Champions League Final...Man U vs Barcelona

congrats barcelona. outplayed, outsmarted, everything. the better team won fair and square. there's no denying it. man u dont deserve to be champions of europe.

i'm ashamed and disappointed.

we cant even go abt saying "at least we played well and gave it our best"

but honestly speaking ,i think there are very little barcelona fans in singapore.

i would say that there are more TRUE tottenham and everton fans who really watch their team's matches compared to barcelona fans whom do so.

i guess ,most who supported barcelona(pool,chelski,arsenal whatever) are just anti man utd HAHAHAHA, admit it you asses :)

pique was excellent. he covered up yaya's mistakes perfectly.

rio and vidic were pale in comparison.

i can only sing praises of their midfield.

Congrats to Barcelona on their win and completing their treble season (in case if anyone doesn't know at this point of time). Its such an amazing feat for their manager in his 1st season in charge.

I didn't understand why Man U wasn't up to their best like they were in their previous games. They clearly let Barca walk over them and it could have been 3-0 or 4-0.

but honestly speaking ,i think there are very little barcelona fans in singapore.

i would say that there are more TRUE tottenham and everton fans who really watch their team's matches compared to barcelona fans whom do so.

i guess ,most who supported barcelona(pool,chelski,arsenal whatever) are just anti man utd HAHAHAHA, admit it you asses :)

yeah, i've never seen so many chants for barca in my life...hahaha. united haters, all!

well...my beloved United lost to a better team...that's football..what can I say...and I am about $250 bucks poorer...

the things man will do for love...ooo and Ronaldo still bully "kecik" only..cometh the hour,cometh the man but he...??

VIVA LA BARCELONA!

The first thing I asked my friend after catching the match was "If Man U plays like that, why do they have lots of fans?". He just laughed. :mrgreen:

Every other dude we saw at Chijmes was wearing a Man U jersey. Remembered their expressions all so funny sia. Kekekeke....

ps I don't really watch soccer but Barcelona's passing was immaculate.

as expected Barcelona wins.im a neutral in this match since im both man utd and barca fan since the Ronaldo 9/Luis Figo/Luis Enrique days

i saw this guy wearing Barca jersey while on the way to work and i was thinking Barca had won the CL..and it turns out to be true.

congrats to F.C Barcelona.

SWEEEEET Barca 2 - 0 Man Utd...total whoopass playing from Barca players. Oh and Puyol = MAN OF THE MATCH quality...he totally OWNED the whole right side of the field!

Last edited:
What a BORING GAME??!!!!!

Barca was not that sharp and fantatistic really.. They dont even even have their first eleven lineup.
They are just playing like what they always do..

Its the Man u side who is playing terribly horrible...
They play like they shouldnt be the finalist in this CL finals..

Ronaldo was on form.. its just that he is not getting the service that he should get.
PLaying him as an upfront striker was a mistake.. bad call from alex..

Well... There goes the dream of getting Quadruple this yr and the 1st BPL team to win consecutive CL title.

Congrats to Barca and consider them lucky that they dont have to work hard to win this title.

Signing out. : )

Barca 2 - 0 Manures.

Not surprise with manures style of play cos they always play like that in final against the big boys. They are afterall a big bully who bully small clubs like Wigan :twisted:.

What surprising was Barca tactics in 1st half. Not enough players upfront and too many players in their own half.

It's also good to see Henry finally getting his CL winner with Barca after just being there for 2 seasons :mrgreen:.

I've been a Man Utd fan since the mid-80s, and I'm proud to declare that it has never been any question of switching allegiance. With that in mind, I'm more than happy to congratulate Barcelona and their fans for winning the UCL this year. They are the better team, took their chances better, kept possession of the ball and didn't give it away carelessly. In a game like this, it all boils down to which team made the least mistakes, and it was Barcelona. You guys deserved it, and winning the treble shows the quality the team has.

I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be (which deflated some of my friends who'd thought that taunting me with it would wind me up) because it was obvious that Barca was the better team. There were no refereeing mistakes, no controversies. It was a great game of football.

To me, I guess the talking points would be Ferguson's decisions and tactics which totally failed against Barca:

1) Rio Ferdinand hasn't played for 3 weeks, and suddenly he was allowed to play. I think with the amount of time he was laid off, I'd be more comfortable with Johnny Evans in central defence with Vidic. Case in point, Messi's goal. He was totally left alone to head the ball in. Who was supposed to mark him? And bear in mind, Messi is so much shorter than him.

2) Ronaldo as a striker? I don't think so. Just because he can score does not make him one. He is better coming from midfield on the flanks to provide assists and crosses, and of course, the occasional shots on goal. He tried too much to score yesterday from outside the penalty box. What gives?

3) Rooney has been deployed time and again on the left supporting the central striker. I feel that Rooney's potential is better utilised in the centre, just behind the lone striker.

4) But the biggest mistake, I feel, is Ferguson's 4-3-3 formation, with a midfield consisting of Giggs, Carrick and Anderson. Bearing in mind Barca has Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, he should have deployed a 4-5-1 formation to win the midfield battle, or even 4-4-1-1. Too often, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were allowed to roam the centre with no one pressing them.

Ah well...it was still a great game. And I'm glad that Ferguson admitted that the better team won deservedly.

I support Arsenal and I am happy that Barca beat MUFC... No more treble muahaha...

Can shut my Manure friends for a while now.

Back