heard, that there's a real good and cheap guitar company in the Philippines, called RJ. i own a semi-acoustic, dad bought from there. i read many good reviews about their LPs. heard that their hardware imported from US one...

BF109E said:
There are some good second hand Epiphone Les Paul Standards that you can find at Luther Music, usually selling around $450. You can also find some at Yahoo Auctions for around that price range up to about $500.

I've owned a Craftsman LP copy before. It was good except that my tuners do not hold well, so the strings tend to go out of tune after some hard playing. I'v seen the Craftsman LP at Luther and it's much better in quality and construction than some of the earlier Craftsman LP copies.

I alos had an Aria Pro II Les Paul copy. You can find them at Ranking Sports. Build-wise is fine. I swop my stock pickups with an Epiphone pair that I bought second hand for $50. That make quite a difference in the guitar. Sounded so much better. Price is about $350 or thereabouts.

hows the sound of the craftsman you owned? people say pickup not good...
i really like the looks if the one advertised in luther's website.. but still must go down and try and play and see first...later dont like the feel then :(

hey guys...i'm also planning on getting a LP-like guitar..prolly a les paul standard, or even the craftsmen GS200 LP or maybe a tokai one..
one trend i noticed is that, some of the guitars have a pickup cover:( http://www.giggear.co.uk/images/products/medium/1032.jpg )

whereas,some does not have it:
( http://www.8thstreet.com/images/epiphone-lpstand-qtta.jpg )..

for those without the pickup covers, is it possible to just add them on, or is it kind of 'fixed' on..cause i noticed that those with the pickup covers have a screw on them..and i though, those with pickup covers looks abit nicer..

my vote goes to craftman... i tried a craftman LP before.... other than it's pickups... the guitar looks sweet....

but SX has set necks craftsman dont. but then again, craftsman looks more like LP...and there's some Agile guitars only available in US, got some great reviews at harmony central, but i dont think they sell here...

well dominzo, you can fix the covers on, but its really troublesome... you'd have to take out all the strings, strip the pickup holster and take out the pickup... then theres these two screws with springs mounted on them... taking it out is easy, putting it back is hell...

Bob Marley all the way

NewGuy said:
I tried the epiphone lp standard before... not bad though... got the crunch and warmth... I believe u can get it for 400 to 500 at swee lee...

Go try the bob marley one... not bad leh... haha... I thing there is a review about it u can check at http://www.soft.com.sg/new/modules.php?name=MReviews&op=show&rid=29

I have the Bob Marley Les Paul Special and it seriously kicks. It sounds great with Epiphone '57 humbuckers. Especially the neck pickup. But NewGuy, it costs like 700 or 800 at SweeLee. I bought mine for 400 at a half price sale at SweeLee :wink:

I still have a Craftsman GS200... Dunno if it's me but 7 months since buying it the paintwork started cracking up.... so heartpain.

Ryuworks said:
I still have a Craftsman GS200... Dunno if it's me but 7 months since buying it the paintwork started cracking up.... so heartpain.

serious?!?!?!? can post some photos of how "cracked" it is?

I was looking forward to a craftsman leh.. your msg scares me...

Savage said:
Ryuworks said:

serious?!?!?!? can post some photos of how "cracked" it is?

I was looking forward to a craftsman leh.. your msg scares me...
Not that bad la... Just that the sides slightly broke. Well... Can't expect too much from something that cheap...

Latest posts

Back