Craftsman GS200 LP type

Ryuworks said:
Savage said:
Ryuworks said:
I still have a Craftsman GS200... Dunno if it's me but 7 months since buying it the paintwork started cracking up.... so heartpain.

serious?!?!?!? can post some photos of how "cracked" it is?

I was looking forward to a craftsman leh.. your msg scares me...
Not that bad la... Just that the sides slightly broke. Well... Can't expect too much from something that cheap...

ermm true too . hahaha. maybe i should consider the epiphone special II package... but i really dont want that type... i want a LP with four knobs.. so that it resembles x japan's guitars. haha

about how much is a tokai ?
I'ev got my budget to keep to..
i just visited tokai's website.. so many models . any recommendations? then maybe i'll head down to davis to see see . their websites say they have brought in tokai guitars
my budget is still around 350 - 400.. maybe i can go over a bit .. coz i intend to get a multil effects pedal too. maybe i can save on that
i have a total of 600 bucks in budget .. i know its not a lot. but its a lot to me :(

Hahz.... Then I think you have to give up the tokai. It's at least 800. Well... In that case get the Craftsman.... My cracks in in the paint is quite insignficant...... at the back can't see from the front. Okay ranking has brought in the J&D LP, which is exactly the same as the GS200. Go check whether it's cheaper there. City Music sells the GS200 for 320, if the J&D sells cheaper then get it. Or get a Aria LP, they got nicer colours for a bit more cash. The main thing is, all these LPs are quite worth it for the buck, and once you get enough cash just swap the PUs and there, you have a great LP-replacement that probably sounds hundred times better than a Epiphone using the same amount of cash. 320(Craftsman)+150(59 PU set)=470..... Much cheaper than most stock Epiphones.

ermm dont really like a strat leh... personal preference on looks maybe.. I really like a les paul look. but I haven't really played on one before. so when i go window shopping for it.. I'll give it a shot. then I'll decide whether i'll really get one or not... if i really dont like the feel, i'll opt for a strat..

tar, as sub said, try the tokais and burnys... if you're wondering where to test them, its at davis guitars, either that its at plaza singapura, yamaha...

Hey TGM just came in a new stock LP, black color model, with SET NECK. I think will be the cheapest set neck LP in the market. Tentative pricing is at S$250/= for the guitar itself.

Anyone interested just pm me.

hi all.
today just went to davis, luther, ranking and sweelee to shop for the guitars...
but only managed to try a guitar at davis and ranking..
tried a j.suzuki i think at davis... feels weird..... not what i expected...
then i tried the J&D at ranking. feels ok.. just that the bolt on neck seems off from the body.. got gaps between neck and body... like dont feel properly like that.. is that normal or is it bad ???
didn't manage to see the craftsman guitar too... luther sold out liao...
told me to go city music see but drove wrong direction on the way there and gave up....

so, now i'm looking at J&D les paul. 285 from what i saw on the tag.. didn't ask though. maybe i'm wrong...

it's prob cheaper than wats on the tag, the craftsman is the same guitar as the J and D one, so no point trying it. The J and D is like that, bolt on but not exactly very well done, thats wat you get for the kind of price. You should just get it if you don't have cash for a Tokai.

ok..
i saw the tokai at davis...
its a beauty.... but the price is really .. :(
i wished i had that amount of money....
what would you think of an epiphone? i saw at sweelee a les paul standard i think. cost 700+

swee lee is quite expensive..according to your style, you should find what kind of guitar that you need. or you can find a sendcond hand one...i also could find a very good one in cityhall...Craftman is not really good for heavy and metal, just for ballad...kekekekekeke :lol: :lol: :lol:

Savage said:
ok..
i saw the tokai at davis...
its a beauty.... but the price is really .. :(
i wished i had that amount of money....
what would you think of an epiphone? i saw at sweelee a les paul standard i think. cost 700+
if u are goin the epiphone route I suggest getting a used one, they should cost around 400-500++ depending on condition, and u could spend the remainder replacing the electronics and so on . Epi electronics are not very good.

Hmm

moggie_54 said:
How about the Esp/Ltd les paul?? I heard the Ltd are quite good compared to ESP.. :D

Basically what sets ESP apart from LTD is the EMGs pickup & the body material. LTD mostly are using either Agathis or Alder body, while ESP uses Mahogany (which is of cuz better la).

If you want value for money, I suggest getting Craftsman or SX copies, then go change the pickups.

now.... Just in case you are mixing the ESP guitars with the Edwards guitars, the ESP guitars use much better wood, much better spare parts, and boast of much better worksmanship than a LTD, which is Indonesian made with low quality wood and materials, and the price difference is around 4.5k per axe? Edwards are mass produced Japanese ones, which are still much better than LTDs....

Yes for your budget just get the J&D and change the pickups. They are relatively quite playable for the price. Besides u can always take the PUs out if u upgrade to a better axe down your playing life

Latest posts

Back