Champions League Final...Man U vs Barcelona

Arsenal this season cui lah . . . Wenger only buy Arshavin and they cannot field him for UCL . . .

How to get Treble this season when they lose the UCL?? lol...

i think barca could had scored more... manu are lucky...
i dun reli support barca but i dun noe y i always like to watch them play since 4-5 yrs back...
congrats to them.

reason y suddenly got many barca fans is simple...
there's tis saying i heard years back... which i do believe it is true...

anything BUT manu

:)

yeah arsenal got NOTHING

KOSONG

Despite getting nothing, we still remain a reputable club :) At least we are still within the top 4 of the league, right?

Best thing is, we sold our valuable players to Barca :( Siao liao... left all the youngsters, who are progressing well in the league this season.

anything BUT manu
:)

Nowadays, people who just started watching the EPL dunnoe what clubs to support, they go support MUFC... Kopitiam uncles also whole day open mouth close mouth Ronaldo here, Ronaldo there...

Even females also support MUFC (in a superficial sense)... They love the club bec of Ronaldo, the pretty face of the team and maybe throw in Tevez and Anderson...

I wonder where their loyalty lies when these star players leave the club...

One thing is for sure, the club sure spend loads of cash on advertisement over the media... But kudos to them for reaching the finals...

sigh...we lost..

i am thinking of doing a rendition of Celine Dion's My Heart will go on...yeah the Titanic number...

bros/sistas...if it's gonna rain heavily today..blame it on my "Dion" vocals...gonna thinking of squeezing my balls to hit the upper register...

bros..bros...chill chill...

the season is done for...enough of bashing each other's teams..

we must be INCLUSIVE...must be AWARE..each team have done their very best
or else someone else will say "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN"

haha...just bcoz u hate the team doesn't mean they're not reputable..
i'm not fan of current ManU due to increasing number of arrogant young players (i like giggs n scholes!), but they're still reputable...

i dont think so.. sorry dude i really hate arsenal

I can't help it though, but please do us all a favour... Speak objectively... Disliking a club is one thing, but outright spitting words of hatre is just childish...

I accept that in the clash of MUFC against Arsenal, MUFC is the better team. No doubt about it even though I am pretty disappointed with AFC performance.

Subjectivity would lead me to saying, "MUFC got lucky" blah blah blah kinda stuffs, which is not true. You guys beat us fair and square.

That said, I do not dislike MUFC, just find the people supporting them, to be annoying, proud and snoobish. Whoops, did I hit the nail on your head?? :lol:

To me, I guess the talking points would be Ferguson's decisions and tactics which totally failed against Barca:

1) Rio Ferdinand hasn't played for 3 weeks, and suddenly he was allowed to play. I think with the amount of time he was laid off, I'd be more comfortable with Johnny Evans in central defence with Vidic. Case in point, Messi's goal. He was totally left alone to head the ball in. Who was supposed to mark him? And bear in mind, Messi is so much shorter than him.

2) Ronaldo as a striker? I don't think so. Just because he can score does not make him one. He is better coming from midfield on the flanks to provide assists and crosses, and of course, the occasional shots on goal. He tried too much to score yesterday from outside the penalty box. What gives?

3) Rooney has been deployed time and again on the left supporting the central striker. I feel that Rooney's potential is better utilised in the centre, just behind the lone striker.

4) But the biggest mistake, I feel, is Ferguson's 4-3-3 formation, with a midfield consisting of Giggs, Carrick and Anderson. Bearing in mind Barca has Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, he should have deployed a 4-5-1 formation to win the midfield battle, or even 4-4-1-1. Too often, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were allowed to roam the centre with no one pressing them.

Ah well...it was still a great game. And I'm glad that Ferguson admitted that the better team won deservedly.

1. iniesta was out for 17 days and yet he stomped all over man u in midfield. henry was injured and was a pale shadow of himself by missing a one-on-one and was eventually substituted. ferdinand let the shortest man on the pitch scored with a header. no bloody excuse.

2. ahh ronaldo, tried to selfishly do too much in the first 8 mins and faded in to the background thereafter. is it that important for you to score against a spanish team? football is a team game and barca is the perfect example. and when things don't go your way, you start pouting and committing cynical fouls. grow up. there's no substitute for substance and class.

3. rooney's been playing on the left for a while in the epl. that's what english football is all about. pass the balls down the flanks, push and run, cross. he was there again against barca presumably to help evra against messi with his willingness to track back and defend. look what happen in the second half when he was moved to the right to exploit sylvinho's lack of pace? puyol overlapped like there's no tomorrow and messi scored a goal.

4. 4-5-1 seemed logical for midfield dominance. result will likely be a draw. you can't really contain technically gifted passers/players like xavi, ineista and messi. chelski tried playing with 10 defenders and failed to make it count when it matters. all barca had to do was retain possession with their patient passing game and that is enough to frustrate man u into a few cynical fouls and maybe a sending off. well, at least there's a chance for man u to win on penalties.

come on, man u did not play a bad game. it was barca who did not allow man u to play their game as with bayern and real. maintain possession and the opponents can't play. simple enough?

barca taught the world a footballing lesson with their brand of attacking football by maintaining possession, precise and incisive passing and their relative ease of scoring goals. hell, they made football look so simple.

remember, humility is a virtue and grace is to accept defeat without excuses.

I'm fine with Barca beating Man United. They won fair and square against a team that played poorly and with no heart.

What I find sad are supporters of other clubs telling us 'better luck next year' or gloating when their own teams can't even beat Man United in the same game of football. Can't do your own dirty work because your teams are not up to it? What's the use of gloating over a 4-1 win at Old Trafford when at the end of the season, you still lose out on the league?

I can't help it though, but please do us all a favour... Speak objectively... Disliking a club is one thing, but outright spitting words of hatre is just childish...

I accept that in the clash of MUFC against Arsenal, MUFC is the better team. No doubt about it even though I am pretty disappointed with AFC performance.

Subjectivity would lead me to saying, "MUFC got lucky" blah blah blah kinda stuffs, which is not true. You guys beat us fair and square.

That said, I do not dislike MUFC, just find the people supporting them, to be annoying, proud and snoobish. Whoops, did I hit the nail on your head?? :lol:

what did i do? i just said i hated arsenal haha

btw, every football fan has to be annoying, proud and snoobish!

what i find sad are supporters of other clubs telling us 'better luck next year' or gloating when their own teams can't even beat man united in the same game of football. Can't do your own dirty work because your teams are not up to it? What's the use of gloating over a 4-1 win at old trafford when at the end of the season, you still lose out on the league?

exactly!!!!

dodgethis: I can sense ur angstyness and you are rather sensitive to others remark.

Correct me if I am wrong, if your club don't win the cup @ all, it amounts to nothing, but of cuz it doesn't level you to the state of the other teams.

I find it rather saddening that we are so caught up in winning, we totally lost the beauty of the sport called football. If everyone is about supporting the best team and winning, poor teams like Hull City, Stoke City, Sunderland all would never possibly have any supporters left.

It is one thing to play beautiful football and another to win. Of cuz to have the best of both worlds is what most people desire for their club. Ever wondered why not everybody in the world support only Man Utd? or Liverpool? or Chelsea? or Arsenal.

In each of these team, there is something unique about their playing style, their players' personalities, management possibly or other factors that contributes. Losing to MUFC doesn't equates to the other clubs not up for the job; MUFC just have the right mentality, ability and determination and perhaps passion to pull through game after game and that sets them apart from the rest.

Food for thought: if one day (a very big IF), Mufc relegates to 1st div, will you still support them?? In fact, I feel sad for Newcastle now that they crashed out of the league like that. Same for the good old Leeds United, who once was glorious in the EPL.

I agree with dani... "humility is a virtue and grace is to accept defeat without excuses."

Back